Sign in to follow this  
HarryCYUL

BLACKBOX Simulation A330, is it Good?

Just my opinion. Don't have the aircraft but we as simmers need to stop buying unfinished products. Lets make the developers actually finish it before releasing it. It causes nothing but headaches. Some people seem to be fine with unfinished stuff but it hurts the community as a whole. How many people got suckered into the Airsimmer Extended Beta? How is that going? CS? Now this. Not making our hobby better.

How about Milviz? They delivered a good 737 product right? I mean yes it is risky to take that path for the customers in some way, but I does not mean in anyway that the practice itself is cheating or something. Dont sound like it is...

I use the Thomas Ruth freeware A330 for tootling round the world. Might not be the most sophisticated of aircraft (no FMC) but I like it. You can add some good engine sounds for free to it as well.

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

May be on your system, I am doing ok with VC in DX10 (though I have the A320, but I think they share same dev techniques so should be the same). The only thing that needs improvement for the "look" in DX10 is the cockpit shadow looks a bit weird

Hopefully this fixes it:

http://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/2013/07/01/jet-shadows/

Steve is working on a DX10 installer.

\Robert Hamlich/

May be on your system, I am doing ok with VC in DX10

No, for some reason you get black squares in the A330. Other users have posted the same. I think the A330 was quickly taped together. In there defense (BBS) I believe a new VC is being developed, and for the A320 as well. And as Robert has mentioned Steve's fix, this problem maybe gone with that.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

At least right now the BBS A330 doesn't seem to fly that well, to me it seems like turns take way too much input. Also a lot of FBW behavior is not modeled (for example you can pull the tick fully back and watch the speed dropping until plane stalls when in real life stall protections would take action to prevent the stall).

For now I will be using Wilco A330.

My reply wasn't aimed at you Julian, looks like we posted at nearly the same time.  My post was for CappinSuruje.

Hi Robert,

I admit im not much of an airbus fan or an expert, but the autopilot on the BBS a330 left me scratching my head. I literally had to dive into the aircraft.cfg file to water down the over aggressive pitch and roll behavior of the autopilot. Again im no expert, but Im almost certain that, in the real aircraft, selecting a higher cost index in the filght computer results in a higher cruise speed. Not so with the current version of the BBS a330.   For 50 bucks, I should not be doing anything with the cfg file and .air file to make her fly smoothly. Another thing was the fuel flow rates - sitting on the ground, engines at idle, and she burns somewhere between 3,000 and 7,000 pounds of fuel per engine. (Cant remember the exact figure.) There were several other nuisances that made me uninstall it completely and go back to waiting for the T7. 

Hi Gidel,

I understand your frustration hopefully these issues will be rectified in the final release, thanks for taking the time to clarify things.  I would imagine the OP has more than enough info to make a decision.  

\Robert Hamlich/

Does make me wonder...people here are buying an Aircraft that they know is not finished, yet complain that it doesn't work properly.

it's like buying a car with no wheels and complaining you can't  go anywhere. :smile:

steve

I am one that recently purchaced the BBS A330 and am quite suprised (for an unfinished product) that it actuately does respond better than I ever thought it would, looks nice, sounds nice, the AP is a bit out there frames are good so hopefully it can only improve with the updates.

Cheers Rod.

Hi Gidel,

I understand your frustration hopefully these issues will be rectified in the final release, thanks for taking the time to clarify things.  I would imagine the OP has more than enough info to make a decision.  

I bought it since i'm looking for a new Bus and I was a huge fan of the FS9 PSS 757.  It's still in beta so the bugs don't bother me much.  So far it looks good and flies from A to B without much issues.  Thank You everyone for all your replies :drinks:

I don't know why you would say that, can you back up your statement?

The aircraft is not complete yet but it is far from unfyable, the sounds alone really impressed me and the VC is far superior to what PSS had offered way back when they were in operation. The BB version outshines anything that any other company has offered.

I do not think you will be disappointed.

I agree. Excellent product and realistic.

In my opinion, it's currently just ok.

But it will get better.  Still, there are just some things about the way BBS (and PSS before them) make add-ons... cheap nasty sounds for switches, no ability to assign keys etc, that spoil things for me.

But I invested in it, and so I'm still downloading each update (I bought the BBS A320 too but have permanently deleted that now; as it's just pointless with the AXE as good as it is).   

Still downloading each version of the BBS A330  -  but almost never fly it.

This product is in it's present state neither excellent nor realistic  as said above.

It is well flyable and has a NICE model  and to some degree it is also ENJOYABLE, but ONLY if you can live with the many FLAWS.

Some examples (latest version V0.66):

- take-off speeds often bizarre (much too large gaps between V1/Vr/V2)

- cockpit is from A320

- cruise speed is from A320 (M0.78 instead of M0.82)

- Light Roll oscillations on cruise 

- Managed descent entirely with 230-240kts  (and the engines spool up):  this is completly unrealistic as on the real one managed descent is done with speeds up to 320 kts at idle thrust

- Cost index (CI) has also no influence on descent speed 

- Before Take-off/Landing memo missing

- Nose up attitude wrong (much too low) in all phases of flight, climb, cruise, approach (was right in V0.65, but is wrong in V0.66)

- Automatic managed speed setting on approach phase wrong 

- Retard call very often missing (always on autoland)

More details here:

https://blackboxsimulation.zendesk.com/entries/23999351-A330-issues-v-0-65-and-v-0-66-

Guy

love the reflections in the VC with P3D DX9, so far so good with the flight model.  The next update will include a new VC I heard on Facebook. :Party: