I am in the middle of a big move. Started last week with all the big furniture and then have been going back and forth every day getting some more stuff.

I am back on the farm after 4 years in the city. Yeah! Hate the city.

I had an ADSL connection for the Internet in town, but there's none of that here. So, I got a fancy wireless modem. Surprisingly, it worked very well, even faster than what I had before. At least, for a day or two. :lol: Then, speeds degraded to 0!

That's when I learned that storms or heavy cloud cover prevent good transmission. But, even when skies are clear, I don't always get a good connection.

To make matters really serious, my GTX 460 burned out (!) just 3 days after I got here. Since it was still under warranty, I sent it back to EVGA and should have another in a couple of weeks. Of course, Flight will not launch without a graphics card so my options are the following:

- go back to FS X. Yuck! :lol: I loved that game a lot but it's not the same as Flight.

- try out Lance's (meshman) new mesh scenery for Hawai'i. I really should do this because his work is great! But, it's FS X and I just can't get motivated for that.

- work on my scenery projects so that they are ready if stonelance ever gets around to our particular area of modifications. We've got a lot riding on that guy. :lol: Patience, grasshopper. All good things come to those who wait.

In the meantime, I check this forum for some vicarious thrills... if I can connect to the Internet that is. :lol: So, please keep it lively, guys, you are doing your good deed by letting me share in your enthusiasm.

I hope to be back soon... some day... I hope.

Best regards.

Luis

Very sorry to hear of your troubles, Luis.  Here's hoping that things get straightened out pronto for you as we miss you being here.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Lets hope so Luis, we do indeed miss your wit and your screen shots. :p0504: :p0504: I know what you mean about going back to FSX, I try it now and again but always come back.

Steve

The Internet seems to be working so I'll see if I can put up a picture of some of the flying machines I have here on the farm.

Great looking paint job, I think. :lol:

Best regards.

Luis

Great looking paint job, I think.

:lol:  I want that for my Maule  lol

Luis estan bonitos ... nice picture .... 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

This <p> nbsbp <p> bkspc stuff happens with me too, especially when I'm editing something I previously posted.  I always copy and paste my post before I hit send, just in case.  Darned computer things!

Luis, I hope you get you card real soon!

I understand you sooooo well when you talk about FSX... Add to that X-Plane... They're so far from what MS FLIGHT gives us in terms of sensation of flight, so far... Fortunately, as you probably already know, I settled for another sim - it pretty much occupied a place in my passion for simulators just like the one MS FLIGHT still maintains - DCS World. It has some features in common such as, a limited scenery area (unfortunately not so beautiful like those portrayed in MS FLIGHT), great flight dynamics, great visuals and an overall sensation of being there I can only find in MS FLIGHT.

My only problem with DCS World is that it focuses on the military side of flight, something that I really don't like...

The latest good news regarding the possibility to port native FSX aircraft into MS FLIGHT have opened a new window to my simmer future :-)

I wonder if this talented guys could do something for the NDBs missing in MS FLIGHT, or rather the ADFs to receive their signals....

Luis, I still think MS FLIGHT is indeed UNIQUE, and the most rewarding flight simulation experience I remember!

Get that card in a hurry, try to plan your flights using sky vector, read a good aviation text, like...See How it Flies (one I never get tired of recommending and most probably you already know...)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...