Sign in to follow this  
Spartan0536

The truth about FTX Global vs GEX World

Here is how FTX Global really looks at night over a Swedish town with 80 000 inhabitants.

attachicon.gif2013-9-7_0-14-24-99.jpg

And this is the same city with GEX and UTX.

attachicon.gif2013-9-7_0-54-3-181.jpg

No FSX bloom, ENB series or no post processing what ever.

And the FTX Global night lighting is very far from realistic. Nice Christmas Tree, but still not realistic. That's why I prefer GEX and UTX Europe ;-)

Thanks  for the shots!

I have all those sceneries and haven't seen any problems with them, except Santorini in hybrid mode(in normal mode it works) because they also use custom autogen scripts and it has to be merged to get it to work. The makers of Santorini could simply ask Orbx to merge the scripts with theirs and it would have been solved just like with ES and 29 Palms. Same goes for France VFR and Flytampa Grenadines....

But in Native FTX Global mode there is no issues, the hybrid mode is to have all the regions active at once and offcourse it will cause issues a few Places, even their own regions don't display correctly with it....

So with only FTX Global alone there isn't anything to be concerned about....

I can name 3 sceneries that I can't get to work in hybrid mode, France VFR, Flytampa Grenadines and Santorini I already mentioned them earlier too.

It's 3 out of several hundreds of addons I have! And it could have been solved if they was willing to actually let Orbx merge those files.

I saw they mentioned Madeira, I have MadeiraX and it works flawlessly with Global even in hybrid mode, same with El Hierro..

So let me make sure I understand this......

You say there are no problems yet if you want to fly from region to region you either have to switch regions manually, or go to something called 'HYBRED" mode? And in Hybred mode you have addons that dont work and your solution it to force other addon developers to conform to Orbix code instead of stock FSX code? 

Sorry, I dont think so, I am sticking with what I know.

Do you work for Orbx or just trying to promote them? As someone else said, you do seem rather involved.

Jay

http://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/204-ftx-global-second-impression/

qoute from the review:

"Cons with FTX Global

• Pricey                                                                             So I should go out and get GEX Global for twice as much
  • No realistic scenery, it never was, is and will be            Depends on the eye that see...
  • No value in areas already have addons installed           See below
  • Landscape disorganizations are commonly seen          Its a texture replacement and has never been advertised  
  •                                                                                        to do anything else
  • Third-party missions may no longer be playable            Wut!! My missons work

That's just pure bullsh.t. FTX Global has actually breathed new life to addons I had collecting dust because now I have nice textures that surronds them. I have all aerosoft airports released and can finally use them wihtout looking at ugly default textures around them. UTX came back on my drive because of FTX Global. The Whole review looks like it has been written by Nick N at Flight 1, or the reviewer has been hired by Flight 1 to muddy the waters...

This review must be all Orbx haters holy grail!! :lol:

Funny how a thread with the title containing the words 'The Truth' doesn't mention one product will cost more than double to get the same coverage.

8 regions, 34,95$ for each one, total price 279,60$ versus FTX Global for 100$

When it comes to price the choice is easy :rolleyes:

Whats funny is how a thread that starts out well goes to the dogs pretty fast when certain people get involved.

Whats funny is how a thread that starts out well goes to the dogs pretty fast when certain people get involved.

Because some people can't handle facts, and consist on beliveing in myths. And when someone try to tell them facts it gets ugly ^_^

I see some really hard moderating going on here right now, think this thread is about to die.... What happend to my latest posts? To harsh or what? I thought it all went quite civil, offcourse a little foul language here and there but that's just how we talk up here in the cold northern Norway and nothing to get offended by :rolleyes: I even cencored it abit myself using ..... :lol:

And in Hybred mode you have addons that dont work and your solution it to force other addon developers to conform to Orbix code instead of stock FSX code?

Oh my god.

