Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Help guys...I'm flying online participating in a big event and have an issue with my landing gear

Ok, nailed it. Vatsim ticked in Opus, causes the gear to stay down.

I have Emergency NGX as well,  and on this test, I did not use it.

Now I remember reading on this forum, many moons ago, that FSinn with Vatsim weather enabled, causes the landing gear to malfunction.

I cannot be 100% on this, but the test I have just done with Vatsim weather unticked, fixed it for me.

Edit: I always new it would happen, as about 50ft off the ground, i would get a wing down a bit like severe wind shear, even though no there was no wind shear. Then fs2 crew co pilot call for posititive rate would be delayed a few more seconds than normal, then select gear up and would get 2 green and 2 red indications on the gear. End of flight.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Very interesting and good to hear you fixed your issue but I'm not sure it's the same issue I've seen and experienced because I don't use Opus nor Vatsim weather in FSInn.

Also, if it was a specific setting somewhere causing this I would experience this on every flight but I've only seen it maybe 3-4 times totally and only on this last flight did the red and green lights for the right hand side landing gear remain on after gear retraction. The other times I've seen this I haven't got any indications at all anything is wrong until touch down when the right hand side landing gear gets buried into the ground.

Richard Åsberg

I only get it on the -700 as I said. Let me know how you get on Richard, after PMDG have looked at the issue for you.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Will do!

I've only seen this in the 800WL version since I do all my flying in that model.

Richard Åsberg

Richard, seems I jumped the gun, it looks like FS2Crew. All tests without using FS2Crew (Button) have been fine. Soon as I use fs2Crew, the gear won't raise. But works fine on the -800.

Just a few days ago, I re installed FSX, and problem is still there. There is only so many times you can re install FS2 Crew, so maybe you should drop a note to Bryan, as well as PMDG.

I have had this problem for a while, so have been using the -800 for most of my flights.

One thing I have not tried, is to delete the Livery ini file, in case it is corrupted.

Richard, I know you are still waiting for PMDG ticket, but just wanted to let you know that I have fixed my gear problem by deleting my livery ini and creating a new one.

Ok, but if you see this on every flight using FS2Crew it doesn't appear to be the same problem because I've only seen this as already mentioned on a couple of flights out of hundreds of flights. So in that regard it's not really a big issue, only thought it would have been interesting to know what's causing it.

I created a PMDG support ticket and I also already asked Bryan about this but so far no clear answer what's the culprit when this happens and I got confirmed by PMDG they wanted to model this but wasn't able to due to FSX limitations so don't ask me how I and the others who have seen this managed to make it happen :wink:

Richard, I know you are still waiting for PMDG ticket, but just wanted to let you know that I have fixed my gear problem by deleting my livery ini and creating a new one.

Ok, that's great and I guess I could try doing the same thing but since I so rarely see this problem and never knows when it will happen it will be very hard not to say impossible for me to tell if it actually solved the problem.

Richard Åsberg

Having both lights lit is indicating that potentially the gear is down and not locked which could lead to gear collapse, a not infrequent emergency stand-by at airports.

Supposedly, a green means locked, regardless of other indications.

Matt Cee

Well, in this particular case when the gear lever was down I had three green lights just as normal and still the right hand side of the main landing gear collapsed at touchdown and despite performing a very gentle landing.

When the gear lever was in its up or off position I had both a green and red light for the right hand side landing gear as seen in the screenshot.

I stand corrected Matt, its indicating a lever/gear disagreement.

Yeah, and that seems 100% correct in this case with the right hand side landing gear remaining in an extended position despite the gear lever being in its up or off position.

So...that means the logic in the NGX is totally correct only that no one seems to understand why this happens in the first place including PMDG... very interesting failure this!

Richard Åsberg

Really?

So what you're saying is that FSUIPC caused my right hand side landing gear not retract with the gear lights remaining ON as seen in the screenshots?

I do have trouble believing that FSUIPC is to blame here, is there somewhere I could read about this or why do you think reinstalling FSUIPC would solve this?

Me too.

Really?

So what you're saying is that FSUIPC caused my right hand side landing gear not retract with the gear lights remaining ON as seen in the screenshots?

I do have trouble believing that FSUIPC is to blame here, is there somewhere I could read about this or why do you think reinstalling FSUIPC would solve this?

Richard,

Quick question: 

Any other programs (non operating systems) might have been running in back ground? Any maintenance scheduled for then?

Kind regards,

No, I don't think so. I keep my FSX computer very clean and I have no scheduled stuff, I do everything manually to have full control.

Richard Åsberg

This exact same thing happened to me as well 4 or 5 months ago. I was in a -700

I can't remember if it was the left or right gear that wouldn't raise, but upon landing at PANC, one of the mains "collapsed" and the aircraft veered off the runway into the grass and FSX sort of glitched out and the plane flipped over belly up.

The only add-on that I use for FSX is AS2012 and the NGX. Everything else is stock except for a few of the popular cfg tweaks.

The only other thing that I could come up with is that maybe it had something to do with the fact that I wasn't reloading a fresh aircraft state when I would start a new flight. I would land at an airport, save the flight, come back the next day, load the saved flight and continue to the next airport. This particular flight was several saves into the journey. After I crashed, I reloaded the save and took off again. That time all three gear retracted fine...

Nick Schmid

Hey Nick!

Maybe this could be the culprit because I always use the same situation (my previous flight) since I like keeping it as real as possible and always start at the location and in the state where I last left the a/c.

However since I've only seen this problem maybe 3-4 times out of several hundred flights I think I'll take my chances.

Richard Åsberg

Is this the recommended way to load the aircraft though? I seem to recall someone saying that it wasn't recommended for flight after flight.

I like flying this way too, like you said, it's the most realistic.