Sign in to follow this  
Speedbird ATC

PMDG MD 11 Autoland

k, I did EVERYTHING the tutorial said, and instead of autolanding, the ******* autoland JUST CRASHES THE PLANE FLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:  two hours of my life gone forever! P.S PMDG should update the tutorial as gate 212 is nomore at more recent scenerys like uk2000 :wink:

Would have been a lot better if you just asked for some advice, instead of stomping on your toys.

The MD11 is a very realistic tri jet that does not fly like a Boeing. It takes more than one tutorial flight to master the dynamics of this aircraft.

Take a breather, then try again. if you need help, there are plenty of MD11 pilots on the PMDG forum who can help you through your familiarization.

But if you post like this, and title your posts like this one, your on your own Pal.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Try and adapt the tutorial to the latest airports if you can. Also read the MD11 manuals which should give you an idea how the systems work.

When I first learned to fly the MD, I had to stop thinking Boeing. I also purchased the hard copy manuals, like the QRH, and FCOMM. Found them invaluable.

Once you master the plane, I can guarantee, you will enjoy it. It is a wonderful masterpiece, in real life as well.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Well, unmad yourself. PMDG has always been the cream of the crop when it comes to this hobby. Take a breather, relax and do some touch n goes or taxi backs with this beast. Its a bit of a learning curve but it's well worth it.

Reik Namreg

I have two thoughts on this:

1. Many before you have successfully auto-landed the airplane. It is possible. Perhaps your scenario didn't meet one of several criteria required for this very advanced operation. If the tutorial doesn't work, read up on it in the manual. Also, watch YouTube clips of people performing auto-landings. You get to learn from others whereas if a real pilot had just installed an MD11 into a runway they might not be so lucky. You'll get it!

2. Are those two hours of your life really wasted? You got to power-up, program, start, taxi, takeoff, climb, and manage cruise in an incredibly advanced airplane all the way down to zero feet on the RA. All you really missed were cleanup, taxi, and shutdown. When people say that they've wasted time on a crashed flight I always question it. Just because it wasn't logged doesn't mean you didn't learn and enjoy the remainder of the experience. 

I'm not writing this to be harsh, crashes suck, but maybe now you can view your future issues with a little more of a positive attitude eh? 

Regards,

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

Been flying MD-11 since it was released. I did follow tutorials a couple times. I never had a crash with it. It is a very nice airplane to fly.. :) Give it some time and you will enjoy it too...

And one thing is once u learn it's procedure you won't forget it for quite a lot of time..

1y329d.jpg

My first post in this thread, I might have sounded a bit harsh, sorry about that. Just wanted to convince you to stick at it

Must have autolanded the PMDG MD-11 thirty or so times, it flares and lands beautifully........ (unless the operator has done something wrong). :smile:

+1 on the totally uncalled for anger and slanting the product, in the OP.   It's clear you were doing something wrong, as the bird autolands like an Eagle coming in after a flight of prey over the Serengeti....   :wink:

Its a very nice Aircraft to hand fly and performs as expected. It is also the most FPS friendly aircraft I have flown and the FMC is one of the best designs even today...

The innovations that were made during its design days were revolutionary during the time..

sorry, I was just mad for some reason

I edited the topic to tone it down somewhat.  Hope you are able to get it figured out. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Must have autolanded the PMDG MD-11 thirty or so times, it flares and lands beautifully.

+++1 Ditto. Could not agree more with you, Dave. Have more hours in this than any other aircraft and never once since following the Tutorial way back in FS2004 to the tee had any autoland issues.

Hi, everyone,

I don't own this plane, so a question that might help out the O.P.: Does autosave work and preserve the whole aircraft state (for example at beginning of approach)?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Yes, AutoSave by FSUIPC works flawlessly, and OP needs to go back to the drawing board.

Although I mostly enjoy landing her manually, I have made the odd 50 CATIII autolandings without a hitch, some of then in pretty strong crosswind too.

Amazing aircraft in rw and an amazing simulation from PMDG.

23.png