Sign in to follow this  

Norway! UPDATED

Thank You very much for Your reply Ray!

I was just asking because - at least so far - i have not read about any issues regarding the DX10-fix installed and this great Norway package here, so i was just wondering.

The more though i really appreciate Your reply here.

Becasue i am also very much looking forwrad to install this superb scenery on my PC and as i use the DX10-fix and really like what it offers, it'd be very sad to not enjoy it all then fully!

So again: Thank You very much for Your reply!

Cheers, Christoph

FWIW I use AoN and photpack in dx10 with Steves dx10 fixer app - no issues at all - it's just beautiful!

Mas

Andrew,

First thanks for all your work and also the other scenery makers for the Noway Scenery it looks very good. :biggrin:

A question,is it correct or not correct,i don't have yellow lines on the runway of ENBR,all other airports have yellow lines on the runways.

Or have i something mixed up. :unsure:

Jan.

Anyone using "SCANSIM - FLY TO EKCH COPENHAGEN" with Norway scenery? Any known compatibility issues?

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Anyone using "SCANSIM - FLY TO EKCH COPENHAGEN" with Norway scenery? Any known compatibility issues?

Yes.  I have it and use this Norway scenery.  No issues at all.  The Norway stuff here has nothing to do with that area(Denmark) AFAIK.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Beware of an issue with Scansim EKCH:

It makes your MS fuel truks become yellow buses, inn ALL airports, if you do not pay attention when installing. You can fix this later by checking your Simobjects folder - cannot remember the details, but it is easy to figure out. Also, if you have an AI package, WOAI or UT II, get rid of the EKCH AI files.

DX10: I always make shure I do not use something DX10 uses. I skip DX10 all over, and are ready for transfer to DX11/P3D2.

F70:

New policy in Norway. Larger airports will be white (ENBR already is RL), medium airports (those keeping our country together, rwy length 1000 to approx 2000 meters), will still be yellow. I am not going to do a custom runway before there is a decent tool to do this. The old nightmare gmax are NOT the tool to do such, just a waste of time.

Astrosammy:

Lucky you! Actually I love bridges so much, I'm going to testdrive this new bridge personally. When the Fedafjorden Bridge was finished, I climbed down a terribly long and terribly steep hill to take some pics. I think those people in cars on the bridge wondered what that crazy figure on top of the tunnel, going straight into the mountain was doing :-p

Yes, lucky us.  Nice bridges add so much to scenery packages.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Here's a new "Sarumanbridge" for you: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E0121E64DC8923CA!105

Just put it in Norske Broer\Scenery, and overwrite. I have remodeled the top of the towers. You will also find AoN 3.51a there, plus Photopack2. Those are still in development, so I will not upload it here, before Photopack2 has grown bigger. 

The Bodø/Svolvær (separate package) is now merged with AoN. Photpack2 adds ENBO, ENSH, and updates ENKB. Remember to disable the separate ENBO or Bodo or Bodo1 in FSX, and delete the folder.

ENHF, ENHV, ENSR, ENSS is no longer part of AoN. I am leaving those airports to a friend.

PS: All the night textures are way better now, and there's a subtle improvement at ENSH (pic 1) :-p

sh1copy_zps994f2bc1.jpg

sh2copy_zps872b6abd.jpg

kb3copy_zps6eb100d5.jpg

kb2copy_zpsf1a267e4.jpg

n3copy_zpsc557d987.jpg

n1copy_zps160e3092.jpg

• Upvote 1

Andrew, thanks for your continuing work for Norway, I have visited almost every airport in AoN 3.4 and I love them all!

A small request: if it is possible, once AoN 3.5 and Photopack 2 are finished, to leave them on the skydrive as it gives much better download speeds than flightsim.com?

Here's a new "Sarumanbridge" for you: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E0121E64DC8923CA!105

Just put it in Norske Broer\Scenery, and overwrite. I have remodeled the top of the towers. You will also find AoN 3.51a there, plus Photopack2. Those are still in development, so I will not upload it here, before Photopack2 has grown bigger. 

The Bodø/Svolvær (separate package) is now merged with AoN. Photpack2 adds ENBO, ENSH, and updates ENKB. Remember to disable the separate ENBO or Bodo or Bodo1 in FSX, and delete the folder.

ENHF, ENHV, ENSR, ENSS is no longer part of AoN. I am leaving those airports to a friend.

PS: All the night textures are way better now, and there's a subtle improvement at ENSH (pic 1) :-p

sh1copy_zps994f2bc1.jpg

sh2copy_zps872b6abd.jpg

kb3copy_zps6eb100d5.jpg

kb2copy_zpsf1a267e4.jpg

n3copy_zpsc557d987.jpg

n1copy_zps160e3092.jpg

Thank you so much for your continued updates. This is an excellent package.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Well, JV released the latest roadmap for Orbx, and Norway is nowhere on there. I think it's up to Loke now unless it was just an oversight on JV's part. There are some posts on the Orbx forum asking him to clarify, but no response yet.

Wow, those screens really look impressive. Thanks again for your work and attitude on keeping this stuff free and current. :smile:

I'm about to say something I never thought I'd say:

This free Norway Package is just as good as any ORBX region that I have and I have all of them.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yes Jose agreed!  We greatly appreciate the time and effort of those involved in these scenery packages, I know from first hand experience the amount of effort that is required.

I am enjoying flying around Iceland which up until recently wasn't even on my radar.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I'll add my thanks too, Loke!!! I absolutely love your scenery and flying around in your country. I'd love to visit it in real life some day as it looks really BEAUTIFUL there!!! Thanks again so much for all your time and effort into making this for all of us to enjoy!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024