Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KJConlon

Aivlasoft EFB vs PFPX

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yeah. Go with both.

Avilasoft EFB for maps and flighttracking and pfpx for the flightplan and fuel calcs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

As both programs don't have much to do wich each other, you have to get both, yes.

EFB is showing you charts, PFPX is planning your flight ...

Pretty much as people have said, flight plan with PFPX then track with charts in EFB, work together like a beaut.

If you want to buy both than have at it.  EFB isn't absolutely necessary (it doesn't give you anything that you can't get somewhere else free and easily) and it isn't difficult to find charts for any airport in the world (for the most part).  PFPX will plan an accurate route, plan fuel, and (if you have TOPCAT) plan take-off and landing distances.  Being that both TOPCAT + PFPX are still cheaper than the EFB, it was an easy decision for me.  The EFB looks really nice and helpful but I, personally, don't feel it is worth $70.

Thanks for the clarification. I just purchased PFPX (w/the Topcat bundle). I'll wait until my trial period is over on the EFB.

-.- . ...- .. -.

Kevin Conlon

Parrot Head and PP-SEL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, I am very impressed with PFPX--very accurate fuel planner and route finder. Very much easier than Flight Sim Commander to use once you get the hang of it and set up and the Fuel Planning feature is worth the price of admission alone.