Sign in to follow this  
HawkDsl

Turbo Charging Update

Heya Stew, 

This is essentially a Carenado with updates, so all base Carenado B58 repaints apply.

JKH

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Hiya, John.  Thanks.  I suspected that, but just wanted to confirm.  This is a nice little update--been flying it the last two days.  It really scoots along and will probably been in the top five of my go-to aircraft, especially for long distance trips.

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Sorry, been outa the loop for a few months..

Repaints: any repaint you have for the regular carenado baron will work in the TC version. If you are installing it only in the TC folder, nothing special needs to be done, but if you are installing it into both folders (regualr AND TC), then make sure you change the title, ui_type, and description lines in the aircraft.cfg file in the TC folder.

Eamples:

Regular Folder:

[fltsim.0]
title=Carenado BARON B58 N100TC
sim=B58
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=N100TC
kb_checklists=B58_CHECK
kb_reference=B58_REF
atc_id=N100TC
ui_manufacturer="Carenado"
ui_type="B58"
ui_variation="N100TC"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
ui_createdby="Carenado"
description="Carenado Baron B58 - Repaint by Hawk Diesel"

---

TC Folder

[fltsim.0]
title=Carenado BARON B58TC N100TC
sim=B58
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=N100TC
kb_checklists=B58_CHECK
kb_reference=B58_REF
atc_id=N100TC
ui_manufacturer="Carenado"
ui_type="B58TC"
ui_variation="N100TC"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
ui_createdby="Carenado"
description="Carenado Baron B58TC - Repaint by Hawk Diesel"

Thanks again.. Glad everyone enjoys it!

:smile:  I liked this mod so much, I bought the Carenado Baron.  Just had to try it. I haven't even flown the stock version, just the 58TC!

Thanks

Sue

Even though I downloaded your software for the Baron 58TC awhile back, I just started flying it lately.

I LOVE this plane! You did an outstanding job with the mods and the sound pack. She flies a lot like the real machine!

Thank you very much.

Jim

Thanks for all the work you did on this!

I just downloaded the file today. Does the cutting and pasting mentioned earlier in this thread still need to be done, or were the files updated to include all that?

Cheers,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Took TC for a run out of NZWN last night for the first time, brilliant job !! thanks for the effort in getting this up. Pitched the nose up, punched through the layers and it didn't wanna quit !!!! NICE.

Hi MSP77,

I still haven't gotten around to installing the mod. Did you have to cut and paste the info from this thread into the files (please see my post prior to yours).

Cheers,

Scott

Edited by ndflieger

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Hi Scott,

I assumed too that I needed to cut and paste as discussed in the thread above in addition to installing the Zip, however found the instructions contained in the "read me .txt" in both Mod and sound pack Zips covered all of that very well ( and simply ).......with exception to the aircraft.cfg tweak on page 3 of this thread. Even then comparing those parameters to the installed file, I only needed to update this: (from memory)

[Flight Tuning]

Parasite drag scalar

I added paints from the base model from Carenado also as described above so now have a "blue Metal TC" paint as an example.

Hope this helps.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the information! I need to get around to installing this mod one of these days.

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Cebula

Hawk thank you so much. The airplane whipped up to FL 240 in about 18 minutes and trued about 240 KTS just like the book numbers. In cruise pulling the power back to 25 in MP lowers fuel consumption from 36 GPH to 28 GPH and airspeed drops only about 22 KTS--range goes up substantially.

FANTASTIC !! Nice to see the MP gauges indicating the atmospheric pressure before start.