Sign in to follow this  

Norway! UPDATED

I just asked the dev if there will be another download option soon and if not, if I am allowed to post the pack using an online service that doesn't need a password. Stay tuned.

many thanks ,sounds good  :good:

many thanks ,sounds good  :good:

Well, not TOO good... Andrew, the dev, posted this (I am copying his reply here with his permission):

I cannot let my files stay everywhere. It is my decision they should be maximum two places, and this is also the deal I made with the vendor when I purchased the ENGM and ENCN geotiffs.

But I have just managed to get SBuilder up and running. But can not upload a new AoN 3.5 with the alternative LC files that MUST be there, because of the tragic default LC.

I am at work for the next 3 weeks, and people take for granted the net is ok out here. It is not. It is very slow, very expensive, and often, not there at all. And I can not upload. So you may have to wait 3-4 weeks, worst-case.

I can not allow any temporary solutions. SkyDrive already is one.

And people just have to accept I'm "off the grid" half the year.

So I guess you simply have to create an account for MS in order to get the files. Not too big a deal, I think: registering is free and they won't spam you or anything. Is IS worth it! (BTW May I ask why exactly some of you don't like to create an account there...?)

Well, not TOO good... Andrew, the dev, posted this (I am copying his reply here with his permission):

So I guess you simply have to create an account for MS in order to get the files. Not too big a deal, I think: registering is free and they won't spam you or anything. Is IS worth it! (BTW May I ask why exactly some of you don't like to create an account there...?)

here a account,there a account i don't like too much from this

nevertheless i like the scenery very much so i have to register

many thanks Jeroen

I have 3.5 from the first rollout and I understand there have been a few updates.

Am I right when I think I can DL everything again and just unpack all the files into each related directory? And, there was a few files that could be deleted also?

Cheers,

23.png

Am I right when I think I can DL everything again and just unpack all the files into each related directory? And, there was a few files that could be deleted also?

The deletion of files had to do with a previous update where you could either download the photoreal pack again OR either delete some files from the FIRST release of that photoreal pack. However, the latest update as posted in post #33 above by Mas needs you to simply download AoN and the Photoreal pack from the OP again (the links haven't changed but the content has). You can then replace the scenery you have installed with the content of the new downloads (replace, not add).

Hi guys,

I managed to login, but connection is wobbly. Dammit I decided to be a sailor, but I ain't crying, just stating a fact.

I too hate too many logins. I have two A4 pages with the crap. But a few places one must accept. So I think you should make yourselves a SkyDrive account, as I will use it for afcad updates. That way you will get them FAST.

Here is some important info for you:

With FTX Global, the landclass texture "wooded tundra" looks beautiful. With FSX default textures, it looks like vomit. So those of you using default textures, please delete the following files from Airports of Norway/Scenery:

CVX_Alta.bgl

CVX_Hasvik.bgl

CVX_Båtsfjord.bgl

CVX_Stokka.bgl

CVX_Bronnoy.bgl.

That way you will be back to beauty.

Jeroen: Thx for helping!

Cheers,

Andrew

• Upvote 2

Hi  All,

I am greatly enjoying all the Norwegian sceneries I have installed!

A really great freeware pack!

However, I am unable to download the AoN_Photopack1.

SkyDrive is asking me for login data which I don't know.

No problem with AoN 3.5 and Norkse Broer

Thanks for your help and best regards

Ernst

SkyDrive is asking me for login data which I don't know.

You have to login in with your OWN account (Hotmail, Live). If you don't have an account, you can easily make one.

Hi Jeroen,

Always tried to avoid MS accounts...

Made one - downloading AoN_Photopack - OK

Thanks for your help

Ernst

Always tried to avoid MS accounts...

Made one - downloading AoN_Photopack - OK

Well, imho this freeware scenery is even worth an MS account... ^_^

Guys when I go to the link to get AoN 3.5 off of SkyDrive....I can see the zip file and click download...and it won't download...I get this error:

NNTTP/1.1 200 OK.  I have no idea what it means and why I can't download.

Any ideas?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Hm, sorry, I've got no idea. I just tested it myself and the download started without a problem. Maybe it's a temporary problem on your side...? One of those 'try again tomorrow' things...?

I wish Jeroen, I tried Firefox and Windows Explorer and both give me the same error.  The error says cannot download this file.  Invalid http server reply.

I just don't get why this would be given that I am in the correct place, I have no idea what server is being used  - I just click on the file and it asks to save and I try to save and I get the error.

Frustrating.

I am logged into Skydrive as well.

Near CAM3

Can I ask when you download is it using a "save as" feature of windows or are you using something like download manager?

Near CAM3