Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

You have 52K of thrust? I have 220,000 pounds...

Luke I just noticed a problem with your filed plan on vataware.  Looks like you have a VOR near Paraguay coming up. Want me to re-dispatch? :lol:  

Which brings up another question, what is the max range of the plan mode for the ND? I know you can cycle the legs but its nice to get the big picture. 

Most likely a VOR with the same identifier. VATaware uses Simroutes to parse its route maps etc., so most likely it didn't choose the right one causing the massive detour.

Most likely a VOR with the same identifier. VATaware uses Simroutes to parse its route maps etc., so most likely it didn't choose the right one causing the massive detour.

It's just odd because either simroutes or vataware should have flagged that vor in Paraguay as not being on the airway he is flying.  I mean vataware wouldn't flag it, but simroutes definitely should have.  

EDIT:  just thought that maybe it still thought it was using the proper vor on his actual airway.  disregard.  

It's just odd because either simroutes or vataware should have flagged that vor in Paraguay as not being on the airway he is flying.  I mean vataware wouldn't flag it, but simroutes definitely should have.  

Yeah, it should, but it doesn't. I have had the same issue numerous times aswell. It would be nice if there are duplicate entries if it would prompt you (like the FMC, PFPX has a prompt aswell).

Although since he is using a real EK OFP, and they are using one the of best briefing systems in Lido, I am sure he will be able to have a nice peice of Danish bread when he arrives in Kastrup without going on a scenic tour through Paraguay :lol: :P

Which brings up another question, what is the max range of the plan mode for the ND? I know you can cycle the legs but its nice to get the big picture. 

I assume this question was aimed at me: 320nm maximum - same for the compass. 

The problem is obviously with vataware.  It happens to me too.  PS: Have you noticed the changes on the PFPX site?  Oooooo it's soon! 

Yeah I got an email yesterday with my discount saying it's a few days away. So exciting and can finally flight plan within one program. I still may fly some airline specific routes - but majority of the time use PFPX to generate it. 

without going on a scenic tour through Paraguay

Well that nice little tour of Paraguay could let him relax in the new First Class Suites.

within one program

+1

Can we get a shot of an external tail cam type shot while on final or base etc?

I assume this question was aimed at me: 320nm maximum - same for the compass. 

It was aimed to any tester but thanks for the reply  ^_^

In case you have missed it: Aerosoft just released the manual for PFPX. See here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/68662-preview-pfpx-professional-flight-planner-x/page-6

Very interesting surprise on page 8, though: after 1 year, you can buy a "server subscription" in order to continue getting the flightplan-relevant data, that is: METAR, TAF, Accurate Upper Wind Forecast Model, NOTAMs, NATs, PACOTs and AUSOTs. The users at the TOPCATSIM forum don't seem to be too happy about that

bazinga-bee.jpg

In case you have missed it: Aerosoft just released the manual for PFPX. See here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/68662-preview-pfpx-professional-flight-planner-x/page-6

Very interesting surprise on page 8, though: after 1 year, you can buy a "server subscription" in order to continue getting the flightplan-relevant data, that is: METAR, TAF, Accurate Upper Wind Forecast Model, NOTAMs, NATs, PACOTs and AUSOTs. The users at the TOPCATSIM forum don't seem to be too happy about that

It's not so much unhappyniess it's just that it has never been talked about, (actually even Aerosoft did not know more about that) and that there is no information on the price. I'm sure they'll give proper explanation that will ease people's minds.

It's not so much unhappyniess it's just that it has never been talked about, (actually even Aerosoft did not know more about that) and that there is no information on the price. I'm sure they'll give proper explanation that will ease people's minds.

The pricing of PFPX is already set, look: http://www.flightsimsoft.com/pricing/

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

The pricing of PFPX is already set, look: http://www.flightsimsoft.com/pricing/

Yeah but from the manual there is a yearly Subscription after the one coming with the product expires, so that means there is some yearly fee that is not displayed anywhere. There you just have the base product price.

Yeah but from the manual there is a yearly Subscription after the one coming with the product expires, so that means there is some yearly fee that is not displayed anywhere. There you just have the base product price.

ohh, I see.

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER