Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

FSX on a 1080p short throw projector

This is really for the benefit of Clayton4115. You asked me if I could Post some pictures of my Sim., and I explained you would need some fancy wide angle lens etc etc. Last Christmas I had a could of young friends over to fly; gave them a treat; one did the take-off and the other did the landing. Both 11 year old lads were pretty happy to be aloud to do this as you might imagine. Anyway, I had someone doing some videoing for me, not wonderful stuff, but does give you an idea of my set-up.

I have loaded a 6 minute clip on YouTube. It's the first video I have ever uploaded, and don't seem to have a direct link for you. However, I have tried the following which did work. Go to YouTube, and in the search box write 'young visitors to my 737-800 flight deck' That should bring it up; it's a sany0004 clip by Selkan10.

For you information we were on a flight from Bristol to Edinburgh, and are in the decent phase of the flight.

Just a foot note here - still learning how to do certain things. Try copying and Pasting the following in your address bar. Think it will work?

Had no idea that would come up, thought I had just written in 'the address' for the clip. So, there you go!

Very nice sim! you make a good instructor, how come I never new anyone with a 737 sim when I was a kid ...er probably because there was no computers come to think...

ZORAN

Selkan

that is an amazing sim there, that is beyond my reach and budget! Great work on that sim, i am now uploading a video of my very very basic sim (compared to yours) will have it up tomorrow.

watching your video reminds me of this air crash investigations documentary i saw (sad)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroflot_Flight_593

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

The 51" plasma Samsung smart 3d TV 1080 at 1920 by 1080 resolution was $799.99 at Future shop (Canada). With a long HDMI cable, the results are good.

I think that very high resolution projectors would be out of my price range.

Ron

$1000 for a benq w1080st which can project 100" at 1.5 m.

I have a 42" Samsung HDTV, time to step up the game and go with something much much larger.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Thanks for nice comments guys. Yes, wish I had known someone with a flight sim. when I was young. Might have ended up flying the real thing, one never knows!

Hi again Clayton, just wanted to point out that I do actually have all views available to me. On my Pilots yoke I have a number of switches. Two of them are pre-set to 'trim' which helps a great deal in the final landing stage (as per real life). The other eight switches (five per side for each hand) are all pre-set to the other views outside of the plane. I have to admit that I don't use them that often; I've never heard of a Pilot sitting on the wing taking a look around!

lol yes that is true Selkan ! but sometimes i like to pretend i am a passenger !  :P

you got all the good hardware as well, nice touch of realism.

My GF hated my projector sim and actually avoided going near it..really strange behavior until I showed her it surfs the net on the big screen and does DVD's and now I created a monster, cant get her away :-(

ZORAN

i am very happy with my setup, it would be good to have motion but that is something for me to look at in the future.

i was doing my approach into ESSA last night and boy was it a spendid sight, i thought i was in heaven!

I got a quote for CKAS 2DOF motion platform. 6000 aud++

Or £3.5K. That's a much better price than most of the competition. If I was in Oz I would be seriously tempted. But I'm guessing with shipping to UK  and import duty there wouldn't be a lot of difference. 

If I had to spend that much money I rather just learn how to build and get the parts myself.

6000 is not chump change!

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering