Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

You have 52K of thrust? I have 220,000 pounds...

Damn....I'm on my way now from Chitose to Taipei at the moment and I saw Emirates Flight 303 (777) on my EFB flight map and I thought it was you Luke.  Was going to give chase, but my 744F is loaded solid :P

Hey is that AJ wearing yellow standing in front of your BA flight?

Chris Sunseri

Was going to give chase, but my 744F is loaded solid

You know the Queen is faster... by .03 mach maybe, but it is :)

I can still swear it was Luke LOL....He crossed under me at FL250 and I was at FL350, so I suppose I could have done a hard left bank & dive and heard the word OVERSPEED for the next few minutes while giving "chase"

Chris Sunseri

Hehe, nah I promise that wasn't me. Walkaround complete- time for the flight deck setup..

So where's G-ZZZA? :wink:

Those textures really look amazing! I'd say they upped the game quite a bit from the NGX again... Us repainters will have to work for our credit!

I'll be landing on 27R with BA451 from Mallorca in about 27 minutes. I'll see you at T5 shame it will be a low res model from WOAI though hahahahaha

Edit even worse fsinn decided to show Luke's 777 as LEARJET! It's a pmdg conspiracy I tell ya!

Whenever I go onboard a 777, one of my favourite stages of the flight is the flight control check. PMDG captured this with so much perfection... 

Here we are stepped up to FL360, which will be crossing altitude today on NAT-G. Just received clearance from Gander and you can see the Mach restriction on the Captain's FMC (.84 at SOMAX). I think I got the majority of BA's options customised here - just not their custom GPWS callouts they use. Greg if you see this, I'll be switching to TRU at SOMAX as per BA SOP's  :P (I think that's correct!)

http://www.vataware.com/flight.cfm?id=12159739

Whenever I go onboard a 777, one of my favourite stages of the flight is the flight control check. PMDG captured this with so much perfection... 

attachicon.gifPMDG_777_Beta_FlightControls.png

Here we are stepped up to FL360, which will be crossing altitude today on NAT-G. Just received clearance from Gander and you can see the Mach restriction on the Captain's FMC (.84 at SOMAX). I think I got the majority of BA's options customised here - just not their custom GPWS callouts they use. Greg if you see this, I'll be switching to TRU at SOMAX as per BA SOP's  :P (I think that's correct!)

attachicon.gifPMDG_777_Beta_DCTSOMAX.png

http://www.vataware.com/flight.cfm?id=12159739

Well there ya go I learn something new everyday...Never knew there was an option to turn of NPS (Navigation Performance Scales) in the T7... I am too caught up in my knowledge with the NG/74'...lol

Nice to see the HDG up in lieu of TRK up aswell on the ND....Sooo many options, setting up a realistic airline profile is definately going to be fun!

Well there ya go I learn something new everyday...Never knew there was an option to turn of NPS (Navigation Performance Scales) in the T7... I am too caught up in my knowledge with the NG/74'...lol

Nice to see the HDG up in lieu of TRK up aswell on the ND....Sooo many options, setting up a realistic airline profile is definately going to be fun!

Yeah BA doesn't actually have NPS in their -200's along with a lot of airlines. I think they may have it in their 300ER's though! Yeah I love using TRK in cruise - lots of nifty features  ^_^

Yeah BA doesn't actually have NPS in their -200's along with a lot of airlines. I think they may have it in their 300ER's though! Yeah I love using TRK in cruise - lots of nifty features  ^_^

Nice and easy to set your HDG bug to your current HDG aswell...Don't have to chase the triangle. Shame the NAT's are quite southerly today, otherwise you could of managed a nice pic of the northern lights :lol:

Happy position reporting!

Nice and easy to set your HDG bug to your current HDG aswell...Don't have to chase the triangle. Shame the NAT's are quite southerly today, otherwise you could of managed a nice pic of the northern lights :lol:

Happy position reporting!

Hehe yeah - quite southerly indeed. Makes a change though! I'm simulating CPDLC - maybe I'll break it during the crossing..  :P

Don`t the triple seven turns the heading to TRUE automatically when you approach the pole or you have to do it manually? Cause Luke said he would change to TRUE at SOMAX.Also what is Navigation Performance Scales?

Don`t the triple seven turns the heading to TRUE automatically when you approach the pole or you have to do it manually? Cause Luke said he would change to TRUE at SOMAX.Also what is Navigation Performance Scales?

Correct! But I'm not near 82N - BA fly NAT's in TRUE and TRK. NPS = RNP/ANP. 

Don`t the triple seven turns the heading to TRUE automatically when you approach the pole or you have to do it manually? Cause Luke said he would change to TRUE at SOMAX.

Yep, according to the manual when entering the polar region it will automatically switch to TRU (annunicated by a white box around the word TRU on the ND).

However Luke isn't in the polar region, hence why he will do it manually.

The north polar region for example is defined by the black 'key-hole' in this diagram. When in this region it will switch automatically;

Y105wSQ.jpg

Also what is Navigation Performance Scales?

NPS are additional readouts/scales on both the ND and PFD.

For example, on the ND, you will see RNP and ANP in green on the bottom of the display. ANP displaying actual navigation performance, RNP displaying required navigation performance. There are also additional scales on the PFD where usually the GS and LOC scales are displayed. NPS are also seen in the NGX so you are probably somewhat familar with them.

Very well explained by James!

Still plodding along at FL360 on NAT Golf using the SLOP procedure.