Sign in to follow this  
klm251

A few more screenies

Ah man I need to fly her at night! I'm thinking some late night BA shuttle runs after I try break her over KPAE (-;

Lovely shots mate!

Thanks Luke mate :)

I just wanted to ask though, have anyone tried it over a polar route? I asked that before but no one answered. Was the flight profile stable? Or was it sharp banks right and left chasing the flipping magenta?

I usually get weird heading changes above 80 degrees north due to an FSX bug, perhaps.

@JaneRachel @klm251

I just wanted to ask though, have anyone tried it over a polar route? I asked that before but no one answered. Was the flight profile stable? Or was it sharp banks right and left chasing the flipping magenta?

I usually get weird heading changes above 80 degrees north due to an FSX bug, perhaps.

@JaneRachel @klm251

Ahmed to answer your question see for your self

[url=http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/Johan_Ketting/media/8-4-20139-34-02PM_zps950359f6.jpg.html]8-4-20139-34-02PM_zps950359f6.jpg[/url

I had no problems with my heading it is flying flawlessly ]

Hah, Johan Ketting! Thanks for sharing a screenshot, now you came with a nice new program for me! =) Aivlasoft EFB System. Anyway, any change for a video? Would be awesome if we can have a 'live' preview with sounds! (start-up, spooling, flap retraction, speedbrake deploy et cetera).

Ahmed to answer your question see for your self

[url=http://s1278.photobu...0359f6.jpg.html]

Thanks for your response. Looks good so far. Apparently you haven't flown above 80degrees north though. I will have to give it a go when it's released. And also going to fly her in lieu of the real ops i could get my hands on, as I'm a 737 guy.

The sunset shot was Fantastic, btw :)

the shot with the setting sun is just fantastic!

That reminded me - I need to change my REX sunset theme! Don't like the current one  :P  :lol:

More likely because of an FSX feature! Magnetic variation gradients are high near the poles and magnetic compasses/magnetic north systems tend not to work very well.

More likely because of an FSX feature! Magnetic variation gradients are high near the poles and magnetic compasses/magnetic north systems tend not to work very well.

Setting your heading mode to TRUE, instead of MAGNETIC, should do the trick.

No need - Boeings switch over automatically and even have hysteresis built in to stop it flip-flopping between the two.

With the 777, switching to TRUE heading is automatic. However, doing so (switching to TRU) with the 747 and the 737 didn't seem to help much, unless I was doing it too late..

Will see for myself when I have the 777 in my hands... Hopefully soon!

You can't change the heading to TRUE in the NGX, though ;-)

You can't change the heading to TRUE in the NGX, though ;-)

It changes automatically if im not mistaken. (memory lapse). I think i meant to say the 747 and the LEVEL-D 767 :)

It does not change automatically either, at least not on the NGX. It's just an option that isn't modelled. Some real world airlines take(buy) the option, most don't because its for a part of the world their planes will never visit.

Contrary to the usual Sim Pilot's attitude "I want every single option in my airplane", airlines go through hours and hours of discussion about which options to buy.(Read this last part as: which parts NOT to spend money on.)

Which is exactly the reason why most private jets have every option you can imagine: their owners don't really care about cost.

The thing about sims is, there is no reason NOT to have all the features.

So... will it fly over the pole properly or not? The question has still yet to be answered. The MD-11 should have been able to but I seem to recall it was never completed, so it will transit the pole, but the autopilot mode for coasting was never modelled (you have to use manual intervention). Also, the map never corrected orientation (it was 180 degrees out IIRC - been a while since I flew over the pole).

Let's hope PMDG get it right second time around, and include the features they didn't cover last time.

Best regards,

Robin.