Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

FPS. What FPS do you get?

Haha, just trying to help...!

I have removed anything that would limit or try to limit frames - completely removed all VSYNCs I had for the NGX (which worked great). I am experiencing a couple instances of stuttering due to lack of VSYNC but it is only happens maybe 3-4 times a flight for maybe 1/2 second - well worth the price for having silky smooth frames the rest of time.

Its worth a try I think - your mileage may vary, just trying to help out with what is working for me!

Yeah, I know you're helping, I'm just messing around :D

Okay, so, my setup for this test is gonna be:

Vync OFF

Frame limiters, ext+int OFF

BP=0

HIGHMEMFIX=1

WideViewAspect=True

16xS AA + 4x SGSS (Nothing works better for me) & Aniso @ 16x

SweetFX ON

All 777 displays are at 15fps except the ND which is at 8.

FSX Settings as follows:

Level of Detail Radius: Large

Mesh Complexity: 100

Mesh Resolution: 5

Texture Resolution: 7cm

Water: High.2x

Scenery Complexity: Extremely Dense

Autogen Density: Very Dense

SFX Details: High

Airline Traffic Density: 16%

Road Vehicles: 10%

Ships and Ferries: 4%

Leisure Boats: 5%

UPDATE: FlightBeam's KSFO with FTXG was at 25FPS sitting on the active runway at midday.

Aamir Thacker

Well I come to the conclusion, the only way I can run the 777 reliably is in DX10. Unfortunately DX10 doesn't perform as well as DX9 FPS wise, although it is smoother (less stutters). I get about 4 to fps bettr in DX9, but memory wise, it's too close. Understandable with my Vista 32bit OS. The shadow copy of video ram in the VAS, just cuts it too close. This is not a problem with DX10. Overall visually it looks better too with Steve Parsons Shader fix. I just wish I could squeeze a few more FPS out of her, but I think with my system, it is what it is!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Also did a test in Flightbeam KSFO no AI traffic

I7-4770K,4,7

HD7970 3GB

1na0.jpg

ria9.jpg

b0i4.jpg

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

My personal FPS comparisons:

On my lame, weak system, the 777X has consistently out-FPSed the NGX -- not by an enormous margin, but enough that it's been noticeable. I always ran the MD-11 a little better than the NGX and I'd say the 777X has that beat too. I had some severe FPS issues with the 747 that kept me from being able to use the VC most of the time -- approaches were like a powerpoint presentation.

Other publishers -- most of my other aircraft are old enough not to be comparable or don't feature the same kinds of system simulation. That said, I'm a little surprised every time I fly some of those that they don't really perform all that much better than the 777 or NGX -- if at all. Some of them aren't very efficient at all. One runs quite well most of the time but on approach can slow down to single-digit FPS, and that's on a 2D panel. I have some products from another publisher that look pretty good but basically don't feature any real systems simulation. Most of the systems are XML trickery, and those that aren't don't run very well at all (e.g. APU burns fuel while the simulation is PAUSED). And still these products get smoked by the NGX and the 777 because their VC and model are so ridiculously poly-intense.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to optimize your system. I see people with ten times the system I have posting about getting half the FPS I get -- seriously, take a little while to optimize your system. Use the pinned nVidia configuration guide, install FSX outside of Program Files, disable your antivirus (then uninstall it, and break the CD into pieces and throw it in the garbage, and download Microsoft Security Essentials), remember that the difference between 75% and 100% on some of the graphics sliders are NOT worth it, etc. Honestly, if, when the conditions are right, I can run FPS in the mid-20s or occasionally better on MY system there's no reason why anybody with a halfway decent computer shouldn't be able to kick some serious behind with the 777.

the landing test part from KSFO at Seattle with PNW ORBX. Over and out

frfs.jpg

7c4j.jpg

q9y1.jpg

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I've been playing with this all day and regardless of what I've tried, I get the same result. The mouse courser KILLS my system. Not down to its knees or anything, but takes away 10-13FPS and brings with it a stuttering mess (especially panning!).

I've reinstalled FSX, the T7, The NGX, sceneries, etc etc and it's always the same problem. 

I fly with the NGX at a solid 30fps with or without the courser on screen as well as other aircraft. Hopefully an SP will be released where it'll improve it.

I know that the mouse courser issue is a FSX-ism, but I just tried the RTM version of the NGX and I had the same problem. The courser on screen drops the FPS by 9-12, but with SP1c, it only drops by 3-5FPS - a massive improvement!

Edit: Sorry for poor spelling / grammar / punctuation / sentence structure - FSX re-installing is a painful and long process!

