Sign in to follow this  
NunTsuKao

How to take off and land a real NG in one month....belgium TV

Neither did I!!

Amazing video, gave me serious shivers!!

Thanks for posting this!

That was awesome, thanks for the link, make we want to fire up the NGX for sure

Rich Sennett

Do realize that Tom (= the guy that flew the plane) only trained certain specific aspects of the flight. He was accompanied by the (chief) instructor and another back up pilot.

Nevertheless he did it. But don't get the wrong impression that one would become ATP licensed pilot (which he is not) after 1 month. It was because of the flight instructor he was allowed to "train" on the real aircaft therfore not braking any ICAO rules.

I'm curious as to what would have happened if something happened on take-off or landing like an engine failure, bird strike, blown tire, or something else. I guess the Captain would take over at that point?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I'm curious as to what would have happened if something happened on take-off or landing like an engine failure, bird strike, blown tire, or something else. I guess the Captain would take over at that point?

In the video itself we see the training/instructor captain take over controls on the first landing attempt due to the aircraft being too high, fast, nose-high to continue. we see the captain call go around and actually fly the missed, then they start talking about too much flare or similar.

That is pretty gutsy. Does the guy have ANY flight experience at all apart from this? Not a secret PPL holder?

Best regards,

Robin.

No think he has done all his flying in fsx in the ngx before hand  :Thinking:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

He had no prior experience in airplanes, at all.

There were many extra hours on the clock by pilots and people in the offices alike. In the end we were very happy to see it aired the way it was.

That is pretty gutsy. Does the guy have ANY flight experience at all apart from this? Not a secret PPL holder?

Best regards,

Robin.

Yes he had..well that is too say he had  time to train on single engine prop and doing a solo flight.

Then they went off to the jet where he had to study again and pass the exam. Although the exam was for the instructor to know what Tom understood and how he was picking things up, and not for a certificate/license. Although the exam was a official one he did pass.

If he would have failed any of those the instructor would have called the whole thing off

But like previous posts noted it was the instructor who still did intervene and handled things further. Tom learned only a few basics (well if landing and T/O can be considered as basic) . That was why there was a 3rd pilot onboard.

But nevertheless from never having flown, solo on single engine, multicrew basics and T/O + landing (himself) one can only say: he did it.