Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

I asked some questions to Nick

His tribal forum games remarks are spot on though.

Guest ecg

I can see your point, but I can assure you that I have no agenda, no more than peoples praising FTXG, I would not say that they have an agenda because of that.

Have you bought and installed FTXG?

You claim no agenda but every post you make screams AGENDA! The comments at the site mentioned earlier in this thread are nothing but - AGENDA!

You get banned and come right back posting the same dreck to a forum for a company you have ISSUES with - AGENDA!

You take it on yourself to go to Nick's site to post because no one else will - AGENDA!

This is not about GEX, FTXG, NICKN,  - its about Alain and Orbx(JV).

No matter what you may claim or disclaim your posts come across as someone who has an AGENDA!

The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks.

Come on now, did you have to read it, somebody else may think that this might be informative.

Informative. Exactly!

- FTXG does more than just changing the ground textures of your sim. It changes your sim, that is core files of your FSX installation. This perception doesn't seem very widespread to me.

- Currently there is no uninstaller available for FTXG. A product digging so deep into your FSX must be considered WIP until the uninstaller is out. (BTW, I expect ORBX to get this done rather soon.)

I'd like to hear about the progress the uninstaller is making and about the issues that will be resolved by it.

And I don't want Alain to be banned again for keeping us ("me") in the loop.

It took me quite some time (too much time) to find out what FTXG changes in FSX. And I'd think I needed a good deal of an 'agenda' to finally get it. (I think I got it just after Alain's ban here on AVSIM.)

An agenda of  "ask(ing) hard questions and ask(ing) for explanations on ALL the good or the bad (if bad there is) of any products one may think of buying or already bought".

I trust that this discussion will remain civil - and I trust there will be no reason for AVSIM staff either to lock this thread or to ban any members.   B)

well we all know that this guy( who is back) and nick have phobia,s about P3d and know Orbx,I have always felt that Avsim was a brilliant place for knowledge and information and enthusiasm ,but the two or three people who constantly knock the same products is highly  suspicious to me ,why all the negativity  ,they are boring  basically spouting the same drivel over and over ,I want to improve my flying exp and my knowledge  ,and for approx £80 i have improved it beyond any thing I believed possible in FSX ,I will let nick and the man who is back into my secret -1 £30 = P3d = stable 30 FPS   2 £50 = Orbx global  just brill to me all I need in a sim ,simply put who is bothered about these negative people THEY ULTIMATELY BRING NOTHING TO THE TABLE

peter

Is this the five minute argument or the full half hour?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Guest ecg

Is this the five minute argument or the full half hour?

Full half hour, please.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Oh boy, do I love this hobby. You buy an addon and get all this fun for free with it!

I don't agree with the use of the word AGENDA. Too often and too quickly someone has an AGENDA. You have one (strong) opinion and suddenly you have an AGENDA... while you just have one (strong) opinion...!

I like FTXG... does that mean I now have a pro-Orbx AGENDA?

I said NickN was wrong when he posted the FTXG installer doesn't backup core files... does that mean I now have a anti-NickN AGENDA?

Of course not. If the next Orbx addon I buy sucks big time I will say so and if NickN next bible actually tells the truth I will tell so too. ( :P) I think this also goes for Alain: he simply calls a spade a spade (he actually was the man from whom I learned that expression ^_^ ).

Please stop using the word AGENDA too soon: it's a showstopper for any discussion.

Oops, I forgot to react to the link Alain posted.

Well, what can I say... NickN denies that he changed his post into something different and goes on to say what 'the facts' are. Well, those 'facts' are NOT the same 'facts' as he initially posted them. He shifted the focus. Why else would he have put his FTXG-uninstall guide on hold and post an addendum and a few updates SHORTLY after it was posted (amongst others on Avsim" don't know if it was posted anywhere else) that he was wrong when he said the core files weren't backupped during the install of FTXG? He HAD to do something after he found that out.

I was hoping he was man enough to acknowledge he made a mistake but no... instead he blames it on 'us' and a language barrier.

Ah, well, never mind, this is a total waste of energy... ^_^ I'm done with it. It was fun for a while but now it's getting utterly boring.

All this crazy psycho babble makes me dizzy. All I know is that FTX Global is a game changer. That's all that matters to me. Well, that and the new Premier League season.

All this crazy psycho babble makes me dizzy. All I know is that FTX Global is a game changer. That's all that matters to me. Well, that and the new Premier League season.

yay Liverpool won and Arsenal lost badly, doesn't get much better!

Lee

.....Oh yes it does Lee...change the shape of the ball   :lol:

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Just did a flight from KMIA to KTPA.

Nice textures and the swamps finally don't look like purple throw up. I thought about all the drama over the uninstaller exactly zero times.

I don't agree with the use of the word AGENDA.

Maybe not all the time but in this case I'd be suspicious.

He's worked with Nick before. Nick and GEX do not support P3D. Alain is constantly trolling the P3D forum arguing EULA's and discourging it's use. Likewise he's constantly trolling Orbx, a top competitor of GEX.

Put it all together and it spells agenda to me.