Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

There is an answer from Nick

Guest ecg

And that exactly why some were upset at MS with Flight, remember, MS said "Our way or the highway".

Now, if you are staying with Orbx exclusively and don't care about what may happen down the road with other sceneries products you'r good to go.

But based on your history of negative posts when it comes to Orbx, your opinions are suspect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Only when she learns to low terrain doesn't mean that is to low to rain LOL

Haha I had to chuckle at that one!

Phew I am glad of that, at least I can sleep without the police knocking on my door :)

Girlfriend? daughter? (please say its your sister?)

But based on your history of negative posts when it comes to Orbx, your opinions are suspect.

Here we go again, show me one post where I said that Orbx products was not good, just one...

Well, I can't imagine how this could be the case. OpenLC works with FTXG, yes, and it comes with extra textures, yes, but those extra textures will only be called by OpenLC itself. When you put the freeware Norway landclass above the OpenLC landclass you will see the Norway landclass calling FTXG textures: I can tell you that right now it does a wonderful job doing so! Norway has never looked so good!

Again, I have said it before, I fail to see how OpenLC can ruin other addons as long as you can change the order to your liking in the Scenery Library.

I think the incompatibility issue could stem from a modified lclookup file. 

It's my understanding that the lclookup table works like this:

When the landclass file calls for, say, a #24 mixed forest texture tile, the simulator "looks up" the corresponding texture number for that landclass type and for the region you are in, and then places that texture in the location where the landclass file calls for it.

If someone changes the lclookup table, then it can certainly affect how landclass files work, as most of them are designed around the default lclookup table.

Frankly, I don't care because I plan on getting ORBX openLC packages and whatever else they come out with in the future.

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Guest ecg

Here we go again, show me one post where I said that Orbx products was not good, just one...

Actually referring to the company and your rants against the CEO.

That creates a bias. You seem to have an awful lot to say about products you claim you will never use or purchase. Interesting that it was you to post the link to NickN's rant. Just stirring things up.

Actually referring to the company and your rants against the CEO.

That creates a bias. You seem to have an awful lot to say about products you claim you will never use or purchase. Interesting that it was you to post the link to NickN's rant. Just stirring things up.

Now we are going somewhere, liking or not the way somebody is doing business is one thing, bashing their products is another (something I've never did).

Making peoples aware of all angles before they buy something is not a negative thing, I will call that informative, as Nick did, you need to go back and read this thread again and other threads where I posted and see where I said something negative about Orbx products, if not I think as a Avsim's member I can give my opinion on a specific subject, this privilege is also yours if done in a respectful manner.

My only comment is that whoever moves this (FSX) hobby forward wins in the end.  I guess that that is ORBX for now.  GEX had its day but now we are moving forward.  Time to go flying yet again.

Regards

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

And that exactly why some were upset at MS with Flight, remember, MS said "Our way or the highway".

Now, if you are staying with Orbx exclusively and don't care about what may happen down the road with other sceneries products you'r good to go. 

You forgot the part where Orbx is offering to give other developers anything they need to make products work together. They are already actively doing so with many big names in the industry. Not only that, they are offering to do the work for them (adding autogen definitions to the lookup table for example from other developers so they work properly).

That's hardly an "our way or the highway" attitude. It's working together to make a better sim for everyone, overcoming many of the 7 year old shortcomings FSX started with.

The fact that NickN refuses to be part of the solution is his problem.

Haha I had to chuckle at that one!

Phew I am glad of that, at least I can sleep without the police knocking on my door :)

Girlfriend? daughter? (please say its your sister?)

haha Girlfriend . She is the one that got my flight sim pc for me so i did the honor to put her as my display picture here on AVSIM .

Here sister is the youngest but if you look at her pictures you won't think so  . Jail time cracks me up LOL

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

You forgot the part where Orbx is offering to give other developers anything they need to make products work together. They are already actively doing so with many big names in the industry. Not only that, they are offering to do the work for them (adding autogen definitions to the lookup table for example from other developers so they work properly).

That's hardly an "our way or the highway" attitude. It's working together to make a better sim for everyone, overcoming many of the 7 year old shortcomings FSX started with.

The fact that NickN refuses to be part of the solution is his problem.

You are missing the point but that's alright.

This reminds me of the reaction the Big Three American automakers had when Japan starting putting out a superior product.

Now we are going somewhere, liking or not the way somebody is doing business is one thing, bashing their products is another (something I've never did).

Making peoples aware of all angles before they buy something is not a negative thing, I will call that informative, as Nick did, you need to go back and read this thread again and other threads where I posted and see where I said something negative about Orbx products, if not I think as a Avsim's member I can give my opinion on a specific subject, this privilege is also yours if done in a respectful manner.

Hey Alain we respect your point . But in the past you clearly said you have work with NickN so you have a good friendship with NickN an for that reason you seem to more likely agree to almost everything he said . An seem to come to his rescue when someone say something about the guide. Are you sure you are not related to NICKN in some way? ........... :Thinking:

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

Dammmn

Her sister is the youngest but if you look at her pictures you won't think so  .

Damn,  PICTURES? where?  I think me n you need to have a chat! B)

Dude, if only my other half looked half as good! :angry:

Hey Alain we respect your point . But in the past you clearly said you have work with NickN so you have a good friendship with NickN an for that reason you seem to more likely agree to almost everything he said . An seem to come to his rescue when someone say something about the guide. Are you sure you are not related to NICKN in some way? ........... :Thinking:

Never said that, go back and read that post again.

Never said that, go back and read that post again.

Sorry but you have said in the past you have work with NickN sharing different ideas . An that if you come clean to NickN an have a point an proof into what you are telling him he won't argue with you an respect your point once you proof to him what you are telling him . I think that was what i read on one your post in the past.

Mr Leny