Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Help guys...I'm flying online participating in a big event and have an issue with my landing gear

Currently enroute ESSA-EIDW and after t/o I noticed a problem I've never seen before in the NGX...my right hand side main landing gear is still down after retracting the gear 

I have looked through the QRH but couldn't find anthing that seemed to match my problem 100% and looking in the FMC under the failures section it says I have no active failures. I have tried both raising and lowering the gear but problem remains. When I lower the gear the remaining part of the gear does come down but when I then try to raise the gear again the right hand main gear doens't come up.

Any help how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Here are some screenshots

Gear%20failure%20no%20FMC%20indication.J

Gear%20failure%20spot%20view.JPG

Gear%20failure%20cockpit%20view.JPG

Richard Åsberg

Try manually raising the gear? CTRL+G

Just tried that but still same problem...

What I would like to know is how this happened and what caused it since the failures menu in the FMC doesn't report any active failures.

Richard Åsberg

Would service based failures cause this? Can you try to "clear all failures" just to be sure?

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

Already tried clearing all active but that didn't fix the problem. I haven't tried the clear all option because I guess that would reset all counters and I don't to do that. And I do think the clear all active should fix this since this indeed is an active failure I'm having right now...hmm

Richard Åsberg

I am still pretty new to the NGX, but have you verified all of your systems are on?  

Yep...I have no warnings and everything is looking good with all systems on and active. The only indication inside the cockpit I have for this problem is the upper right landing gear light in red as seen in the screenshot above.

Richard Åsberg

Is there another way (PMDG manual) to hand crank that gear up? I am assuming ,because the warning light is on, that it is a controlled (not program error) failure.

All I know is you are so lucky to experience this, how did it turn out?

Yeah, I must admit it does feel pretty cool and real in a scary kind of way...can only imagine how this kind of thing must feel IRL...

Looking at the ETA in the FMC I will be able to tell you at 2054Z so keep your fingers crossed :wink:

Richard Åsberg

QRH 14.12 concerns this issue.

Marc ter Heide

Is there another way (PMDG manual) to hand crank that gear up? I am assuming ,because the warning light is on, that it is a controlled (not program error) failure.

Have tried finding some info in the doc but nothing so far but as you say since a warning light is ON it does seem like a simulated problem rather than a true program error of some kind. If I only could understand how to solve it and why I can't see it anywhere with no active failures etc.

Well...sure will be an interesting landing soon :Nail Biting:

Does your left gear lower and lock?

Yes it does.

QRH 14.12 concerns this issue.

Not exactly as the landing gear lever did (and does) move up only that the lower right gear light is red no matter what I do trying to lowering and raising the gear and also manually raise the gear using CTRL-G like someone suggested but problem remains.

Have to start planning for the approach now, keep your fingers crossed guys!

Richard Åsberg

Ah okay, could try manual gear extension (14.16)?

Marc ter Heide

Procedures outlined Page 320 of the manual Section 14:12 - 14.16

Relayed message: All equipment out, running and standing by. Good Luck!

Please advise earliest as AVSIM  B)  duty Control room staff so quiet can hear pin drop, no one breathing except occasional gasp