Sign in to follow this  
PAINMAN

Now this isnt even funny anymore.

I dont know if something is wrong with your windows install.

Could be though.

But since reinstalling windows is a lot of work, I to would save that for last.

Someone mentioned detrectX might be damaged.

Of you still have problems after reinstalling FSX...then try reinstalling that.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I did a new install on a blank harddrive right now and nothing installed except FSX the default glider is having about 10 fps so the only thing now is to reformat the whole computer and hope it solves the issues.

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

I have to think your CPU or GPU is dowclocking or something like that - 10 FPS in an MS default airplane makes no sense at all.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I did a new install on a blank harddrive right now and nothing installed except FSX the default glider is having about 10 fps so the only thing now is to reformat the whole computer and hope it solves the issues.

Kind regards

Ok.

Look if you are serious about simming....I can give you a link on how to install Win7 and FSX in a high performance environment.

It will take one or two days reading.

Or you can just install like you did last time.

Let me know!

I have to think your CPU or GPU is dowclocking or something like that - 10 FPS in an MS default airplane makes no sense at all.

What also makes no sense is that he said he only has the problem with the 777, not the 737.

Something must be going wrong with his 777 install.

Is it possible that his dowloaded 777 installer got corrupted?

Rob Robson

You are now the second person I know with this issue that have reinstalled, in your case FS in the other case everything, and it hasn't produced any change.

The theory about the 777 installation being corrupt is interesting so I might give a reinstall of that a go next week. It won't be today since I'm doing longhaul in the MD11 :wub:

What also makes no sense is that he said he only has the problem with the 777, not the 737.

Something must be going wrong with his 777 install.

Is it possible that his dowloaded 777 installer got corrupted?

Not really so Rob. If you go back to the Op's post #14, he is saying he is only getting 7fps with the NGX as well and only 10fps with the default glider (Post #61).

If I were in this predicament, I would have to bite the bullet and go for formatting and starting over. Easy for me to say, but no pain no gain.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Not really so Rob. If you go back to the Op's post #14, he is saying he is only getting 7fps with the NGX as well and only 10fps with the default glider (Post #61).

If I were in this predicament, I would have to bite the bullet and go for formatting and starting over. Easy for me to say, but no pain no gain.

Regards,

Yes, it seems nothing works now...but in his first post he had 25fps with the NGX.

I would reinstall as well......just hope TABS was not right with it being something as simple as his powerplan sitting at energy saving rather than performance.

Rob Robson

How could this be? and how do i see if it is?

Im about to empty the whole computer now so i wont be able to read or answer anything except on the phone.

I will format both disks and give it a shoot when i have reinstalled everything i hope you guys could help me out with FSX cause i might have done something wrong or not and it just went bust for no apparent reason.

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

How could this be? and how do i see if it is?

Im about to empty the whole computer now so i wont be able to read or answer anything except on the phone.

I will format both disks and give it a shoot when i have reinstalled everything i hope you guys could help me out with FSX cause i might have done something wrong or not and it just went bust for no apparent reason.

Kind regards

Run FSX, then

If you press control/alt/delete.....what speed is your CPU running?

Rob Robson

How many screens are you running on?

Just 1 27" Samsung Monitor.

Ok i check CTRL/ALT/DEL when im back in the sim again.

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

Just as an exercise  ...... Try running FSX in a small window and see what FPS you are getting 

Just did that with no to very little performance gain.

I also checked  how much performance i had while in the sim and there are 52 processes running in the background and im still only in FSX.

3-12% of the CPU is running and the physical memmory is at 16% solid.

So now i know that the CPU isnt providing the power i need what should i do?.And all those processes running in the background what should i do with these?

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

3-12% of the CPU is running and the physical memmory is at 16% solid.
So now i know that the CPU isnt providing the power i need what should i do?

Actually that suggests it's not the CPU. My guess is your graphics card is throttling or something, hence bottelnecking your CPU. Can you post a screenshot of GPU-Z & MSI Afterburner while running FSX in windowed mode?

Your performance is so poor that tweaks isn't the problem.

I suspect you have throttling enabled. Maybe your bios reset recently?

Don't use bojotes auto tweaker. It's out dated for your hardware.

Use highmemfix, AM, Wideviewaspect and a few others I can't remember

Use eksternal limiter

Actually that suggests it's not the CPU. My guess is your graphics card is throttling or something, hence bottelnecking your CPU. Can you post a screenshot of GPU-Z & MSI Afterburner while running FSX in windowed mode?

I will try that i am just recovering from a complete reinstall of the whole computer including Win7

It will probably take until tomorrow evening before i try and reinstall FSX.

Your performance is so poor that tweaks isn't the problem.

I suspect you have throttling enabled. Maybe your bios reset recently?

Don't use bojotes auto tweaker. It's out dated for your hardware.

Use highmemfix, AM, Wideviewaspect and a few others I can't remember

Use eksternal limiter

Ok i will try that to but i need "expert help" because i dont know exactly what everything does and even if i read about it its to complex for me to understand im sorry i dont know much about computers.

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM