Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

FPS. What FPS do you get?

I've been getting 30fps in most situations, lower at bigger airports. If you also hand fly using the 2D gauges after cycling to 2D panel mode you can get 50+, so much easier to land too.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

I'm getting slightly better frames in the 777 now than in the NGX after I've set the PFD and ND refreshrate for the VC to "15" just like I have it set in the NGX (which I think is also the default setting).

The default refreshrate for PFD and ND in the 777 was (at least for me) set to unlimited which gave me a 5 - 10 FPS performance hit.

So I have now between 30 - 40 FPS at the cargo gate in Aerosoft EDDK and around 50 FPS high in the air.

A microstutter on touchdown, in any aircraft, is likely to be caused by an audio issue.

High quality, larger, longer playing audio files (as you're likely to find in the PMDG) can cause a stutter if you don't have a dedicated soundcard, and are relying on on-board sound (and therefore your CPU) to generate audio.

Thanks for that! It was only my guess about sound issue... I don't have soundcard becouse i use headset only for now and i didn't know that will actually take some CPU resources this way. I'm looking for soundcard right now  ^_^

I'm getting slightly better frames in the 777 now than in the NGX after I've set the PFD and ND refreshrate for the VC to "15" just like I have it set in the NGX

That helped on my system to get steady 30 locked fps! I'll try now full flight

Nice. Decided with all the inputs from you guys to risk it and get this bird :)

18-25 @ FlyTampa airports with REX, and AI traffic. 60fps at cruise. System is as signature indicates except an EVGA 780 GTX in lieu of the 580's in SLI. An important point to illustrate is that the 777 taxis smoothly as well as smooth, virtually stutter free takeoff a and landings, despite the fps counter showing 18-25.

Really Amazing post and advices, so I've done theese things:

1) Resize Virtual Cockpit Textures, 512 px from 1024 px

2) Block Frame in PMDG777 config from 0 to 15

3) Delete RAAS folder (made a backup of it)

4) Reinstall a new version of FSUIPC (the last one was published on 5/08/2013

Well the situation is really better now 30 frame in most situation, but sometimes in pay and not pay airport (even in the frame friendly OMDB Fly Tampa) the airplane is done something, and the frame goes for 5/10 seconds to 20 value I also noted this when i increase throtte for take off

I hope a future SP will resolve this """Problem""", and made the VC lighter (it isn't a real problem).

Now, i confirm that in my configuration NGX is quite smoother than 777X 

:lol:  :P

is that deleting RAAS helped?

I've read that in some pc delting this folder helped a lot, in my case i think that helped, but not a lot.

I'm also not a lover of RAAS system, so I think i'll keep this deactivated!

B)

Thanks Stefano, i'll test that, but probably tomorow. Now i have started EDDM - CYVR(FSDT). If i don't get stutter on landing there, I'm sure i'm not going to get stutters anywhere in FSX  :P  Wish me luck

Now seriously, i think that refresh rate to 15 and defragmentation(in my case)has solved that stutter on landing. I'm looking to buy the soundcard too, just to move that function from CPU

Zeljko you are welcome, just one information about soundcard, could you link some model or some information about it? I'm interested in adding to my pc!

For me 60 FPS for the displays is giving me the best results with regards to SMOOTHNESS. It's worth a try...

I will also now try to delete the RAAS folder and report back. So far I can confirm disabling RAAS in the PMDG options menu does not affect anything.

I'll try now 60 FPS for displays, hope give best result even to me!

I've noted some LOC troubles in approach to VMMC, and some AP disconnect troubles (continue Warning system sounds, they only stop if I engage again the Autopilot). Really good aircraft, as I said users are the best beta tester (with always respect for the fantastic work of the Beta tester team!!)

As RSR said, is really easy fall in love with this lady!

EDIT

I've tried, for me the best performance is fixed to 15

Nothing to do, I've noted virtually stutter during takeoff and landings with framerate that goes down to 19-20 and return to 30 after TOFF. 

I think that only an update with a Service Pack could help us!

So we should stay tuned  ^_^

Getting 15 to 20 FPS even with Ryan's guide......

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case