Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

The TDS B787, So Far

Thanks edetroit for this, i will test it tonight SBGL-SCEL. This works also with the GEnx if i rename your RR.air file?

Thanks.

7800X3D / 7900XTX / ROG STRIX B650-A / Corsair Vengeance 32GB 6000mhz, etc etc.

Kevin,

Is the POSKY 777 Panel, or its parts, available for Download? Sounds like a great option to get the Autobrakes to work!

Ed - Thanks for your FDE; I'll wait for your answer to Paul, 'cause I have the GenX too.

Aliens_borg_assimilation_faces_zps5460df

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Is the POSKY 777 Panel, or its parts, available for Download? Sounds like a great option to get the Autobrakes to work!

The Boeing 777 autobrakes panel is available in the POSKY archives if you Google POSKY archives.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Outstanding, Kevin! Now, time to read the Flight Manual... as you suggested!

Thank you once again...

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Thanks edetroit for this, i will test it tonight SBGL-SCEL. This works also with the GEnx if i rename your RR.air file?

Thanks.

Hello Paul,

I just had a look at the GEnx aircraft cfg. You can use the same aircraft cfg as I uploaded just copy the [Weight_and_balance], [General Engine Data] and [TurbineEngineData] sections across from your GEnx cfg

(these are the only bits that are different)

Use the GE airfile 

Ed, many thanks for this. I can't wait to see a contrail or two in the fog!

... if you Google POSKY archives
Wow that is an excellent resource, thanks for the pointer.

I just received a nasty-gram message from one of the contributors to this thread.  In essence, it seems to state that since this aircraft is "FREE" (his emphasis), I don't have a right to state my opinion unless I offer some insight as to how I can make it mo' betta (my words).

Well, I apologize since I wasn't aware that being freeware meant that one's simple observation and opinion couldn't be stated in the forum.

I really hope that someone got out the wrong side of the bed ....... rather than be so narrow minded.  Seems like there's a lot of that going around these days.

I'll be "good" and not bother you anymore regarding this topic.

I'll save you the time ......."good riddance, gwillmot!  Troll somewhere else!"

I just received a nasty-gram message from one of the contributors to this thread.  In essence, it seems to state that since this aircraft is "FREE" (his emphasis), I don't have a right to state my opinion unless I offer some insight as to how I can make it mo' betta (my words).

Well, I apologize since I wasn't aware that being freeware meant that one's simple observation and opinion couldn't be stated in the forum.

I really hope that someone got out the wrong side of the bed ....... rather than be so narrow minded.  Seems like there's a lot of that going around these days.

I'll be "good" and not bother you anymore regarding this topic.

I'll save you the time ......."good riddance, gwillmot!  Troll somewhere else!"

Had to resort to passing notes in class, huh? C'mon, guys... :rolleyes:

We have a constructive conversation going on here; probably one that's exchanged more useful information about this airplane than anywhere else in the FS world, including that Facebook page! (Man, do I NOT like that place...)

Don't believe me? Look at all the other 'big' FS sites... see anyone else talking about this bird?

If you have a problem with the airplane, just spit it out. Yes, say what you think is wrong. PaulM did. Maybe someone has a fix that could do some good, like edetroit, Kevin and WingZ have posted. Add to the conversation... don't p*&% and moan.

There's no need to make this thread just like all the others that tend to go South, and make it a personal battlefield for one or two who don't want to play in the sandbox with the rest of us!

It's simple... if you don't have anything constructive to add or say, then

BITE YER FRACKIN' TONGUE!

Borg_zps5faa8d8e.png  :mad:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Right... where were we?

So I took Ed's contrail mod and plugged it into the modified (as per link in post#1) panel.

• In the [Window00] section of panel.cfg  added
    gauge99=Tds788!Tdsvortex, 140,80,140,80
  • In the Tds788 subfolder added
    Tdsvortex.xml  
  • Copied the effects to the Effects main folder
  • In the [smokesystem] section of aircraft.cfg added
    smoke.0 = 0.000,  -33.0,   0.000000,    TDS787_flap

- and it all works as advertised!

At the appropriate speed (<180kts) and full flap, there she comes, stays streaming all the way down, and pops off at touchdown.

Luvly stuff, thanks Ed!

Now the weird part is, making a small clip to demonstrate this, the contrail suddenly curves up when I start FRAPS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JDLbb3yim4&feature=youtu.be

It's a display thing I suspect.

Effects actually are quite prissy I find: in the fx file I changed an Emitter rate to something Not Allowed, and the sim spat the dummy at startup!

Still not sure about the GSV issue, some are plane-specific, some airport specific.

AES is so beautifully made, you can't ignore it when available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEhbh5FUBOw&feature=youtu.be

But the refuelling truck for example, belongs to the plane.

So you'll end up using a mix 'n match. 

Barry Minister did a raft of very nice repaints, glad to see some custom GSV appearing:

kvdz.jpg

WingZ,

Thanks for the 411 on the wing vortices! Man, that looks so cool on landing; just like the real thing!

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I downloaded this plane some weeks back but have only just got round to flying it. It's quite a pleasure. I've downloaded a couple of dozen repaints and also Ed's interim fixes too - will install them tomorrow.

I have a couple of problems though:

I have installed the panel from 'fs2004_tds_b787_panel_project.zip', which is pretty good. However the one major glitch I have at the moment is that the autothrottle isn't working properly. It engages OK but then every five minutes or so, the IAS value suddenly flips to '000' and, unless one is there to correct it, the plane obviously falls out of the sky. Anyone else have this problem? I don't know if it's the a/c, the panel., or the result of the two together. Seems OK in descent, but in ascent and cruise, not. I am setting IAS realistically (though even if I weren't I don't see why that should cause this: I'd just get an overspeed warning)...

For now, I have to fly the whole flight with the throttles. Anyone else had a similar problem?

The other is that, if I make any alterations at all to the panel.cfg (I like to have FDSFX and Pushback panels there, so have simply added them, as I have done a hundred times before with other a/c), reloading either the flight or the plane causes FS9 to crash. I have the util and debug windows just as per the pdf manual. Again, ideas on this welcome!!

Thanks

Martin

OK, this was my fault (of course). The panel CDU (Bendix King - nice programme) seems to need to have the IAS speeds at each waypoint entered manually.. then things are fine. The manual says that the airspeeds will be calculated when I press Calc Vnav then EXEC, but they are not in my setup (probably, once again, my mistake, though I don't see what I am not doing as yet). I have cruise altitude set OK...

Obvious when you look at it, but I am the world's least observant person (and I am more used to CDUs from PSS & PMDG, where this isn't necessary!).