Sign in to follow this  

Norway! UPDATED

Fishing boats are moored in harbour. Here's the shot from updated ENHK with FTX Global textures. I placed every bluddy building by hand, so now I enjoy a Larsen cognac :-p

Wow! That looks great, and the cognac is well deserved. What program did you use to place the buildings?

Still not a typical Norwegian fishing boat though :) If you know a good 3D modeller I'll be willing to pay him to make some custom freeware model library for Norway.

EDIT: Just did a testflight from Hasvik-Alta! WOW! Even better than it looked on the screenshot. Just lacked a few "commercial" buildings, then this would be the best airport surroundings I've seen for Norway, ever!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

This Norway scenery has nearly reached Orbx-quality. Many thanks to all designers who are involved!

There is something I'm missing: on my many flights I never met a boat of the famous Hurtigruten line.

I think that should be a standard in future.

Greetings

Dieter

Which Oslo photosceney do you use or recommend?  B)

Thanks again

Use Loke's freeware photoscenery that is meant to be used with his Airports of Norway AFCADs. I prefer that combo to the payware Oslo from Aerosoft. It's more accurate, the performance is far far better and it doesn't really look that much worse either. It's a really good freeware scenery imo

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Yup. Had no time so far, to test this very interesting DK package myself, as I now am too busy adjusting many of my airports to a new, upcoming 10m mesh (the data was just announced free for all to use by NO government).

Regarding the new mesh, check the shots here. I think I till now have made approx. 50 new sloped flattens to cope with new mesh data, ugh :-P. And for the first time, freeware scenery has ENZV north as it should be, with a little help of a "dirty tricked" MS molo.

cn2_lod12_zps86296a65.jpg

cn1_lod12_zps80f03bb4.jpg

br_lod12_zpsb3384d24.jpg

zv_lod12_zpsbc1520a4.jpg

PS:

There is a nice Oslo Photoscenery (Oslo City) at Simmarket. No 3D, just all flat. I purchased it anyway, as I am born in Oslo. I use it for slewing around when I have friends on visit, not to fly in. Some stuff is worth the price if you occasionally use FSX as just a 3D map. I do that quite a lot. Because no official stuff does it better!

• Upvote 1

There is a nice Oslo Photoscenery (Oslo City) at Simmarket. No 3D, just all flat. I purchased it anyway, as I am born in Oslo. I use it for slewing around when I have friends on visit, not to fly in. Some stuff is worth the price if you occasionally use FSX as just a 3D map. I do that quite a lot. Because no official stuff does it better!

I saw that scenery at Simmarket but not being from Norway, I didn't know how accurate it was for flying. I'll just continue to use with Norway package.

Thanks

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

It is very accurate, as long as you treat it as a map. Me, I love to have it on my HDD as just that...a map. I switch it off for flying, on for fun :-)

Let me say this again:

I buy photosceneries quite often, not to use them for flying, but as a very decent 3D map. FSX finally got WGS84, and used correctly, it is the best 3D map you can get. That way FSX is both your 3D map and your simulator.

WOW    :Hypnotized:             (No - not World Of Warcraft).

I am deeply impressed.

Thanks for the information about (planned) works on Hurtigruten ships.

Yes, Henrik Nielsen is a very talented ship desígner. I've got many of his ships included in my FSX installation.

Greetings

Dieter

Yup. Had no time so far, to test this very interesting DK package myself, as I now am too busy adjusting many of my airports to a new, upcoming 10m mesh (the data was just announced free for all to use by NO government).

Regarding the new mesh, check the shots here. I think I till now have made approx. 50 new sloped flattens to cope with new mesh data, ugh :-P. And for the first time, freeware scenery has ENZV north as it should be, with a little help of a "dirty tricked" MS molo.

Looking great! Can't wait to see what that new mesh does to the mountains of Lofoten, or Sunnmørsalpene, for that matter. I think we'll just have to do Norway ourselves. Seems that Sim720 is doing Norway South for ORBX, and their Scotland and England packages have been mixed bags - not all bad, but it feels different in quality than ORBX NA somehow). Also, ORBX seem to plan a Scandinavian package next, which will include Norway North, but that could be years away...  

I wouldn't be surprised if a freeware Norway cold be just as good with ORBX Global landclass textures as base. All we're really missing is road vectors (Your Airports + NSX II + 10m Mesh takes care of the rest in a stunning fashion). Landclass can be done in time (with some photoreal in between) if a few of us pull our heads together and work on different areas.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Could you update AoN and AoN Ground with the updated airports?

I simply love your scenery and Norway and Wideroe and Norwegian Air Shuttle and so on! ;-)

Thanks for your work!!!

When the new 10m mesh is out, I will upload a small zip containing new flattens for ENCN, ENZV, ENHD, ENBR. Also a small zip with new autogen buildings for ENCN and ENHD.

I just found out that FTX Norway South will be the LAST thing Sim720 will develop for Orbx... After that they won't make regions or anything else for Orbx anymore and Orbx isn't planning on doing Northern Norway itself right away. John V: "The rest of Norway is still up in the air. We have to  honour our contract with them (EDIT Sim720) of course, so I chose NOS over the Netherlands since it's a nicer place to fly, but as far as the rest of Norway goes, we may tackle it as part of a broader Scandinavia product which gives better value ..."

So that team probably isn't too motivated anymore to make the best of it: apparently Orbx wasn't satisfied with their work. Which leaves us with one region that might not be the quality we expect and the rest of Norway maybe perhaps later on in the future also not in the detailed quality we know of Orbx...

In short: keep on working on Norway, guys!!! It seems we may have to rely on your great freeware for quite some time (if not forever), specially when it comes to Northern Norway...!

Must say that I'm very happy with the current freeware. I don't know if a payware region would enhance the sim that much. Maybe the business plan from Orbx sort of reflects that? Our reluctance. :O ^_^

Still, nice thing to be able to explore Norway for that little money. Big thumbs up. This actually made me jump to a lot of northern regions offering some freeware. Faroe Islands and Greenland come to my mind. Pretty interesting stuff for all kind of planes and flying styles. :smile: