Sign in to follow this  
fsxflyer

2D Cockpit.?

Especially when taxing around and in final stage of landing I think it's good to be able to just have a quick look on the overhaed (or the pedestal) and still be able to keep an eye on what is happening with the plane. 

If you're looking at the overhead or pedestal on final you're doing it wrong.  :P

Hi

And how about Cockpit builders using the new PMDG 777, how can they distribute the Cockpit instruments over several monitors? 

Thanks

Peter

All of the LCD displays are undockable.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

@ Tabs, Not sure about the T7, but in the 737NGX part of the landing checklist is to check the "Engine Start Switches". Also the position of the flaps/spoilers are there, but for sure can be confirmed by other indicators.  B)

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

but in the 737NGX part of the landing checklist is to check the "Engine Start Switches".

I thought that would be done before approaching the FAF/IAF.

Also the position of the flaps/spoilers are there, but for sure can be confirmed by other indicators.

Why would you look up at the flap/slat indicator on the overhead panel when there is a flap/slat gauge on the center panel?

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Kyle, I don't get it...

Merry go round...

It runs around in a circle forever, and ever, and ever, and ever.

...just like the 2D discussion.

Kyle Rodgers

Not sure about the T7, but in the 737NGX part of the landing checklist is to check the "Engine Start Switches"

They stay in NORM for the duration of the flight. START is only used to start an engine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Use the VC the only 2D pop up I use is the FMC. And like Ryan said being configured before final helps with not worring about the overhead or pedestal panels anyways. The 2d panel argument is getting very old.

Undocking 2D panels is fine but your sim has to be in VC and no way to undock forward view and move to a separate monitor and that kills it for many home cockpits...How much effort would it have been to do a simple 2D cockpit so the panels could have been undock in 2d mode along with forward view. 

percylee

Can't believe this discussion keeps coming up... A virtual cockpit is very nice to fly with... just have to get use to it...  :P

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Can't believe this discussion keeps coming up... A virtual cockpit is very nice to fly with... just have to get use to it... :P

I agree....but only for those who use only ONE monitor.

Fur multiple monitor use, opening a VC window on each monitor is not an option as each one cuts frame rate in half (about).

2D is a must for multimonitor use on one PC.

The only other option is networking multiple PCs (exspensive).

What I do also agree about is that discussing the lack of certain 2D panels is pointless.

The descission has been made by PMDG to only give us:

2D PFD

2D ND

2D MCP

2D CDU

2D radios (I think)

Nothing will change their decission.

The overhead panel on the 777 is a pretty much set it and forget it panel.

You only need is for pre flight (no switching required before or after engine start as all systems are automatic) and post flight with a few exceptions, such as:

-seat belt switch

-landing light switches

-engine anti ice switches (mainly on ground as they are usually left in Auto in flight)

-fuel pump switches (turning empty tanks off)

-for non normal operations (shutting down things as per checklist)

It still sounds like quite a bit, but really it is not.

The most switching takes place on the 737 before and after engine start/shutdown.

On the 777 this (electrics/air/ etc) is all automatic.

So although I agree that a 2D panel would have been nice, I dont think it will be missed too much (by most of us)

Rob Robson