Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

FSX on a 1080p short throw projector

I've been looking for a projector screen (on a tripod) without any borders but I haven't managed to find any. Eventually I plan to have three screens so need ones with borders so the image flows better.

Hi DickB, just do a search for D-Box, and you should find it O.K. They are based in Canada; I am here in the U.K. and RC Simulations in Bristol are the importers. Having said all that they are very expensive! When I bought mine they were about £4,000, and I believe now have gone up to around £5,000!!!!!

I guess this has simply to be compared to lets say a 'real' simulator. Cost, anyones guess, but lets say one million (bucks or pounds - dosn't really matter!) So to get somewhere near that level of realism at £5,000 (for the feeling)might seem quite cheap!

Yes, the price tag is about £5000. Which is still a bit high for me. But that seems to be the going market rate for "home" motion platforms right now.

Of course, there's always the lottery . . .

That's exactly what I'm looking to try and do. I think the minimum for that is getting an FMC and MCP.

That's exactly what I'm looking to try and do. I think the minimum for that is getting an FMC and MCP.

yes the only time where i now have to use mouse clicks is to set the autobrake setting RTO 1 2 3 or MAX

i also have the saitek switch panel and radio panel so dialling in the ils or atis is a breeze

ofcourse still have to use mouse to go to airport and other fsx menus on top.

where did you mount the track IR? 

Clayton my set up is similar to yours and I use VRinsight for radios autopilot and have side screens except I don't have a desk at all because Use a lazy boy recliner in front of the screen,  :biggrin:    this way I can fly for 6-10 hrs, feet up and all controls, throttle and stick are on side tables   

sounds like a very good set up, my eye is on this next http://www.737yoke.com/customer.php my wife will kill me if she knows i want to buy more stuff! i just got the projector and my bank balance is over $1000 lighter   

:P

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Have you guys heard of the iDome? It uses a spherical mirror to do 180 degrees with one projector.

An alternative would be to use a fish-eye lens like the Gundam Arcade POD -- this technology has been around for more then 5 years, I don't know what it hasn't been commercialized for home use yet, or I haven't seen any home setups!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWnNtUCngXw

If you want a motion platform, look at CKAS - http://www.ckas.com.au/

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I have the ACE yoke, bought second hand -- its the one reviewed on flaps2approach.com

I don't suggest you deal with Ali, his communication is abysmal. Either buy it second hand, or from a reseller. 

sounds like a very good set up, my eye is on this next http://www.737yoke.com/customer.php my wife will kill me if she knows i want to buy more stuff! i just got the projector and my bank balance is over $1000 lighter   

:P

Not too sure, but you could also try building one yourself 

http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/my-reproduction-of-ckas-2dof-motion-platform-t3862.html

Anyone know prices on this ? I emailed them asking for prices but so far no reply.

They say £5999 on the video I think. Ouch.

Yep, expensive and I do t think the projector is included. Perhaps these pieces could be sent to a manufacturer to fabricate out of plastic?

as anyone tried buttkicker, cheaper alternative? 

i am not interested in curved screens i am quite satisfied with just one projector because i can use opus fsx to get side views which i have programmed with my joystick buttons for immediate change of views, just did another flight and flying through 13,000 feet i could see the cloud layer at 10,000 feet through the descent i was flying i now actually feel i was flying through the clouds while descending, amazing experience. 

as anyone tried buttkicker, cheaper alternative? 

Yes indeed, and I can thoroughly recommend it. Quiet amazing the amount it adds to the experience, particularly on the ground. And great value for money IMO. But it doesn't quite give the feeling of riding on air which the motion platforms do.

there 

Yes indeed, and I can thoroughly recommend it. Quiet amazing the amount it adds to the experience, particularly on the ground. And great value for money IMO. But it doesn't quite give the feeling of riding on air which the motion platforms do.

there is now buttkicker simulation have you tried this? do you feel your climbs and descents with this or is this only good for taxing and when you land / take off?