Sign in to follow this  
fsxflyer

2D Cockpit.?

I get email alerts from the PMDG forums. I read the OP and if I don't want to reply I just hit the delete button

If that's how you do it great, but for me, maybe I'm ADD or something.  I need to clear all the blue dots and stars before I can close the browser.  Call me crazy! 

Im one of the 2-D guys that was thinking the 737NGX would be my last PMDG-aircraft since I couldn't imagine to fly in VC ...

Well, here I am, waiting for the 777 and not been using the 2-D panel in the 737NGX for long time, BUT, still think it's very handy to have the overhead on 2D, used on a second monitor, and would have apreciated even a pedestal in 2D for the same reason. Especially when taxing around and in final stage of landing I think it's good to be able to just have a quick look on the overhaed (or the pedestal) and still be able to keep an eye on what is happening with the plane. 

Regarding the frames in 2D versus VC, Im running my 7373NGX on a very modest computer and I must say that I do not noticed any impact on the frames.

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

BUT, still think it's very handy to have the overhead on 2D

I know you want a second monitor, but have you thought about looking in to EZdok?  I quick key command or joystick button can switch you through any view you could possibly want in the 3D cockpit.  

It sounds like with the panels we get, we won't get an overhead.  Seriously, try out EZdok.  

Yes, I'm using Ezdok (which is a great product), and I will survive without the 2D-overhead. I just start to practise to use the VC even for the overhead in the 737NGX in preparation for the T7  :rolleyes:

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

I think it has a 2D panel, except for the main panel. And perhaps overhead and pedestal. They are maybe not available, too :ph34r:

Regards, always three greens and happy landings,

Max

Aerospace Engineer and Private Pilot
TriStarbanner_zpsefe0294f.jpg
Flightdiary

Hello, I know it's probably been asked before, but is there gonna be a 2D cockpit on the 777.? I know most of you simmers will probably not want it, and I do agree the VC on the 777 look immensely good.! But for me, when using the 2D cockpit I get better frames.

Thanks

Nathan Green

if you think it has been asked before then why not search on the topic before posting?

Lawrence Hamilton

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own3_378x68.png

Hi

A 2D overhead would be super to move it to my overhead monitor!!

Thanks

Peter

There is no 2D overhead.

I explained which 2D panels will be included already.

Not sure why there is still speculation on this.

There will be no 2D-Panel, eod.

Not correct

There is no 2D overhead.

I explained which 2D panels will be included already.

Not sure why there is still speculation on this.

Correct!

They are still discussing because they just jump into a thread reading only the title, then skip all other answers (including your correct one) and start writing stuff.

In the process they confuse the OP with contradicting info, but I dont think they care, cause all they want to do is post!

Rob Robson

Hi

And how about Cockpit builders using the new PMDG 777, how can they distribute the Cockpit instruments over several monitors? 

Thanks
Peter

Hi

And how about Cockpit builders using the new PMDG 777, how can they distribute the Cockpit instruments over several monitors? 

Thanks
Peter

Use EZdok, Then you can make 2D views of every aspect of the cockpit you wish. But of course you can't have multiple panels open at once this way.

Hi

Thanks

Peter

You can undock a 2D PFD, ND, Engine/EICAS display and I assume the checklist display (lower center display) as well.

You can then move these 2D panels to any monitor you want.

The MCP and FMC are 2D as well and it should be able to for instance move them to a touch screen monitor :-)

There are no overhead or Pedestal 2D panels.

Rob Robson