Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snickers

ILS landing

Hi,

i'm not able to do an ILS landing (Munic EDDM ILS08R) with this aircraft. I put in the frequency and the direction (110.90/082) into the NAV RAD page, but i'm not able to push the LOC and the APP button. Nothing happens. What is wrong?

regards

Bernhard Statter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've had a few runway ILS freq/CRS I've had to manually tune. Bear in mind when using the FMC the aircraft will autotune to a stored frequency for that runway you are using which if you are using addon scenery may be different, it is also possible the runway doesn't even have an ILS or is localiser only, both would prevent APP selection. To verify, use the FSX Map tool to find the Runway ILS frequency and CRS, compare that with the tuned frequency on the ILS line on the NAV RAD page in FMC and you should have more luck.

The same frequency works fine with the PMDG 737 NGX. If it is a problem with PMDG itself, it will not work i guess.

Bernhard,

are you useing a special Munich scenery ? e.g. from Aerosoft ? I read over the forums that other ppl. has some serious ILS landing problems.

Tschö

Aerosoft Mega Airport. 

But the ILS landing don't work with any airport. Boeing Field had the same issue. FMC Message "ILS frequency error", but it was the right one. 

Servus und grüße nach Thüringen. 

I have the same problem : i wanted to land in Frankfurt/Main (EDDF) but i could not activate the localizer because the ILS wasn't active.

Maybe that is a bug, that PMDG didn't see before it released the software. We need help.

The PMDG bug seems to be a departure ILS frequency that got "stuck" in the FMC. On my first flight I manually deleted the freq, the T7 would autotune the correct (arrival) one, and the issue was resolved.

Ja, i load the aircraft from CnD and bring it alive. Maybe i try another panelstate. Will post, if the flight from EDDS to EDDM work with ILS on. 

Hope they will fix it soon. It's very annoying. But a beautiful bird. :)

Grüße aus  EDPE 

Bernhard

Try another panel state, just so we know if it's related to that whole C/D mess that's popped up.  I'll keep an eye on this.

...in the mean time:

ILS Approach - the landing is a separate matter altogether.  While the autoland function requires the use of an ILS (currently), the ILS is only the approach, and the landing would be an autoland  :wink:

Hi Bernhard,

please try olli's suggestion for your next flight.

Otherwise try some vectoring approaches without ILS j/k :D

Schöne grüße nach Oberbayern 

Ok, it worked with panelstate short. It's the bug with the CnD mode. 

Good to know.

Sorry it's happening, but it gives us more info to pin down this C/D issue.

Ok, other question. Why are there no "Rotate and V2" Callouts? I just hear V1, is this normal?

It may be different at other airlines...but the one I am familiar with:

80kt is PNF call ("eighty knots")

next call is V1 by computer voice

then at Vr..."rotate" by the PNF again

V2 is not called out.

Hope this helps.

Ok, other question. Why are there no "Rotate and V2" Callouts? I just hear V1, is this normal?

Intro manual.

As Oliver mentioned, this is in the PMDG Setup > Options menus.