Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hippyonenine

AI aircraft Editor

Hi

I am one of those who prefer to install custom designed AI traffic plans such as those from AIG or UTT.

Over the years some models become obsolete - eg FSP and PAI which can be easily dealt with by deleting the old folders. My question is does anyone know of a utility which will allow me to modify the .cfg files of current aircraft to take out an entry for a particular livery without having to manually renumber all the entires in the file?

Thnx

John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Try ACA2005. Aircraft Analyser. I think that will do what you want.

I usually just use cut/paste for the last entry, pasting it over the fltsim.x entry I am deleting. Ony need to renumber one entry that way.

Peter

Hi Peter

I already use Aca2005 but didn't realise about the aircraft analyser feature. Will explore further.

Thanks for the help.

John

I still use a program called "AOM" that was a pay ware AC and AI flt plan management tool. Not sure if it's still available but it works great. The next thing that sort of come close is Addit Pro, which is also pay ware

aifp2121.zip by Dan Grovestine will edit, compile, and install flight plan files. To modify it first decompile if you need to the traffic type .bgl file. You can reassign the models by aircraft number and the utility will verify the correct models exist and have their aircraft.cfg section correct. It is in the FSX Utilities library (freeware) but is also FS9 compatible.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Have a major editing weekend coming up so will try all suggestions.

John