Sign in to follow this  

Norway! UPDATED

He, he, it was so simple... I had to guess your (logical) move. :)

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

He, he, it was so simple... I had to guess your (logical) move. :) Thanks a lot!

The link still doen't open properly.

Visit: http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/norway.html

Download Airports of Norway v3.5 then just copy ENHF, ENHV, ENSS, ENSR from the Scenery folder to Airports of Norway. That's what I did.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I would like to ask about the dedicated Norway mesh. Do I need it even though I have FS Global?

It all depends if you want better mesh(elevation) definition or not.  It has nothing to do with FTX Global(I assume that's what you mean).  They can work together or separate.  FTX Global is just textures.  Mesh defines the number of elevation points in a given area.  I would recommend it though, that's for sure.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

No, I mean the payware mesh Fs Global 2008, not the texture set by Orbx.

Sorry.  I've seen FTX Global spelled in so many ways that I just automatically think when anyone says global they mean that.  Anyway, I have no answer for you then as I don't have FS Global.  You obviously only need one or the other though and not both.  As to which one is better, you're going to have to hope someone else who has it can answer with their comparison.  Or, just try for yourself and compare.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Hey Kris,

Thanks for the link, seems new to me... Can you tell if BOTH airports and photoscenery posted on Polystack are compatible with AoN - don't want to waste my traffic before downloading them if not. :)

Thanks again!!!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Hey Kris,

Thanks for the link, seems new to me... Can you tell if BOTH airports and photoscenery posted on Polystack are compatible with AoN - don't want to waste my traffic before downloading them if not. :)

Thanks again!!!

They are.. They are made in cooperation with AoN.

Thanks, that was helpful.

Cheers! ;)

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Regards,

Victor Quebec

There is a beta-version of the new Norway Mesh X available.

The skydrive-link given above here is not valid at the moment as Microsoft has seen fit to block my account for the time being...

The mesh is now available from here:

http://goo.gl/yKF3UB

This new mesh is 10m mesh compiled from some new free data from the norewgian authorities :)

Be aware that there are still some bugs along the norwegian border to neighboring countries. There is also pretty steep slopes around some of Andrew's (Loke) Airports of Norway.

Bjørn Helge Småvollan

Hi guys,

A few words while the net is working, in a storm outside China, ugh.

I finally was able to read the whole thread, and have a few comments regarding AoN, ENBR, ENZV, ENVA.

ENVA:

This payware scenery is a bit faulty. The heading of the runway is wrong, a CVX (landclass) file does not fit to NSX II (which IS correct), and there is the returning problem of crazy flattening after uninstall.

To fix the coastlines, do not remove any NSX II files. Rather, remove a CVX file from Aerosoft ENVA\Scenery. You will have to find out which one yourselves, as I have not used AS ENVA for years. Regarding the ENVA flatten file that stays after uninstall, you will find the bugger in FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery. The file name is self-explanatory, something related to Værnes, Trondheim me thinks (my poor synapses cannot remember everything) :-p

ENBR:

Thank you for listing the files to remove if using Cloud9 ENBR. I'll put that into a separate ENBR readme. But really, Cloud9 is very outdated. AoN ENBR is fully up to date, and the taxiways layout is totally different to Cloud9.

ENZV:

You will find a link to a separate photo in my readmes. I'm home before christmas, and then I will start on a AoN photo for this airport. I cannot promise anything. The data is sharp (20cm/pixel), but the colours are terrible. Hard to fix in Photoshop, but I will stubbornly try, again and again, until I'm happy - hopefully.

AoN:

The recent version is 3.51. It needs both Photopack1 and Photopack2. Photopack2 adds ENBO\ENSH, and updates ENKB (overwrite the photo from pack1 with the photo from pack2).

If memory serves, there is a small bug in AoN 3.51. I forgot an unfinished gmax terminal for ENRY (working on a new photo there). The fix is to remove ryterm1.bgl from AoN\Scenery.

I cannot promise you an installer. But now as ENBR and ENBO\ENSH is finally merged with AoN, I may collect it all into one zip. If servers can take it that is. Or maybe split it up into three archive files. Time will tell. This is not high priority, because I am preparing to move to Prepar3Dv2. So after finishing ENRY and ENZV, I will freeze AoN and just work on Norway Bridges, while exploring P3D.

Cheers guys, and thank you all for the feedback.

• Upvote 3