Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

captain420

Who makes the best P-51 Mustang?

I've noticed there are several makers. A2A, Warbardism, and some others. Which one would you say is the best?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've noticed there are several makers. A2A, Warbardism, and some others. Which one would you say is the best?

North American :LOL:

For FSX A2A with Accusim!!

I only own the A2A (both the old military and the modern Civilian one), but I think it's hard to beat those, especially if you have the Accusim Expansion as well!

For modelled systems then definitely choose the A2A P-51 with Accusim (both military and civilian variants). If you want a greater variety of models then you really can't do any better that those from Warbirdsim. Your choice will depend on what your priorities are. A lot of people have both. I certainly do.

Outside of FSX another option is to get the DCS P-51. I picked this up in their recent sale for $15.99. The systems are modelled to a similar level of the A2A and the weapons are usable.

Be careful with Accusm, it is very addictive :)  You may find yourself also drawn to the Spitfire's beauty or the P-40's 'Wild Bill Kelso' rugged personality.

Cheers

TJ

The Flight1 version is good but definitely takes the jump-seat to A2A's version. That bird really feels alive. It you abuse it, it will bite you and go wrong. I think you learn a lot more with the full acusim experience. Spitfire still my favourite though as it likes to overheat and takes a bit more skill to get the performance from it.