Hi, just bought it today and only flew a few take off's from ebbr and egll, standard scenery, with the default stormy weather from the weather page.

Textures are rex and also gex and ultimate terrain europe.

Fame rate is between 18 and 50

I have I7 oc at 4.5 and nvidea 670 gtx.

Nvidea inspector external frame rate limitter off, in fsx unlimited .

But In my humble opinion the name of this topic should be. " how smooth is your ride"

This is far more important then how many frames you get.

I have the Dash 8Q400 from Majestic, and the Pmdg 737.800 ngx , and the T7 is by far the smoothest, followed by the Dash, in fact, the 737 .800 is the worst , in so far that it is not a joy to fly on my system.

At 15 fps the 777 gives me the feeling of flying, like butter , at 25 fps the 737 stutters.

So thumbs up for Pmdg's triple 7, it will give me plenty of flying fun!

Ivo de colfmaker

I've been playing with this all day and regardless of what I've tried, I get the same result. The mouse courser KILLS my system. Not down to its knees or anything, but takes away 10-13FPS and brings with it a stuttering mess (especially panning!).

I've reinstalled FSX, the T7, The NGX, sceneries, etc etc and it's always the same problem. 

I fly with the NGX at a solid 30fps with or without the courser on screen as well as other aircraft. Hopefully an SP will be released where it'll improve it.

I know that the mouse courser issue is a FSX-ism, but I just tried the RTM version of the NGX and I had the same problem. The courser on screen drops the FPS by 9-12, but with SP1c, it only drops by 3-5FPS - a massive improvement!

Edit: Sorry for poor spelling / grammar / punctuation / sentence structure - FSX re-installing is a painful and long process!

+1

reformatted com and installed everything again and just tested NGX and everything was okay. Even the mouse pointer didn't cause fps loss at all which is weird. I don't know what's wrong with 777 tbh. Without mouse pointer visible even the fps in ngx is at least 30 but 777 is lower. Getting annoyed at this point. I followed the tweaks and stuff.

At this point the only things i have installed are: PMDG 737 and 777 Fs Real Time FSUIPC REX ESSENTIAL PLUS OVERDRIVE AS2012 FTX GLOBAL No anti virus installed yet these are tweaks i did to my cfg

[bUFFERPOOLS] UsePools=0

[JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=14

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30

WideViewAspect=True

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.2

[GRAPHICS] HIGHMEMFIX=1

In NVIDIA INSPECTOR: 16XS with 4x SGSS Texture Filtering - off and 16x Clamp and High Quality Power Maximum Vsync 1/2 refresh rate

Computer Details - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Intel Core i7 3770K Ivy Bridge @ 3.50GHZ but overclocked to 4.5GHZ ( i don't know how to say it, but the guy that helped me said it's like the cpu will to that overclock speed when fsx or games are used but when general use it wont. I have seen in CPU-Z and at idle core speed is 1600NHZ but when running fsx goes up to 4500 mhz. does that make sense?)

Main Board Asus P8Z77-V PRO RAM - 8GB

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 680

2 drives:

C (windows drive) - SSD 60GB

D (FSX drive) - Only FSX and all addons are installed here. 600GB WDC WD6000

Forgot to mention that I did set everything to 15fps in fmc and tbh dont see any difference at all. And before I formatted my com all my other aircrafts were running nice solid 30fps. Eg majestic q400..level d 767..axe 320..pmdg 744..qw757

Any help and tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks Swadeep

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

When i bought this product, i had about 5-8 fps less than the ngx, and i only made 2 things: tweak the vc. Instead of 15 i changed to 8. And the mouse pointer out of the window. This 2 things now increased about 5-6 fps compared to the ngx. It's almost smooth as the lds 767. The VC tweak makes much difference and if the value 8 doesn't work for you, you must change to 6 or 15. One of thiz values should fit, it depends of the system specs that you have.

When i bought this product, i had about 5-8 fps less than the ngx, and i only made 2 things: tweak the vc. Instead of 15 i changed to 8. And the mouse pointer out of the window. This 2 things now increased about 5-6 fps compared to the ngx. It's almost smooth as the lds 767. The VC tweak makes much difference and if the value 8 doesn't work for you, you must change to 6 or 15. One of thiz values should fit, it depends of the system specs that you have.

i already set to 15 as mentioned above but i fail to see any improvements. I will try set 8 also and see how it goes. But I'd like to believe that my rig (specs are above), i should be able to get locked 30fps nicely but i am lost to be honest.