Sign in to follow this  
NGXfanatic

Winds uplink in the FMC

Opus is onto it too.

The PMDG 777 upper wind and temperature text file will now be created and automatically copied to the <SIM>\PMDG\WX folder. This file is only generated during a weather update under the following conditions,

a. When a Flight Plan has been specified and processed (or activated in the sim).

b. When a PMDG aircraft is loaded and sitting on the ground.

c. When the <SIM>\PMDG\WX folder exists.

I agree! I did several flights and tests transferring winds via Ops to FMC and it worked really nice. No copy and paste steps required.

(I have short tutorial how to do that if anyone interesting.)

Thx 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Why doesn't this feature work with forecast winds on the FORECAST page?

Good question.  I suppose it needs to know the waypoints to retrieve the specific winds by altitude, but that page only accepts altitudes.   I tested it out and put in 4 different altitudes, but it did not work, even though I have successfully retrieved winds on the RTE Legs pages. 

Sorry to cut in on topic again...

I understand that REX doesn't provide route upper wind info so it can't be integrated.

However, since PFPX has a quite accurate upper level wind prediction plus descent level wind prediction, could PFPX be integrated?

Thanks in advance :-)

*Edit*

It seems that people are already talking about this in the PFPX forum.

Any word from PMDG would be great!

I have pfpx connected to REX. Does the loadsheet contain the right information? I found something that looks like it, but it doesn't work.

rex is  going  to solve this  shortly its been mentioned in the forum . Tim said  a announcement will be made shortly 

Hello all ....anything tested for REX ??  sorry for jumping like that :)

Sorry to cut in on topic again...

I understand that REX doesn't provide route upper wind info so it can't be integrated.

However, since PFPX has a quite accurate upper level wind prediction plus descent level wind prediction, could PFPX be integrated?

Thanks in advance :-)

*Edit*

It seems that people are already talking about this in the PFPX forum.

Any word from PMDG would be great!

Check the rexe  forum been mentioned and Tim will make  a announcement  soon  on the wx  issue

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Check the rexe forum been mentionedn and Tim will make a announcement soon on the wx issue

Wow, thanks for the info. Gonna check their forums fast.

rex is  going  to solve this  shortly its been mentioned in the forum . Tim said  a announcement will be made shortly 

Check the rexe  forum been mentioned and Tim will make  a announcement  soon  on the wx  issue

Many thanks Peter 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

I agree! I did several flights and tests transferring winds via Ops to FMC and it worked really nice. No copy and paste steps required.

(I have short tutorial how to do that if anyone interesting.)

Thx 

Please post your short tutorial! That would be very kind...

A

OK. 

I am going to drop this PDF file for now to save time. Will try to add everything on the forum page time permitting. Feel free to add, edit or make some improvement. 

I have just loaded another flight and transfer winds from Opus and everything worked fine. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

oh I see, I must have missed it. I dont use PFPX...yet. But I will soon!

thanks anyway

zoran

ZORAN

PFPX

• Create route, validate, and calculate.

Results Tab

• Select Export

qW1Lx.png

Route Export window

For PMDG 777

• Add-On - PMDG Simulation (NGX) – Apply  (to save route for 777)

For OpusFSX

• Add-On - Microsoft Flight Simulation (FSX) – Apply (to save route for Opus)

h43dI.png

C:\Program Files (x86)Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\

Find saved route (Ex. EDDFLGAV01.RTE) , check file extention is .RTE

Some users need to place it into 777 folder (…PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777) in order 777 FMC detect the route (optional). 

PsxcT.png

FSX

• Load flight
  • Initialize FMC
  • Align ADIRU

CDU 

• POS INT page – set
  • RTE - RTE1 page

o   Origin/Dest – Enter

o   Route Request – Select

o   In LOAD CO ROUTE 1/1 – select saved route

o   EXEC

GhvMj.png

b9DJU.png

Export winds from OpusFSX

Route in FMC – verify loaded

PERF INIT page – enter CRZ ALT – enter

hlOQp.png

OpusFSX

Weather page

• Flight Plan Option Tab

o   Enter or Import Route

o   Process Flight Plan

o   Done 

8qOPS.png

3nIh7.png

FSX

• Add-ons

o   Opus FSI Live Weather – Update Live Weather

FMC

• Route – ACTIVATE
  •  LEGS – RTE DATA  - ACT RTE 1 DATA

o   Wind DATA REQUEST – Select

• EXEC

fyEjo.png

Select LSK 1R through 6R to see wind data for each point in route.

1Ebu7.png

FSX - Add-ons

• Opus FSI report – Show Flight Plan Report

o   Cross check wind data from Opus and FMC

tmPM.png

I think I will wait on a more tightly integrated solution but thanks.

spacer.png

I simply cannot get this to work. Today I'm flying EGKK to SBGL. I copy the wind data from AS2012 starting with the origin. I paste it into a word document and save it as EGKKSBGL.wx and save it to the wx folder in the PMDG folder. I load my flight plan in the FMS, I go to the winds, type in EGKKSBGL into the scratch pad, I press request weather, and I get an invalid entry. What am I doing wrong?

I go to the winds, type in EGKKSBGL into the scratch pad, I press request weather, and I get an invalid entry. What am I doing wrong?

Don't type anything in the scratchpad. Just press the request weather. You already have EGKKSBGL route in your FMC (coming from ORIG/DEST) so it will look up for this file automatically and load the wind data if you have the EGKKSBGL.wx in your FSX/PMDG/WX folder.

Please, all read the instructions to do this. Start with the PMDG-WIND-DATA-REQUEST-readme.txt.  It's rather simple procedure to get the winds.

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Joona is right just press the button and a light will pop on top left of fmc and then press execute. 

However none of this will work unless you  have the correct version of opus Beta that is located at the very bottom right hand side of their downloads page

ZORAN

I simply cannot get this to work. Today I'm flying EGKK to SBGL. I copy the wind data from AS2012 starting with the origin. I paste it into a word document and save it as EGKKSBGL.wx and save it to the wx folder in the PMDG folder. I load my flight plan in the FMS, I go to the winds, type in EGKKSBGL into the scratch pad, I press request weather, and I get an invalid entry. What am I doing wrong?

1.  I paste it into Notepad (not sure if that is required or if Word works too).

2. In Notepad, go to File > Save As > At the bottom of the Save As dialogue box, under the drop down 'Filetype' field, select "All Types".

3. Save the Notepad file as the "ORIGINDESTINATION.wx" just as the RTE files are saved as (ignore including numbers into the save name e.g. '01').

4. Pull up your route in the FMC and then go to Legs page > RTE DATA > then push the LSK to select 'Request Weather'.  It will then import the data automatically.