Sign in to follow this  
asdro

Altitude callouts quality not so good

Hello PMDG team,

I have seen all PMDG 777 Beta test videos and I have noticed that the smart altitude callouts sound strange. The quality is very different compared to the 737.

I could hear that with the callout Plus hundred, 400,300 . It sounds like these callouts were adapted from the 737NGX and the rest are from other recordings.

The callout 400,300 sound like they were recorded from MD80.

You have know that in reality there are different callout recordings of the GPWS sounds...with the same voice!

You can here differences in the DASH8-400, 777, MD80. They use the same voice but the announcements are different. Not much but a trained ear can notice that.

I think they're more realistic in the 777. Better to not judge much until she's in your sim - videos get compressed etc and you'll never get it sounding exactly like how it is in FSX.

I have to agree, the NGX GPWS sounds are not similiar to the real ones aswell (I am a real 737 pilot)

Air morocco?

Moe ELkarout

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Really?

You don't even have the aircraft yet and you're going to criticize it?

[Edited out the rest in an attempt to just keep it to myself for once...]

Kyle Rodgers

[Edited out the rest in an attempt to just keep it to myself for once...]

Yeah pretty pathetic. I have deleted a few posts I started on this. I am wondering if the galley layout is correct? The carpeting doesn't look like a picture i once saw of a plane that might have been a T7.

Richie Walsh

I believe PMDG has access to the real Sound Files Boeing uses on their Boeings. At least they have done some high quality recording at a Level D Sim with complete silence other than the callouts. Taking the GPWS sounds from an youtube video or something like that is a thing of the past!

The difference is probably due to the speaker in the real plane making it sound different than it does from our computer. The location of the speakers also has great influence.

Alexis Mefano

Actually, I have to get something off my chest so that ya'll can see this and understand it.

Firstly, if you don't consider yourself in this group, suffice it to say you can assume this post isn't aimed at you, but you should take a look.

Disclaimer: this is me being me and is not representative of the opinions of PMDG, or any of the rest of the beta team.

[RANT]

As beta testers, we've been called upon to come in and pick this plane apart for the end benefit of everyone who ends up getting the plane.  While we've been given permission to share certain things, that's not our primary task.  Said differently, as much as we've been very willing to go out of our way (in some cases) to meet the requests (gracious as many of them have been) of the people here, it's not what we're here for.  I'll take screenshots because I feel that they'll be appreciated.  Froogle and AJ have created their own videos for your enjoyment as well.

Granted, while this thread isn't critical of someone's work (like the initial Froogle video thread/FB post), it's kinda irritating to see that our work is being misused.  When it comes to screenshots and video, there's something called compression, and until you have the final product, everything is essentially going through a filter.  It's not going to be 100%, because it's not you directly interacting with the product.

So when we post things, and people overreact or draw crazy conclusions, we feel compelled to clarify or explain, which is kinda irritating and draws us away from our other tasks.  We wouldn't want our personal work with the aircraft reflecting poorly on it, after all.

Beyond that, there's some sort of odd irritation in the fact that our very job is to find inaccuracies while directly interacting with the product, and someone is looking at a video one of us created - which is directly in line with the want of the forum to remain in the loop, mind you - trying to point out things we "missed."

Would you really like me staring in your kitchen window through the potentially dirty or foggy glass, looking over your cleaning, saying "you missed a spot?"

I suppose you wouldn't.  As well-intentioned as it may be, it just comes across...well...as irritating.

We're here to make sure the final product comes out awesomely.  It is our intention to do that.  Please let us do that without the commentary or stump the chump games.  And I'm not the one to hold things over people's heads, but think about it: if the things we're creating only draw flak, do you really think we're going to want to continue doing those things?

...and then everyone puts the puzzle pieces together as to why there's an occasional silence in the forum between updates.

For those still not picking up on that:

If all that happens when you post things is that you're defending yourself (or others), chances are that you're not going to be as communicative.  Think about it.  Remember that one friend or coworker who always corrects you, or points out what you're doing wrong.  You gonna hang around that person as much in the future?  Moreover, are you going to volunteer your time to appease them?

Nope.

While I'm not speaking for the rest of the testers, or the team, I felt that it needed to be said.

Now...forgive me while I check the accreditation of YouTube's academics...

[/RANT]

Kyle Rodgers

Hello PMDG team,

I have seen all PMDG 777 Beta test videos and I have noticed that the smart altitude callouts sound strange. The quality is very different compared to the 737.

I could hear that with the callout Plus hundred, 400,300 . It sounds like these callouts were adapted from the 737NGX and the rest are from other recordings.

The callout 400,300 sound like they were recorded from MD80.

You have know that in reality there are different callout recordings of the GPWS sounds...with the same voice!

You can here differences in the DASH8-400, 777, MD80. They use the same voice but the announcements are different. Not much but a trained ear can notice that.

ITS A DIFFERENT PLANE!

*Royal Facepalm*

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Got to love the people that think PMDG can somehow simulate to incredible accuracy the complex systems and simulations of the T7 - yet they can't record a simple sound from the VC, which takes much less work and expertise (I'd imagine a number of microphones set up in the real T7 and then forcing the sound to play via a test of the relevant system followed by some simple editing).

Actually, I have to get something off my chest so that ya'll can see this and understand it.

Firstly, if you don't consider yourself in this group, suffice it to say you can assume this post isn't aimed at you, but you should take a look.

Disclaimer: this is me being me and is not representative of the opinions of PMDG, or any of the rest of the beta team.

[RANT]

As beta testers, we've been called upon to come in and pick this plane apart for the end benefit of everyone who ends up getting the plane.  While we've been given permission to share certain things, that's not our primary task.  Said differently, as much as we've been very willing to go out of our way (in some cases) to meet the requests (gracious as many of them have been) of the people here, it's not what we're here for.  I'll take screenshots because I feel that they'll be appreciated.  Froogle and AJ have created their own videos for your enjoyment as well.

Granted, while this thread isn't critical of someone's work (like the initial Froogle video thread/FB post), it's kinda irritating to see that our work is being misused.  When it comes to screenshots and video, there's something called compression, and until you have the final product, everything is essentially going through a filter.  It's not going to be 100%, because it's not you directly interacting with the product.

So when we post things, and people overreact or draw crazy conclusions, we feel compelled to clarify or explain, which is kinda irritating and draws us away from our other tasks.  We wouldn't want our personal work with the aircraft reflecting poorly on it, after all.

Beyond that, there's some sort of odd irritation in the fact that our very job is to find inaccuracies while directly interacting with the product, and someone is looking at a video one of us created - which is directly in line with the want of the forum to remain in the loop, mind you - trying to point out things we "missed."

Would you really like me staring in your kitchen window through the potentially dirty or foggy glass, looking over your cleaning, saying "you missed a spot?"

I suppose you wouldn't.  As well-intentioned as it may be, it just comes across...well...as irritating.

We're here to make sure the final product comes out awesomely.  It is our intention to do that.  Please let us do that without the commentary or stump the chump games.  And I'm not the one to hold things over people's heads, but think about it: if the things we're creating only draw flak, do you really think we're going to want to continue doing those things?

...and then everyone puts the puzzle pieces together as to why there's an occasional silence in the forum between updates.

For those still not picking up on that:

If all that happens when you post things is that you're defending yourself (or others), chances are that you're not going to be as communicative.  Think about it.  Remember that one friend or coworker who always corrects you, or points out what you're doing wrong.  You gonna hang around that person as much in the future?  Moreover, are you going to volunteer your time to appease them?

Nope.

While I'm not speaking for the rest of the testers, or the team, I felt that it needed to be said.

Now...forgive me while I check the accreditation of YouTube's academics...

[/RANT]

I swear I tend to dislike your replies many times.

Probably because your just straight forward at topics and scold many repliers with your sharp remarks but the last thing you just got off your chest was right on.

You are well educated man which I never doubted in the past. ^_^