It isn't exactly like they get eaten up by orbx by letting orbx merge their files, they don't have to change anything with their files at all, only have to send the files to Orbx for them to integrate it with their sceneries. No coding involved at all..... What is the problem with that...

This is something everyone with custom scripts should do to eachother that way all those sceneries could work together, this is not just an Orbx issue.

E.g France VFR and ES sceneiries won't coexist, wether you have Orbx or not. Santorini X also have a problem with ES comp.

By not doing this I think they shoot themselfes in the foot, because I will not buy a scenery that can only coexist with itself.

The worst thing about France VFR is that it's not even compitable with itself... I bought 2 France VFR Photosceneries with autogen, guess what, they messed up eachothers autogen.... That's Nice, if they had merged the files problem would have been solved..

kaboki, your opinions about certain things are so unequivocablly stated and so predictable in nature, that we may never need to read them again. Especially when projected from the printed page in your usual tone.

Whether it be about the P3D eula, the business decisions of Flight1/PMDG, or the world dominance of Orbx, you have stated and re-stated your loud and awesome feelings enough so that everyone knows them.

It is obvious (to you at least) that anyone who does not have the same flightsim experience as you is woefully un-informed. Unfortunately, repeating an opinion over and over again does not make anyone elses conflicting experience suddenly match yours.

So why bother to keep arguing the same points to the same bunch of dumba$$es (in your opinion)? You can always find a (very small) group of people with exactly your experiences and opinions (I suspect this would get old pretty quickly). Or you could just keep it to yourself unless you can make it helpful. In either case, you and everyone else will be happier.

Because some people can't handle facts, and consist on beliveing in myths. And when someone try to tell them facts it gets ugly ^_^

Finally somebody that has all the facts and the truth. Finally!!! I'm been waiting a long time for this moment to arise. Finally!

Thanks  for the shots!

So let me make sure I understand this......

You say there are no problems yet if you want to fly from region to region you either have to switch regions manually, or go to something called 'HYBRED" mode? And in Hybred mode you have addons that dont work and your solution it to force other addon developers to conform to Orbix code instead of stock FSX code? 

Sorry, I dont think so, I am sticking with what I know.

Do you work for Orbx or just trying to promote them? As someone else said, you do seem rather involved.

But that's what you don't seem to understand about the issue.  The addons that have trouble have trouble precisely because they DON'T conform to stock fsx code.  ORBX made allowances for ALL the stock fsx autogen descriptors, and if third party scenery developers use those stock descriptors, then there's no issue.  the conflict comes when you have developers who both use custom proprietary autogen descriptors not being able to deal with each other,  In this case, orbx's autogendescriptions.spb changes and someone else's changes can't coexist.  

developers should be able to do all this stuff.   The best solution would be to have a centralized sql database where developers could share these descriptions and create a unified file.  this was talked about at different times both by ORBX and other developers,  but I will not hold my breath that this will happen because there isn't a centralized trusted source for such files, and the amount of development of this sort that happens is very rare (which is why there isn't too much trouble so far, because there aren't a lot of other products that don't use the standard descriptions.  just ORBX and a few others)

the other issue with trees on the runway... this ALSO happens because addon airport developers aren't in lock step with the SDK.  there are a certain number of textures that are designated as airport textures, to be used as perimeter grass as so forth.  sometimes addon developers (usually freeware) will use a non-airport texture as an airport texture.  in FSX default there were a number of textures that were not annotated with autogen,  these were the ones usually used.  ORBX when replacing these tiles replaced them with tiles that had autogen annotated (after all these are non-airport tiles)  causing trees and other stuff to appear where these textures are called by the airport.  This is NOT limited to ORBX.  I had the same issue with GEX and a package of freeware Botswana airports a few years ago...  this could be fixed by someone creating an autogen exclude for those airports.

so yeah, you can say that ORBX goes outside the bounds of the SDK and they do (And I am very grateful for them for that)  they do go a long way to make sure their stuff works with people who DO use the SDK, they just by necessity can't account for others who make their own changes to "the rules"

ulfB, I thought the night lighting for FTX Global was all yellow but I noticed that your picture actually has bluish white lighting mixed in. Is this from the new 1.1 patch as the earlier night pictures always showed just yellow and I didn't see anything in the patch description that they were changing the night light coloring.

