Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

FPS. What FPS do you get?

Yes I have read the entire thread.

I'm in the same boat as the others terms of 777 performing worse than NGX and other ac I own.

Locked at 30 with the 1/2 vsync gives me smooth in every scenario with every other ac including ngx.

777 due to frame loss is stuttering away, more worse on the ground than in the air to be honest - i don't know but seems to be something happening whilst it's on the ground because once in the air it's rather smooth :S - I notice another thread mentioning sound so I wonder if a sound file is related or something?

Anyway my cfg is tweak free bar highmemfix and fiber. Also have the ND and PFD to 15 but isn't helping much, if at all.

Ryan Taylor

Hmm its pretty much the first time tonight i try with locked fps inside FSX (40fps) during my test in YMML and the smoothness on ground is not that smooth even with the fps in 30-40 fps. Thats strange. Have you the same experience with unlocked?

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I've a GTX 680 4GB with a 3770K (if you look at my specs) and I have like 20 FPS on default airports. Definitely its my com lagging. Its doing that to my other sims like Euro Truck Simulator and OMSI or even X plane also. Upgrading to SSD soon.

I had an issue with my display port that would make my Catalyst reduce refresh and screenresolution without notifying me. The result was almost a half in frames overnight. I first found out what to do after a total reinstall that i could try change the screen resolution back and forward to force drivers to re engage and frames was back up. So not saying you have issues but its worth trying. those fps you have is very low for that system

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

In Froogle's case, he did a little better just using the couple tweaks.

I noticed that Froogle only used highmemfix1, wideviewaspect=true, and turned off buffer pools. He didn't mention anything about affinity mask though. Do you know if Ryan recommends using affinity mask or not? (either with 4 or 6 core CPUs)

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

Do you know if Ryan recommends using affinity mask or not?

No idea.

Honestly, everyone's FSX.cfg is going to have its own variations, depending on their respective hardware.

Kyle Rodgers

My frame rates inside the VC for the 777 are around 15-17 FPS. Outside is lowest at 20 FPS to highest at 30 FPS which isn't surprising if you look at my specs page on my profile. I seriously have to cop on....

Sovled! Got my gtx 770 today load up the nvidia inspector follow the setting and bloom ! 35fps solid frame 

That's what I'm talking about! FSX it's not 100% tied to CPU you need a good GPU to render clouds and scenery. Once this 2 meets you will have a perfect FSX with no problems!! 

Have fun with your new GPU and your new FSX!!!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

nvidiainspector helps with the graphics too. It take some burden off the cpu and let the gpu to the bad boy stuff instead.

VSYNC TWEAK – WINDOWED MODE
[GRAPHICS]
ForceWindowedVsync=1

2) create a batch file containing:

@echo off
start “” “E:\FSX\FSX.exe” (insert here the link to your FSX.exe)
net stop uxsms
net start uxsms
and run it. FSX is going to start, Aero is going to get started after FSX, and voila…

Will this work with 1/2 refresh rate and fps 30? 

Don't use V-Sync 1/2. Use only lock 30FPS in Inspector and in your FSX. Use Ryan config for inspector, it's the best, works for me very good! http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

I have a question. I see some users use Nvidia driver 326.41, the official one is 320.9, do you think I should switch to 326.41, is it any good?? 

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

Thx! I will use it as soon as I get home! 

Regards, Albert Miu

Hi, fellow 777 captains,

I get 60 fps external view, 30-35 fps Cockpit view, no freezes, no stutters, no nothing, just smooth operation (and the well-known FSX issue of the PFD/MFD display freezes when out of range of a control tower can be rectified by switching to the next cockpit view with *A* and returning to the previous one with *SHIFT*+*A*).

Please find enclosed my system details plus the settings which seem to work best on my system (which does not mean that they will work on yours.. any hints on what might work better still are appreciated, but this does a decent job already) :

Hardware = ASUS P7P55D QuadCore, 8 GB RAM, nVidia GTX570 graphics (driver version 311.06), TerraTec Aureon 5.1 PCI Sound (ASUS on-board high definition Sound disabled in BIOS)

OS = Win7/64bit

FSX.cfg: HIGHMEMFIX=1, Usepools=1, RejectThreshold=262144, Poolsize=2097152

FSX settings scenery resolution 19m, scenery detail 1m, water low 2.x, cloud range 80 nm, traffic (air/road/boats etc) 10%, scenery complexity very dense, autogen normal

nVidia Inspector Settings: AA 8xS, Anisotropic user-defined/off, anisotropic filtering 16x, neg LOD bias CLAMP, framerate limiter 60 fps, VSync force ON

To sum up: performance similar to 737NGX and significantly more stable than MD11. Very well done.

Sigmar Stadlmeier

I think i may have done it. Did a flight yesterday from default RJAA to default OTBD. 30fps locked all the way with rex tutures and AS2012. Pretty decent flight! enjoyed it! Will try fly into some heavy add ons airport also and see. I followed kostas and use bojete's tweak also.

Thanks again for all your help. Any more issues i will report back.

Cheers

Swadeep

Guest Mik75

I got my 777 today and after a few short test flights I can say, that the performance on my system (i5 3570K, GTX 670, 16 GB CL9 RAM, Win 7 64 bit, all on SSD) is noticeably worse than with the NGX. With the same settings and with real weather (FSGRW), I get 23-27 fps in the NGX, sitting on EDDK 32R, ready to go and in the same situation, the 777 shows 15-18 fps. Still flyable and enjoyable, but miles away from "even better than the NGX".