Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

FPS. What FPS do you get?

After a buttload of tweaking, I've managed to get my sim running at 25-30fps (at FlyTampa's OMDB V2) w/ the T7, with absolutely everything maxed out in the scenery section + 16% AI.

I've gone with:

BP=0

HIGHMEMFIX=1

WideViewAspect=True

As for my inspector settings:

16xS Anti Aliasing + 4SGSS

This is all being run on a i7 3700k @ 4.6 and a GTX780.

Still not entirely pleased as I drop down to about 18-22 at EGLL, but I've yet to try affinity mask.

All good for me now, re frame rate.

Have defragged.

Also set the ND PFD displays to 15. That was what did it.

Now getting minimum 33 and max 45 on the ground at EGKK with REX weather. And right up to my frame rate lock of 50 in the cruise. Occasionally drops to high 30's.

Haven't checked yet but I think it's better than the NGX to a degree.

No, don't stay away from the frame rate counter...

It was by monitoring the frame rate and comparing to the NGX that we were able to determine that it was the ND and PFD refresh rates that was causing the slow down.

Is this UK2000's EGKK?
If so, what settings are you running at? AI?

What other addons are running in the background? (FTXG, etc?)

Aamir Thacker

This is actually not just an FSX problem, it happens in other programs as well. Essentially what happens is when the cursor is active your frame rate performance will drop, usually about 4fps, in some cases higher. Once it's inactive and hidden the frames will go back up. Many aircraft has this problem. some worse then others. The worse one I've seen so far is the IFLY 737, That one drops 7fps on my system.

Tom Cain

The mouse cursor issue is extreme for both the NGX and 777 for me. Right now, in the cruise, I see a loss of 30% with the cursor on the screen. Luckily I have high frame rate and the cursor isn't on the screen for long.

After a buttload of tweaking, I've managed to get my sim running at 25-30fps (at FlyTampa's OMDB V2) w/ the T7, with absolutely everything maxed out in the scenery section + 16% AI.

I've gone with:

BP=0

HIGHMEMFIX=1

WideViewAspect=True

As for my inspector settings:

16xS Anti Aliasing + 4SGSS

This is all being run on a i7 3700k @ 4.6 and a GTX780.

Still not entirely pleased as I drop down to about 18-22 at EGLL, but I've yet to try affinity mask.

Is this UK2000's EGKK?

If so, what settings are you running at? AI?

What other addons are running in the background? (FTXG, etc?)

Nope, that's with default FSX EGKK. I don't have any airport add-on's. I prefer high frame rate so haven't purchased any.

I run with REX, GEX, UTX. Sliders are down enough to give me high frame rate.

That's' with 3770K at 4.4 and a GTX580.

Nope, that's with default FSX EGKK. I don't have any airport add-on's. I prefer high frame rate so haven't purchased any.

I run with REX, GEX, UTX. Sliders are down enough to give me high frame rate.

That's' with 3770K at 4.4 and a GTX580.

I see.. I'm getting about 23FPS at UK2000's EGKK..

That 3770K should be able to allow you to max out your graphics?

Aamir Thacker

my side, it's slightly better than NGX. "Fully loaded" on the ground, I can get 15-25 in VC but it is smooth whilst moving the hat control. 

So, I was having issues too.

i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz, GTX 670 4GB, 8GB RAM

I was getting around 18-22FPS in VC and a solid 30 outside. I had also experienced a drop in VC's for my other aircraft also, since installing OrbX Australia - even if I was flying in Europe! On disabling that, I got some frames back in my other AC, but not 777. I tried a new FSX config file, with the 3 mentioned tweaks only. No change.

I got bored, had some time and I decided to reformat and install a fresh copy of Win 7 & FSX. Installed pretty much everything I had before (REX. FTX Global, Opus, Scenery etc) - (except OrbX Australia and my other aircraft). Solid 29-30fps in VC now with the 3 tweaks recommended in Froogles video & PMDG 777 manual.

C

I've been using that Booster program, I think I'm gonna do exactly what Froogle did, Im going to delete it reset everything and try this out from scratch, my performance ain't nearly on par with what everybody else is getting despite my PC. I think I will try Bajote's tweaks ands then add in anything that is not covered. Hopefully I see some improvement.

Lets see what happens!!!

yes i had mine locked to 30fps in the nvidia inspector and i tried doing it within in fsx also but no luck...but something is strange...i tried loaded up at payware vtsp airport and all was well..30fps in vc! but other airports eg default KATL it goes down to 15-20...even yesterday while in flight soemtimes went down to 11-12!! this is really weird. i don't know what's going on. thinking about doing fresh windows and fsx install..maybe over wekeend...i just recently installed as2012 also...dont know if that plays part in anyway because pmdg737ngx seems to suffer to when i want to compare..at this point i am totally lost...so much for all the wait only to be stuck here...sigh..

thanks

swadeep

Make sure your anti virus isn't up to nonsense.

Make sure you set your AV to exclude FSX

I see.. I'm getting about 23FPS at UK2000's EGKK..

That 3770K should be able to allow you to max out your graphics?

Well yes, but I'm an individual that hates low frame rate. No way will I accept it.

Anything lower than 35 and I'm not happy.

Flying the aircraft in a smooth high frame rate sim is far more important to me than eye candy.

The mouse pointer is killing me as well but remember you can always move it over to the corner!

Well like Ryan said in one post, is a knowing FSX bug, but like in the NGX the problem is minimized and you can slow down 1 or 2 fps (in my configuration), in the 777 (that was presented lighter than the NGX) my framedrop is 12 fps! That is really much and should (I really hope so) be corrected!  B)  :mellow:

The mouse pointer is killing me as well but remember you can always move it over to the corner!

oh yes, you can do that. mouse pointer frame rate drop is no huge deal, but obviously it would be preferable if it was absent.

Doubt anyone will ever find a solution though as it's plagued flight sim for a very long time.

oh yes, you can do that. mouse pointer frame rate drop is no huge deal, but obviously it would be preferable if it was absent.

Doubt anyone will ever find a solution though as it's plagued flight sim for a very long time.

Actually it could be a really big deal if it's that bad (12FPS drop) if you are going to use FS2Crew when it comes out, as it takes control of the pointer.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

FWIW guys, I just made a poll for the performance. Hopefully that will be easier for all of us to see what the general consensus is like on the performance aspect. 

Well like Ryan said in one post, is a knowing FSX bug, but like in the NGX the problem is minimized and you can slow down 1 or 2 fps (in my configuration), in the 777 (that was presented lighter than the NGX) my framedrop is 12 fps! That is really much and should (I really hope so) be corrected!  B)  :mellow:

The problem isn't minimised at all for me in the NGX. It's just as big a drop as in the 777.

I don't see such a big drop with my other add-on's, only PMDG.

FWIW guys, I just made a poll for the performance. Hopefully that will be easier for all of us to see what the general consensus is like on the performance aspect. 

Performance is very good for me now, with 15 set for PFD and ND. A bit better than the NGX.