Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

Beta Notes- London, Stansted- Single Engine Performance

At this point, I guess they're either just winging it, or using something like simbrief for the fuel consumption figures.

In terms of calculating the speeds, the NGX can calculate those by itself, so I imagine the 777 will do no less.

Very nice read and very excited! I will be failing both engines just to get the RAT out ;)

Already tried it - APU comes on too! Unfortunately we ended up in a German field.

Already tried it - APU comes on too! Unfortunately we ended up in a German field.

:LMAO:

Anyway, brilliant! Can't wait to see the electronic checklist in action!

Why is the aircraft side-slipping in the last shot?

Are you able to disengage a single AT channel, and does only one throttle move after that has been done?

Great post! Nice to see the aircraft in daylight for a change, too!

Best regards,

Robin.

as I was busier than an organist in the midst of the Tocata and Fuge in D Minor.

Always preferred G Minor

(Sarcasm :biggrin:  Thanks for the great post! )

how did you actually end up? haha I am excited to see the mess  :ph34r:

Moe ELkarout

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

06:07 PM

I wonder if those N1 figures are consistent. I'd expect them a bit higher ( by windmill ) ? You were low ( 2500' in the 1st shot ) and at 180 KIAS...

Sorry for insisting, but the N1 (windmill) values all accross the various shots, seem low to me (?)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AviTABs...

If I may ask, why?

I don't have any experience with the GE90, but if you fly a CFM56 at 4000ft at 180kts, you should get about 10-15 N1. I think you'd get quite a bit less with the GE90, since it's a lot heavier to keep those big engines turning.

Mass is not everything. You forget the aerodynamics involved in windmilling in the first place.

Big engine (and thus larger mass), but also a bigger fan, and (much!) larger area exposed to the airflow. It's all relative.

In fact, a doubling of diameter results in quadrupling the area (square term).

Best regards,

Robin.

I think we should really be seeing higher N1 figures ... But then again, I'm a glider pilot only :wacko:

It's 180 knots @ 2500' only - high density alt., etc...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AviTABs...

Hello Carl,  Nice to read a post which makes sense and gives valuable info. As an aside, I see you are located in Tampa and wondered what the fascination for EGSS was. Regards, Richard Welsh.