Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

FPS. What FPS do you get?

Yes I have read the entire thread.

I'm in the same boat as the others terms of 777 performing worse than NGX and other ac I own.

Locked at 30 with the 1/2 vsync gives me smooth in every scenario with every other ac including ngx.

777 due to frame loss is stuttering away, more worse on the ground than in the air to be honest - i don't know but seems to be something happening whilst it's on the ground because once in the air it's rather smooth :S  - I notice another thread mentioning sound so I wonder if a sound file is related or something?

Anyway my cfg is tweak free bar highmemfix and fiber. Also have the ND and PFD to 15 but isn't helping much, if at all.

Ryan Taylor

Have you chaps read the entire thread? And set your ND and PFD to 15 refresh rate?

Also try NO tweaks in the cfg at all. Except HIGHMEMFIX.

I use a minimum of tweaks that my tests have shown work.

That's pretty much just BP=0

Do you mean just use 2 tweaks which is highmemefix and bufferpool?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Yes I have read the entire thread.

I'm in the same boat as the others terms of 777 performing worse than NGX and other ac I own.

Locked at 30 with the 1/2 vsync gives me smooth in every scenario with every other ac including ngx.

777 due to frame loss is stuttering away, more worse on the ground than in the air to be honest - i don't know but seems to be something happening whilst it's on the ground because once in the air it's rather smooth :S - I notice another thread mentioning sound so I wonder if a sound file is related or something?

Anyway my cfg is tweak free bar highmemfix and fiber. Also have the ND and PFD to 15 but isn't helping much, if at all.

Ryan Taylor

Yes I know what you mean. I am in same situation as you. Setting 15 I didn't see any difference to be Honest. Been tweaking more and will test flight in 1 2 days. If any good news (I pray there is) will report back

Do you mean just use 2 tweaks which is highmemefix and bufferpool?

What I mean is... sometimes when we get obsessed with tweaks we cerate a rod for our own back. We introduce variables that muddy the waters.

When tuning for performance, my first step is to try a clean CFG. That means deleting the old one, and allowing FSX to build a new one.

HIGHMEMFIX isn't a tweak. It's a bug fix. Microsoft forgot to include it, so feel free to enter it into the CFG.

Do try first, with no other tweaks at all.

First, set a sensible anti-aliasing setting. Too high and you will hammer performance. Set it at a level that reduces jaggies and shimmers to a level that you find just about acceptable. DON'T GO CRAZY.

Now adjust sliders from the bottom up, until you achieve the degree of eye candy that you find just about acceptable. DON'T GO CRAZY. Switch off known frame rate killers like bloom, shadows etc.

Check your frame rate at an airport with the detail level applicable to the airports you normally fly into.

Now, if you have a graphics card with sufficient memory, try the BP=O tweak. Check frame rate before and after the cfg entry. Make sure you check the frame rate in a heavy weather scenario. I use FSX grey and rainy scenario. I find BP=0 increases frame rate in a heavy weather scenario, but not so much in clear weather.

The only tweaks I use are HIGHMFIX because it's a bug fix. BP=0. And I used to use AF=12.

Don't use any tweak unless your own tests show it makes a difference.

When you are happy with your tweaks and performance, and your frame rates are high, feel free to experiment with higher sliders and AA.

For me, I hate and detest low frame rate, anything below 30-35 and I get very annoyed. My sliders and AA therefore reflect this preference.

Whatever you do...

Don't fall into this common trap, the mind-set where you think, "oh my god, my system is powerful, bloody awesome, therefore I MUST be bale to set sliders high."

It's a common error. Start from the bottom and work up. You might be surprised by what you can achieve. Keep it simple.

Already done all of that ^ and runs perfect with ngx, aerosoft airbus x extended, majestic dash 8, milviz 737, a2a c172 etc with ftx global.

All run perfectly smooth but 777 seems not to... On the ground being worse then when airborne? Even approach is smoother than when on the ground hrm

Already done all of that ^ and runs perfect with ngx, aerosoft airbus x extended, majestic dash 8, milviz 737, a2a c172 etc with ftx global.

All run perfectly smooth but 777 seems not to... On the ground being worse then when airborne? Even approach is smoother than when on the ground hrm

lol i opposite. On air i got bad frame rate compared to ground. Becoz of the weather. No matter how i tried i cant get the smooth weather.

I used 2046 texture in cfg. Rex i used non hd clouds. Cloud in fsx is low or medium no difference. Cloud draw is at 90nm

My spec is listed at MY PC

Even at maximum clouds my ngx run better 

What I mean is... sometimes when we get obsessed with tweaks we cerate a rod for our own back. We introduce variables that muddy the waters.

When tuning for performance, my first step is to try a clean CFG. That means deleting the old one, and allowing FSX to build a new one.

HIGHMEMFIX isn't a tweak. It's a bug fix. Microsoft forgot to include it, so feel free to enter it into the CFG.

Do try first, with no other tweaks at all.

First, set a sensible anti-aliasing setting. Too high and you will hammer performance. Set it at a level that reduces jaggies and shimmers to a level that you find just about acceptable. DON'T GO CRAZY.

Now adjust sliders from the bottom up, until you achieve the degree of eye candy that you find just about acceptable. DON'T GO CRAZY. Switch off known frame rate killers like bloom, shadows etc.

Check your frame rate at an airport with the detail level applicable to the airports you normally fly into.

Now, if you have a graphics card with sufficient memory, try the BP=O tweak. Check frame rate before and after the cfg entry. Make sure you check the frame rate in a heavy weather scenario. I use FSX grey and rainy scenario. I find BP=0 increases frame rate in a heavy weather scenario, but not so much in clear weather.

The only tweaks I use are HIGHMFIX because it's a bug fix. BP=0. And I used to use AF=12.

Don't use any tweak unless your own tests show it makes a difference.

When you are happy with your tweaks and performance, and your frame rates are high, feel free to experiment with higher sliders and AA.

For me, I hate and detest low frame rate, anything below 30-35 and I get very annoyed. My sliders and AA therefore reflect this preference.

Whatever you do...

Don't fall into this common trap, the mind-set where you think, "oh my god, my system is powerful, bloody awesome, therefore I MUST be bale to set sliders high."

It's a common error. Start from the bottom and work up. You might be surprised by what you can achieve. Keep it simple.

Fair enough. What you say do make sense and I agree with you. I guess the main issue people are talking about is why 777 isn't more performance friendly than the NGX. I understand that most people who finds the 777 performance worst than the ngx is just amazed at why it is happening when their ngx runs smooth before anyway and their add ons.

But yes as you said at this point I will try your way also and i am sure others will too. Let's hope this works out for everyone somehow and soon. As i said in couple of days or over the weekend I will report back with my findings.

Thank You for you help

Cheers

I get about 15 FPS at ORBX YBBN.  :( I've applied every tweak but it never nudges above 15-16 FPS. I got 10 in the NGX. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Have you chaps read the entire thread? And set your ND and PFD to 15 refresh rate?

Also try NO tweaks in the cfg at all. Except HIGHMEMFIX.

I use a minimum of tweaks that my tests have shown work.

That's pretty much just BP=0

Yes, I've read this entire thread and tried everything - including setting the refresh rate to 15 and / or 8. I've even lowered the resolution of the textures of the VC of the 777, but that didn't do much for performance. 

I'm not a noob to performance tweaking, as I've been at it for a very long time now. Even before the T7 came out, I always just used the HIGHMEMFIX, Widescreen and also the BP=0 tweak, yet with the T7 I can't get locked to 30 (with v-sync). I've found a temporary solution until service packs are out and have simply set the frame rate to UNLIMITED, which seems to be giving me smooth results.

I've just been spoilt by the NGX and Aerosoft's A320.

Yes, I've read this entire thread and tried everything - including setting the refresh rate to 15 and / or 8. I've even lowered the resolution of the textures of the VC of the 777, but that didn't do much for performance.

I'm not a noob to performance tweaking, as I've been at it for a very long time now. Even before the T7 came out, I always just used the HIGHMEMFIX, Widescreen and also the BP=0 tweak, yet with the T7 I can't get locked to 30 (with v-sync). I've found a temporary solution until service packs are out and have simply set the frame rate to UNLIMITED, which seems to be giving me smooth results.

I've just been spoilt by the NGX and Aerosoft's A320.

I tried your way also in terms of setting fps to unlimited in both fsx and nvidia inspector. Smooth indeed but comes at a cost of stuttering. ..quite a fair bit actually which I don't like so decided to opt outside of this. But like you said, hopefully this is temporary until service packs.

Hey guys,

The T7 performance in my computer is just somehow produce a better FPS (between 60-85). A lot better compare with the NGX.

2013-9-10_10-30-19-699_zps058a10f6.jpg

Here is my rigs :

• Intel i7 2700K OC 4.8 GHZ
  • Z68A-GD65 (G3) (MS-7681)
  • Noctua NH-U12P SE2
  • GTX680
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance™ — 4x4GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit
  • Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Hard
  • Corsair 850W PSU
  • Windows 7 64Bit

Regards,

Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)

System: P3D v5.3, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070 16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, Armageddon Pixxel+ HD Curve

I get about the same, maybe slightly better performance from the 777 compared to the PMDG737. Overall happy with the performance.

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Hi ferdiiskandar,  I have a system practically equal to yours (look at My PC), and get very good fps, even at KSEA or KJFK (40 fps).

Which are your settings in NV Inspector, please?

Thanks in advance

Miquel Egea.

Hey guys,

The T7 performance in my computer is just somehow produce a better FPS (between 60-85). A lot better compare with the NGX.

2013-9-10_10-30-19-699_zps058a10f6.jpg

Here is my rigs :

• Intel i7 2700K OC 4.8 GHZ
  • Z68A-GD65 (G3) (MS-7681)
  • Noctua NH-U12P SE2
  • GTX680
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance™ — 4x4GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit
  • Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Hard
  • Corsair 850W PSU
  • Windows 7 64Bit

Regards,

Hoping to get that with the 770 tmr. If i have any question mind pming you ? 

Which are your settings in NV Inspector, please?

Hey Miguel,

11_zps05d2036a.jpg

Hoping to get that with the 770 tmr. If i have any question mind pming you ?

At anytime mate!

Regards,

Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)

System: P3D v5.3, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070 16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, Armageddon Pixxel+ HD Curve

It's so confusing the wide varied responses regarding performance - It seems maybe that some logic or debugging in the 777 is causing reduced performance - I notice a debug file in the FSX/PMDG/777 folder but there isn't one in the NGX.

It's just a shame as it's really ruining my experience.