Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

Getting frustrated with this bird

Tim, next time you can get the chance, load the flight with no weather and give it a shot, that's all people and PMDG (Ryan) are asking in helping you.  Then hit the 'V' key for a screenshot.  Don't throw your hands up and qiut after you've taken none of the advice and say people don't believe you because a lot of us have seen crazy weather injections from third party software.  I beleive from scanning this people suggested don't use weather and you did use weather and only said it did it again.  You could have did what was suggested.

I've had weather injection issues that have messed the plane up a few times.  Even other day in the T7 nearing DBX, AS2012 injected weather that was something like 28c at FL300+.  But that's not PMDG fault!  As people have said before PMDG aircraft don't make weather conditions, they just read them and react.

So do yourself a favor stop worrying about Adam (welcome to the Internet, you will meet unfriendly people, and surely the way you wrote your post asking and question the tech team) and attempting to have a 'you know what' measuring contest and try what people are suggesting, witch is try the T7 with no weather... when you get the time.  And furthermore use FSUIPC to clear all weather.  People may have been rude at first but you're being hard-headed now and childish with saying, " I've spent too much time, I give up, for 90 dollars, blah blah blah.  You say oh the NGX didn't do this!  And you're point?  That doesn't apply nor dose the fact you fly in real life.  Because I'm sure the tech team has more hours on the plane in question then whatever you will ever fly.  Plus the fact 99% I'm guessing PMDG T7 are flying without a hitch!  So outside of knowing that these temps you're getting in the sim are not right based from real world experience the rest is pointless unless you're also a FSX weather software programmer.  No one asked you to call into work tomorrow to test the FSX suggestions on the issue. But we are asking you to whenever you get the time load a flight without weather and get a screenshot, just remember you're not only running PMDG software when your PC starts or FSX starts and surely so if you're using weather software within FSX.  Maybe you're special thought!

Last post I promise - for those out there that do believe what I have been saying - I just replicated the departure again, this time without any weather. 

Departure went exactly as it should!!  This is a problem between, in my case Opus and the PMDG 777.

It does not seem to be hardware related in this case but others may have a different situation or problem to mine.

I find it very interesting that the PMDG B737, the J41 and every other A/C including the Q400 don't have an issue with Opus and yet the B777 obviously does.

Hope this narrows things down for this developer and Opus users.

Took images of an unremarkable departure if that helps.

Sincerely

Tim Carter

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Last post I promise - for those out there that do believe what I have been saying - I just replicated the departure again, this time without any weather.

Departure went exactly as it should!! This is a problem between, in my case Opus and the PMDG 777.

It does not seem to be hardware related in this case but others may have a different situation or problem to mine.

I find it very interesting that the PMDG B737, the J41 and every other A/C including the Q400 don't have an issue with Opus and yet the B777 obviously does.

Sincerely

Tim Carter

I was tired of opus 's issues such as violent windshifts, temperature issues, etc... Nevermind IMO what I consider bloat with the flight planning stuff they put in it now. Went to FSGRW and have no complaints. Suggest you try that.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Last post I promise - for those out there that do believe what I have been saying - I just replicated the departure again, this time without any weather. 

Departure went exactly as it should!!  This is a problem between, in my case Opus and the PMDG 777.

I find it very interesting that the PMDG B737, the J41 and every other A/C including the Q400 don't have an issue with Opus and yet the B777 obviously does.

Sincerely

Tim Carter

You should go into the OPUS options and check out "Sim friendly options". Theres also some other options for wind and temp smoothing if you take a look around. Maybe a fresh reinstall of OPUS is also worth a try. Go uninstall it from the Windows control panel, and reinstall the latest beta from their website!

Troubleshooting like this sure takes some time, but it's worth it and it will make your FS experience a better one!

Sincerely

Tim Carter

Unfortunately making a decent simulation of an aircraft in FSX is a bit of a catch-22 situation, because FSX's weather simulation is beyond terrible and doesn't act realistically on aircraft what-so-ever. I hear what you're saying about it not happening with the NGX and the Q400 (although it doesn't surprise me that it doesn't happen on the Q400, given the way the aircraft is implemented within FSX) but chances are it's just less noticeable. I just departed and tried to see what you were seeing, the winds were also varying and gusting somewhat, so I thought it would be perfect conditions to test what you were seeing; but the 777 performed as expected. It wouldn't surprise me if it's more related to Opus than the T7 as I had wind change issues using Opus (so now using FSGRW). 

Also, I don't want to insult you by giving 'flying tips' (given that you're a real-world pilot) but one thing to look out for on the 777 is the throttling down when it passes acceleration height (by default I think this is 1,000ft) which can cause quite a noticeably deceleration if you don't reconfigure from the generally high attitude required to maintain V2+(15-25) on the initial climb-out. 

Not claiming to be the most qualified anything here Clayton.  I am trying to relate an issue that occurred during a flight that I don't believe was operator error that is all Clayton.  I have a reasonable amount of RW experience and have detailed as best as I can the circumstances under which it occurred.

If the PMDG groupies want to stick their heads in the sand and believe that PMDG could not have possibly released a product with the odd kink in it, then that's their problem.  I suggest they read the forums here about a number of issues going on.  While some may be the consequence of not reading the manuals etc this is not one of them.

Not sure if that was trying to be sarcastic but certainly sounded a bit like it.

Tim Carter

I have done about 4 or 5 hours so far in the 777 and I must say I have found it to be tested beyond my expectations for a piece of sim software.

Although I totally sympathize with your issue. I want to help you get it resolved. I had no issues with my climbs, in fact I experienced an excellent climb rate, although it was very light on fuel. WSSS-VHHH and an even shorter CYUL-KJFK. 

What livery are you using? Are you using the PMDG livery?

I know you have more real air time than me and experience, but was the autothrottle on?

I am a good problem solver so I think I can help you find the problem quickly. I hope!

When did you turn on LNAV and VNAV? I want to know when even though you did the checklists so I can troubleshoot.

Hope we can get you happy flying because this aircraft has been done to perfection.

I am not using any weather applications myself. I use FSDreamteam, Flytampa and Aerosoft addon airports and Megascenery and France VFR photoscenery. I had a crash to desktop because of out of memory at KJFK because I am using Aerosoft Manhatten as well as FSdreamteam.....but it was almost as I pulled up to the gate.

So far no issues apart from the PMDG livery was not able to silence the Disengage A/P because it is an option.....that is not PMDG it is a standard Boeing option.

Thanks

Daniel

Tim, you am have a corrupt install of opus, I had a similar issue, but not to the extent you're describing.

I would reinstall opus using your paid install. Delete the opus folder.

Find your key file where you put it when you purchased opus. go to the opus website and press the purchase button on the opus download page, and you can browse for your key to reactivate it using the flight1 wrapper.

Then once you installed your base version, install the latest beta.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I have seen a bit of strange behaviour from the PMDG B777 - (none of it deal breaking or a death sentence) that did not occur at all with the B737 series and I think there may be some gremlins still in the system somewhere.

What? You didn't see that bug crawling around in the script? Go to the PMDG facebook page in the July-August timeline; you will see the video. :lol: