Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

777 first beta impressions

I just tried it - it doesn't seem to understand NAT TRACKS. It replaced several unknown airways with DCT.

Best regards,

Robin.

I just tried it - it doesn't seem to understand NAT TRACKS. It replaced several unknown airways with DCT.

Best regards,

Robin.

NAT Tracks change daily, you can't put in the start point and end point and have it know what the waypoints along the way are, you have to put each way point in individually with a DCT.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Hey ,  Just a quick question. 

On a typical TATL flight how many pages are the OFP's you get and what information do they include? Is the load sheet a separate document on top of that or are they all included together?

Question: Do the flaperons and the elevators droop when the hydraulic pumps are turned off?

And Jane, great picture.  :smile:

Hey ,  Just a quick question. 

On a typical TATL flight how many pages are the OFP's you get and what information do they include? Is the load sheet a separate document on top of that or are they all included together?

They can range from 15 pages up to the most I've seen was a 32 page OFP. They'll include the route, weather at all the airports enroute, departure, destination and alternates. They'll also include the NOTAMs that will be effective during the time we'd be passing the airports in question, and all notams for Dep, Dest and Altn. They'll include the NAT information, notes of the ETP, Procedues in event of an Eingine failure during ETOPS, as well as a decompression and a decompression with an engine failure (really bad day at the office.) It'll have fuel figures and any special instructions we may need, as well as if there were important company NOTAMs they'll be included too. Then there's weather maps and charts, data on the wind and fuel figures. I'm probably missing stuff there too...

We don't get our final load sheet till just before push back, but we get a provisional loadsheet in the office before we head out to the plane and this is what we base our fuel figures on, this is the planned cargo and pax loads as we know them 1.5-2 hours before departure. Rarely do they go up, but they can go down if someone doesn't show up, so that's why we don't get the final load sheet till just before we shut the doors for the push.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Thanks Jane for bringing us all this info. I always enjoy your reviews when they are published in Airliner World magazine.

Up until now, being a short/medium haul simmer, mostly in the 737NGX, I hadn't really thought about getting the 777. I wasn't one of those who couldn't wait to get it. Also, with the long development time I thought that maybe the whole world's 777 fleets would have been retired by the time it was actually released! (Sorry Robert - couldn't resist!)

However, it is now clear that this is a fantastic development in airliner simulation and, it seems, a pinnacle has been reached. How much further can they go? It can't get better than this, surely?

So congratulations to Robert and all the PMDG team for a mind blowing achievment.

Iain Smith

Sorry to go off-topic, but is anyone else having problems accessing smart cockpit.com on an iPad? I used to get it fine, now whenever I try to download something I just get a page of funny text appear. I've tried deleting cookies etc but no joy. Works fine from desktop though...l

same here, for a few months now. I thought the site had closed, never bothered checking on my laptop.

edit - oops sorry, it works fine for me now.

Rob Prest

Sorry to go off-topic, but is anyone else having problems accessing smart cockpit.com on an iPad? I used to get it fine, now whenever I try to download something I just get a page of funny text appear. I've tried deleting cookies etc but no joy. Works fine from desktop though...l

Just tried myself. Seems like their is a PDF rendering error that is server based. The PDF flies may be corrupt.

Thanks Jane for bringing us all this info. I always enjoy your reviews when they are published in Airliner World magazine.

Up until now, being a short/medium haul simmer, mostly in the 737NGX, I hadn't really thought about getting the 777. I wasn't one of those who couldn't wait to get it. Also, with the long development time I thought that maybe the whole world's 777 fleets would have been retired by the time it was actually released! (Sorry Robert - couldn't resist!)

However, it is now clear that this is a fantastic development in airliner simulation and, it seems, a pinnacle has been reached. How much further can they go? It can't get better than this, surely?

So congratulations to Robert and all the PMDG team for a mind blowing achievment.

Iain Smith

Hello Iain,

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it!

- Jane Whittaker

Great previews - you're keeping us updated well!

To forum users, I've made some changes to the PMDG Wikipedia page to make it more complete by adding the "in development" section. Do people like the changes or should I adjust/remove them?

Wow, the page got cut to the bone since the last time I saw it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Hey Jane,

Was just wondering something very minor. Have the Sun Blinds been modeled? I see the hooks are modeled but haven't seen any screenshots of blinds.

Cheers,

Tom :)