SJED

kaboki, your opinions about certain things are so unequivocablly stated and so predictable in nature, that we may never need to read them again. Especially when projected from the printed page in your usual tone.

Whether it be about the P3D eula, the business decisions of Flight1/PMDG, or the world dominance of Orbx, you have stated and re-stated your loud and awesome feelings enough so that everyone knows them.

It is obvious (to you at least) that anyone who does not have the same flightsim experience as you is woefully un-informed. Unfortunately, repeating an opinion over and over again does not make anyone elses conflicting experience suddenly match yours.

So why bother to keep arguing the same points to the same bunch of dumba$$es (in your opinion)? You can always find a (very small) group of people with exactly your experiences and opinions (I suspect this would get old pretty quickly). Or you could just keep it to yourself unless you can make it helpful. In either case, you and everyone else will be happier.

Good post, Henry! But You really have to accept that Kaboki is our Lord and have to be respected, what ever opinion he might have. He is the Master of FSX.

I looked in the barn and that large, hairy four-legged working animal (the brown one? with the white thingy on it's face?)...it seems to have passed away.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Good post, Henry! But You really have to accept that Kaboki is our Lord and have to be respected, what ever opinion he might have. He is the Master of FSX.

When you make a comment such at that one, you place yourself at or below those that you wish to tarnish.

Disagree, if you so desire. But please do so in a more mature and civilized manner. One of two things will probably happen to Kaboki. Either he will incur the wrath of the moderators for his v-e-r-y thinly veiled use of questionable words or... his head will explode while he's pounding away at his keyboard, foaming at the mouth, trying to dispel any words against his beloved software product for a computer game.

ulfB, I thought the night lighting for FTX Global was all yellow but I noticed that your picture actually has bluish white lighting mixed in. Is this from the new 1.1 patch as the earlier night pictures always showed just yellow and I didn't see anything in the patch description that they were changing the night light coloring.

It's from the 1.10 patch. I have no idea on how the lighting appeared in the first release. Sorry!

When you make a comment such at that one, you place yourself at or below those that you wish to tarnish.

Disagree, if you so desire. But please do so in a more mature and civilized manner. One of two things will probably happen to Kaboki. Either he will incur the wrath of the moderators for his v-e-r-y thinly veiled use of questionable words or... his head will explode while he's pounding away at his keyboard, foaming at the mouth, trying to dispel any words against his beloved software product for a computer game.

You're perfectly right, meshman! Sorry! I'm to old to get caught in such dog fights and I should be old enough to know better. Thanks ;-)

his head will explode while he's pounding away at his keyboard, foaming at the mouth, trying to dispel any words against his beloved software product for a computer game.

:lol:

I have expressed my opinions on PMDG and the EULA once yesterday, and Flight 1 the last couple of days. Have not exactly been discussing this for like the whole year. So I don't have the right to have a view on things?

World dominace of Orbx :huh: I actually buy scenery from Flight 1, Aerosoft, Flytampa, ES, Real Earth etc etc  so Im not all about Orbx.

Im a big fan of all the scenery makers in the FSX world, but Flight 1 approach when it comes to Nick N's rant and scare tactic towards Orbx, that I don't like so much, and I have a right to express that wether you like it or not  :rolleyes:

So why bother to keep arguing the same points to the same bunch of dumba$$es (in your opinion)?

So why does anyone need to argue against a dumbass like me when they now what I'm gonna say anyway?

Why bother :P

So why does anyone need to argue against a dumbass like me when they now what I'm gonna say anyway?

Why bother :P

Beats me.