Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

If You Think You're Clever...

If you think you're clever, read the intro manual.

I'll say that again, in a different way:

If you think you're the first person to spot a "bug," read the intro manual.

I'll say it a third time, in another different way:

If you're having a problem, read the intro manual.

...why?  That's what the forum is for, you say?

Because all of the Beta testers threw together some thoughts as to what we knew would trip you up.  This was then compiled into some tips, tricks and hints in the intro manual for your convenience.

A lot of effort went into that intro manual, so please, please, please...PLEASE...prove me wrong...for once...and read at least that section.

We even bookmarked that PDF for you...

Save yourself the embarrassment and frustration with waiting for a response here on the forum (because you know everyone else won't be reading it and will be hogging the bandwidth of those in the know).

...we all know how your thread is going to be met if I'm the first person to get to it.  Don't do that yourself.  :biggrin:

This has been a PSA by Kyle Rodgers - thank you for your time!

Kyle Rodgers

Love it Kyle!

Rest assured, if you have a questions, chances are it is in that FAQ, the tutorial or the manuals. They do not call them Precision Manuals for nothing LOL!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Is that the new "Polite Kyle"s way of saying, "RTFM"?

haha - yep!  I figured I'd at least go on record and ask "nicely" before I get a hold of peoples' posts in the next few days.

Love it Kyle!

Rest assured, if you have a questions, chances are it is in that FAQ, the tutorial or the manuals. They do not call them Precision Manuals for nothing LOL!

Thanks Paul!

Kyle Rodgers

I read the whole intro and I have a feeling I'm still going to ask a dumb question on here --- apologies in advance. 

I'd be upset too if someone screamed needlessly on the forum and totally ignored my file full of answered questions.  Not saying it's his file, but I'm sure he was one of the beta's that helped put it together.  In my opinion, she flies great.  It's like Kyle said, read the manuals and you'll be OK!  This beauty has lots of curve balls we didn't anticipate after being used to the NGX.  She is a totally different breed.

I read the whole intro and I have a feeling I'm still going to ask a dumb question on here --- apologies in advance. 

Everyone is prone to a bonehead answer.  To be honest, you'll deflect a lot of the flames simply by saying "I read the intro manual, and it may have been in there, but..."

Not saying it's his file, but I'm sure he was one of the beta's that helped put it together.

Not my file, but read the very last page  :wink:

It's like Kyle said, read the manuals and you'll be OK!  This beauty has lots of curve balls we didn't anticipate after being used to the NGX.  She is a totally different breed.

Bingo.  The experience and Boeing familiarity with the NGX brings with it a complacency that's almost a disadvantage when compared to someone who is coming at the 777 with no other experience.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm going to refuse to ask for help until I read through everything thoroughly, multiple times.

No issues so far. I can even start up APU on battery, no ground connects (poor battery!).

Watching the wings flex in flight during turns is really amazing.

Beautiful job. Again.

Why does anyone use any other software besides FSX with all these amazing add-ons! Light-years ahead of everything else out there.

Steven

haha - yep! I figured I'd at least go on record and ask "nicely" before I get a hold of peoples' posts in the next few days.

Now Kyle, even team members / beta test weenies are subject to our ToS'. Break bad and we have a special forum for you to do penance in. We'll put you in charge of managing and judging the screen shot contest. :lol:

Now Kyle, even team members / beta test weenies are subject to our ToS'. Break bad and we have a special forum for you to do penance in. We'll put you in charge of managing and judging the screen shot contest. :lol:

Oh snap!  What did I do?

...or if you're referring to my reference to the future, it wouldn't be anything other than what's been seen before.

EDIT:

If a delivery is required for penance, the ladies at Landmark CHOtown just hand me the keys now, so I can make deliveries (though I'm pretty sure you're closer to the better wine) or do grunt server work upon request.  :wink:

Kyle Rodgers

Why does anyone use any other software besides FSX with all these amazing add-ons! Light-years ahead of everything else out there.

Because not everyone has a system powerful enough to run FSX with good settings?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

This is likely a stupid question (I am new) - where do I find the manual?

Depends on what the  issue  is :P,  you got 2 options if  your looking for the t7   manuals, one way is  to open your op centre  and  the manuals will be listed  in there.

The other way is  by going  to where you have installed  the pmdg t7  and  in the flight manuals icon all the  pdf manuals are in here as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

This is likely a stupid question (I am new) - where do I find the manual?

Depending on the aircraft, it's in a slightly different directory, but a little self-explanatory when you finally get there.

Option 1 is the Start Menu:

START > All Programs > PMDG Simulations > [Aircraft]

Option 2 is the folders:

[FSX Folder] > PMDG > [Aircraft] > Documentation (or similar name)

Kyle Rodgers