Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

PMDG 777-200LR Fuel planner!

disapointing that the 777 is not including a fuel planner! airbus x does and its great. considering I paid 90 bucks for the T7 I am demanding a fuel planner!

+1 

Did you both not read the topic at all? You have one built into the FMC, which really does work. If not, buy PFPX if you can afford it - me, the FMC has been fine so far.

fuel to load, enter your route and then check the PROG page’s fuel prediction for the destination airport – subtract your current load from the amount it predicts at the destination and add 15500 lbs (7000 kg) for alternate/hold and so on and that’ll be a decent estimate. Use more if you have a long distance alternate or other extenuating circumstances. A rough rule of thumb is to assume the airplane will use around 17,600 lbs (8000 kg) of fuel per hour of flight time.

The rest will be cover in T2 

Here is mine 

Did you both not read the topic at all? You have one built into the FMC, which really does work. If not, buy PFPX if you can afford it - me, the FMC has been fine so far.

Sorry i was waiting for the p2 

It sounds like I might need to consider putting out some tutorials on dispatch...

Any takers?

Dave

I actually landed with 9600.  Throughout the flight I watched the progress page and fuel at KIAD would slowly go down throughout the flight.  I actually arrived in the approach at KIAD with 12600 lbs of fuel so PFPX with my derived Bias for climb, cruise, descent and drag seemed to be spot on.  I monitored fuel remaining throughout the flight at each waypoint with the OPF and the fuel was dead on with PFPX.

Could you tell me what your figures for the Climb, CRZ and Decent bias are in the 777 with PFPX please?

Maurice

I have been making an excel fuel planner for the PMDG777lr specifically designed to use the data from active sky evo or 2012 flight plan There are instructions how to use on the sheet its self but its very complex at first glance at this stage . I need to now simplify the input page to make it user friendly but its extreemy accurate. calculates every single nautical mile of wind component precisely according the the activesky winds aloft using radians to get the wind component. it also relies on the FMC fual calculation in conjunction with the activesky winds data . this version is for the pmdg777lr but its not finished at all. Its not a flashy gui its just a straight forward excel sheet with a lot of complex formulas. in its currant form it not user friendly but every thing that basically needed works 100%

Basically you have to copy and paste the activesky flight plan in to the work sheet cut and paste page and editi it a bit to fit the entry section on the flight plan page. paste it there and you are then ready to fill in the 777 data page. it looks complex to start with but to get really accurate results you have to provide a fair amount of data initially

but it does work and work very well indeed if you can be bothered to spend the time initially entering the data. I have left a flight plan YBCS -VHHH in there instead of leaving it blank just so you can see how and where to paste it.

If anybody fancies refining this sheet to make it user friendly and simple to use please feel free and I would like to see the result as I don't have a lot of time to do much more with it right now

cheers

kav

EDIT:

for some reason it wont let me upload the excel spreadsheet I tried it zipped and unzipped? anyone know what the trick is as its only 101 kb on its own ?

cheers

k

Could you tell me what your figures for the Climb, CRZ and Decent bias are in the 777 with PFPX please?

Right now I'm about 108 for Climb/Cruise/Decent.  Drag Bias I keep at 100.  Still fine tuning with each flight.

Sean Green

PFPX is your solution. By the way Mark, is out there some tuto about how to plan an ETOPS flight? I'm gettin' crazy reading manuals and so on but no way, the "Compute Flight" button doesn't come to me, since I can't skip the ETOPS setup process and I don't know how to deal with it. Thanks

Actually there is a super comprehensive one made for non professionals that explains what ETOPS is all the way up to how tobplan it for PFPX and the T7.

Its in two separate PDF files beautifully laid out with pictures and screenshots.

When I get home I'll try to dig it up for you if you want.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

We should be just clear on this. The FMC is not a fuel planner in the real sense. It will only give you an (accurate) fuel figure in the PROG page to indicate you have loaded enough fuel for the planned route.

You have to start with an estimated fuel figure, enter the route, departure rwy, SID, FL, etc only to find in the PROG page you either have over - or under loaded fuel, do the maths, re-load fuel and then to discover the CG, trim, V-Speeds and sometimes even the initial optimum FL has changed due to different weight figures. For me, not good fuel planning.

For those who do not have PFPX or any other purchased software or do not want to go online and use Simbrief, a good excel spread sheet for fuel planning, as we have for the NGX, will be most welcome. Then at least we can start off with a more accurate fuel plan/estimation, check with the FMC to confirm we have more or less adequate fuel on board and if necessary do small adjustments.

Johann van Rhyn

Johann,

in the absence of a decent fuel planner or excel spread sheet (which I have made but cannot seem to be able to upload here) the simple way to do it is to work out how much fuel you want to land with (res, cont etc etc) then simply add max fuel to the fmc. then see how much over your desired landing amount the predicted landing fuel is in the fmc and the subtract the difference and add that amount to the fmc and there you are.This wont account for winds but all you need to do in theory is then repeat this process after winds have been added to the fmc rte and you will get the correct result (in theory) I say in theory because at present there appears to be an issue with the fmc predicted fuel burn calculations particularly with wind data. basically the planes is burning more than the fmc is predicting but I believe this is being looked in to by the devs

So anyway once you have the fuel in then worry about the c of g trim etc etc.no point sorting all that out until the fuel weight is decided. yes ok you have to enter these figures initially but its not hard work they fill in them selves when you click on them.if the final fuel weight changes them just click on them again to update in the the scratch pad and all done then enter the optimum fl or your chosen fl . simple

cheers

k

using the fuel prediction via the FMC in tutorial 1 is recommended.

ZORAN

Does anyone if or when Topcat will adding T7?

What does TOPCAT have to do with fuel? It is intended for takeoffs and landings.

Michael Cubine