Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

Any bugs found?

Just wondering if any of the testers have found any errors or bugs so far? As much focus has been given to this plane, I would probably think it's as close to perfection as possible.

To be honest- telling others about what we find is irrelevant to you. Simply because if things are not right they're fixed pretty quick. All I will personally say, is that she's in good shape and these guys have done and still doing an incredible job! (-:

I don´t really wanna know if they found some bugs! It´s not important for us because these bugs are really important just for PMDG so they can fix known bugs. I think that this aircraft is nearly perfect. And if they release this bird this month, we can be sure that we can enjoy this Bird without getting angry about big bugs! 

So the whole point of beta is to catch bugs.

It would make sense that some are found, and that's all I can and will say.

Kyle Rodgers

But we would be curious as to what slipped by the rigorous testing.

if we find a bug it will be fixed, have no doubt about that. There would be no bugs that are reported that are left unfixed. The guys are meticulous in fixing every known item, no matter how small, before release.

- Jane Whittaker

It's wholly unimportant to know what may have gone unnoticed by the development team. If your writing say, 2.5 million lines of code (example) of course theirs a spelling mistake and a punctuation mark in the wrong place. Before you goto print so to speak, you want a fresh pair of eyes to find them so the customer doesn't.

We humans tend to spot the flake of rust which has somehow gotten into the bar of gold. And if given a choice of two bars on a supermarket shelf, one perfect and one with the fleck of rust.. Which would you pick up? Psychologically, as humans we would never be happy with the imperfect one.

Good beta testers will do their utmost to find the flecks, a good developer who is proud of their creation will remove the flecks. Because we are humans and imperfect, not all the flecks will be found, but, any that might remain will be so small or the same colour as the gold that they will be unnoticed by the majority and they will enjoy their gold bar very much.

The service pack will then clean up any left overs to polish off and create perfection. .

This thread is... uh... useless.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

If your writing say, 2.5 million lines of code (example) of course theirs a spelling mistake and a punctuation mark in the wrong place.

haha - punny!

Kyle Rodgers

I think what OP was asking was if there were any found . I don't think he wants to know what they are. I understand the curiosity here. As far as the processes of Beta testing. I noticed that most testers (by looking at the screenies ) are flying with defaults. Is this SOP for the first few flights? did PMDG give the testers a list of things to try first like start minimal and work up to full addons? Do you each have full rein or did PMDG give everyone a "topic". Hey Tester #1 we want you to check non normal procedures, Tester #2 could you check the checklists, Tester #3 you are on weather effects?  Just curious please don't violate any NDA on my part.

Apparently a simple answer was too difficult, just about everyone seems to have chosenthe route of telling me it doesn't matter or that this thread is useless.

If you don't have anything to say, stay out of the thread. I find it disappointing how much the people here at avsim have changed since I joined.

Mods, please lock/and or delete this thread so I don't have to be reminded of what type of people this hobby has become subjected to. Smh.

OH-Kay wow dude relax the thread was just evolving.  Yes there is always that one person who thinks they are holier than thou. But if you lock this then you are agreeing with him.

Apparently a simple answer was too difficult, just about everyone seems to have chosenthe route of telling me it doesn't matter or that this thread is useless.

If you don't have anything to say, stay out of the thread. I find it disappointing how much the people here at avsim have changed since I joined.

Mods, please lock/and or delete this thread so I don't have to be reminded of what type of people this hobby has become subjected to. Smh.

The simple answer is "we're not allowed to talk about it," to be quite honest.  At least we came in to say something.

There are at least three people on the beta team in here who gave you the best answer we can.  Sorry that doesn't live up to your expectations.

Kyle Rodgers

Maybe we just want to know because a small amount of bugs means a quick release...