Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

FPS. What FPS do you get?

Hi,

I was getting around 25 fps at fs dream team CYVR which was great although a little jittery. I found that after 2 glasses of wine, it gets very very smooth...lol

Ashley Allen

I don't have yet the 777, but did you guys tried to set your ND and PFD screens to lower FPS, like 8, it will help you alot, I use 8 for all PMDG aircraft and is working beautiful!!!

I think you are on to something. I was getting better frames then the NGX as I stated, but in the performance settings. All settings except for Pilots PFD and ND was set to 15. The PFD and ND was blank. I set this to 15 as well. Since then, I had to do a complete reinstall due to problem with the Operations Center My system doesn't recognize the 777 or 737 (It does the J41 which I don't even have) This time I haven't changed the default settings yet and frames are significantly worse. For those that are having frame rate problems, make sure you check this!!  Good find Thanks!!

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi,

I was getting around 25 fps at fs dream team CYVR which was great although a little jittery. I found that after 2 glasses of wine, it gets very very smooth...lol

Ashley Allen

if you have another it will be super smooth :unsure:

I always change the frames for PFD and ND in all PMDG planes, you don't need more than 8 or 6, to have a smooth reading on PFD and ND and by lowering the FPS on those screens you end up with more frames for FSX!

Glad I could help!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

I have been tweaking since it came out now, documenting my results so far.

These results are my own, and reflect MY opinion.

I have around a 10%-15% decrease in performance with the 777 than the NGX, i'm getting around 30fps in the VC in 777 and was getting 40ish in NGX (Anything above 30 to me is pointless so it doesn't really bother me).

Now , i understand that the FPS is not the main concern with this, and i am in no way a FPS junkie, i prefer smoothness overall to how many FPS i am getting. 

I am going to disable RAAS, because using FRAPS i have noticed that on approach, i am going from 30fps to around 22/23fps when RAAS says something, then it jumps back to 30 fps.

And yes, i have done all of the recommendations from the introduction...

I am impressed with this aircraft overall, but a little disappointed in the performance vs the NGX on MY system. 

Specs;

Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K

• Processor Cores
  • Processor Speed
    4.5Ghz
  • RAM
    8GB
  • Video Board Manufacturer
    Nvidia
  • Video Board Model
    1024MB GAINW GTX560 Ti Phantom
  • Video Memory
    1GB
  • Mother Board
    GByte GA-P67A-D3-B3 MoBo
  • Hard Drives
    2 SSD
  • Monitor : 27''
  • Operating System
    Windows 7 64bit
  • Other
    CORSAIR H60 CWCH60 INTEL/AMD Cooler
    COOLERMASTER 692 WHITE CASE ADVANCED
    PSU: 650W NZXT HALE GOLD MODULAR

Adam

I've tried changing the PFD and ND displays to 8 and has helped with the stutters considerably. I've also tried changing my locked 30fps to unlimited and this also helped make the aircraft silky smooth.

Still not as smooth as the NGX, but in all fairness, the NGX had numerous service packs and hotfixes to help make it smooth. Remember when it first came out.... the frames were a bit hit and miss too.

Have 15-20 fps in air and less than 10 fps on ground. With NGX 20-40 in air and 15-25 on ground. That's not what I expected as beta testers said T7 is better on frames.

BTW, what soundcard you have? I heard from you about this first time(sound / stutter), maybe you can recommend something? Thanks  

Hi, I don't use a consumer PC Soundcard, as I use a professional level audio interface (used for pro recording) from a company called Digidesign.   It was around $1,000 though, so I wouldn't recommend it just for FSX! :smile: ..... it operates via USB so my PC just sends digital binary to the device, and the device converts it to analog audio ... (saving the PC from having to use it's CPU to do this).

However you will get almost the same benefit from using almost any audio card.... Google "Soundblaster Live!" and pick up the latest version of that, and the latest drivers   - should work well.

Essentially using any after-market sound car (rather than integrated sound, from the Motherboard) should see performance improvements in FSX; or at least resolve stutters or pauses when some sound files are played (such as on landing).

This is without a doubt the most refined commercial simulation I've had to date.  Since I didn't fly the NGX much, my comparisons are with the PMDG 744.  With this current home built PC, my PMDG 744 start-up at KATL Gate E28 gives me an average of 36 FPS after a 1 minute stabilization period.  This is with the default KATL scenery and a Cold & Dark start-up configuration.

The PMDG 777-200LR  starting up in the same location at KATL I'm seeing an average FPS of 35.  So, very similar performance for sure with an amazingly more complex simulation.  And there's definitely a "smoothness" factor with the 777 that you can just feel.  The VNAV and LNAV transitions are the smoothest I've experienced yet in an FSX simulation.  

Kudos PMDG!  Loving this new bird!

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

i am also loving this bird .

What is your fps at gates in the turtorial OMDB by Flytampa? Powered up with no AI only roadtraffic 11% i have around 35-40fps

Michael Moe

i7-4770K@4,7

HD7970 3GB

Raptor 300

SSD 128GB w7

Autogen Dense,water lowx2, TML 2048, 80nm draw distance and maxium covering.

Shadows only aircraft on the ground

Mesh 7m , everything else to the right

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I can confirm that having the mouse over the Virtual cockpit cause a framerate drop!

I've tested in different situation and now i'm sure about that!

After anothers test I CAN CONFIRM that my framerate drops during from 5/6 seconds depends on mouse active over virtual cockpit.

Infact if the mouse is outside the FSX window, or it's inactive I don't have theese kind of struttering and drops!

I can confirm that having the mouse over the Virtual cockpit cause a framerate drop!

That's old FSX issue, no cure for that. Just google for "fsx mouse pointer". With NGX and 777, when you don't need it - you can put mouse pointer in top left corner so you don't need to wait a couple of seconds for pointer to disappear

However you will get almost the same benefit from using almost any audio card.... Google "Soundblaster Live!" and pick up the latest version of that, and the latest drivers   - should work well.

Essentially using any after-market sound car (rather than integrated sound, from the Motherboard) should see performance improvements in FSX; or at least resolve stutters or pauses when some sound files are played (such as on landing).

Thanks for that! I'm glad that my stutter / sound theory was confirmed, but you gave me a solution too 

That's old FSX issue, no cure for that. Just google for "fsx mouse pointer". With NGX and 777, when you don't need it - you can put mouse pointer in top left corner so you don't need to wait a couple of seconds for pointer to disappear

Thank You for your answer, but I think that is a small Issue with the virtual cockpit of the 777. In an Italian forum I've read that even in the iFly 737 there was a frame drop caused by the mouse, and they have solved with a service pack....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubxbFv8rkz4

That was the problem (i've linked a video only to show the kind of problem!)

In fact the 777 it's the only airplane that cause that drop (the NGX not) so that it isn't a my spec problem!

I hope that PMDG can solve that!

I don't know if it will help you Steffano, but I don't really have the mouse issue, [although it's common knowledge]

As someone said above, it's release candidate and I am sure come SP1etc, that performance enhancements will come our way. Let pmdg do their thang and hopefully we can find something in the meantime

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK