Sign in to follow this  
PAINMAN

Now this isnt even funny anymore.

I am sure you are at least smarter than me and I managed to build and set up my rig, that does a pretty good job.

What I am saying is, if you have the time and patience to read, research and do it yourself, you will probably end up with a better result than paying for it.

Remember one absolute golden rule: DO NOT over clock your new set up until you have EVERYTHING finished and your PC, Software and especially FSX and its addons are all running stable and performing properly.

Good luck and regards,

I did build my computer on my own alot cheaper then buying a finnished one.

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

I know that 1 thing was wrong with my computer it was

"HUGE DRUMROLL"

Outdated BIOS and drivers :lol:

Now im installing all the drivers and updating the BIOS and we see what we can work out from there.

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

One thing that no one has brought up here. This is a must do for fsx. whatever you are running for an antivirus program you must exclude the entire fsx directory within the antivirus program. If you have a dedicated fsx drive exclude the entire drive. and do not put fsx on the c drive.

Since you're going the format and re-install route, suggest you first restore your BIOS to default spec. That's right, no overclocking for now.

Just because you've been running fine with it doesn't mean it's going to behave like that forever. Power supplies let you down over time.

Reformat, re-install Windows then Vanilla FSX.

If you don't get at least 40-50 with any defaut aircraft with FSX default settings, you probably have some hardware not behaving as expected.

Remember, re-installing the OS with an overclocked CPU is generally a bad idea. You could have all sorts of file corruptions going on unnoticed.

Painman,  I wish you the best with your issues. I don't have the PMDG 777 but couldn't help but to read the posts concerning your issues. As mentioned above, with your system you should be seeing off-the chart FPS without any special tweaks for default aircraft and default settings and perhaps some reduction with complex addons, but dropping fps to 2 seems like something is wrong with your system more so than the aircraft. If you can determine that you have a compatibility issue with some hardware component, just replace that part within your available resources, but you should not consider throwing the whole thing out the window.

Keith Guillory

I reinstalled the new BIOS and drivers and the computer freeze when i enter the internet.

Something to do with the graphics driver and i tried a few just to check have to do some more testing this evening.

Over and out

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

I reinstalled the new BIOS and drivers and the computer freeze when i enter the internet.

Something to do with the graphics driver and i tried a few just to check have to do some more testing this evening.

Over and out

Kind regards

Yeah, thats because there is correct way to update GPU drivers and a wrong way.

what GPU do you have?

Make and model?

Also, once you have a GPU driver that works good with FSX, you dont change it!

You should be reading the info I gave you and then install Win7 correctly, rather then experimenting without knowing what you are doing.

Rob Robson

I did exactly as i was told 777 no harm done its just wierd

Kind regards

Ohhh its a MSI GTX 580 xtreme edition @ 3 Gb

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

I did exactly as i was told 777 no harm done its just wierd

Kind regards Ohhh its a MSI GTX 580 xtreme edition @ 3 Gb

Kind regards

Is PMDG support helping you or did I miss the part of updating your GPU driver and how that is done?

No harm done?.....computer freeze....uhhh ok.

Good card, should be running thngs real nice :-)

Rob Robson

It says in the link u provided in wich fase of reinstalling.

Bo harm done meant that i did everything from the beginning and luckily i wasnt far gone.

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

It says in the link u provided in wich fase of reinstalling.

Bo harm done meant that i did everything from the beginning and luckily i wasnt far gone.

Kind regards

Ok.

Thats weird then.

Your whole windows instal seems to be acting strange.

If you read the steps of how to install Windows....maybe you come across somthing you might have ommited?

You did say the last time you installed windows you did so unclocked right?! (just reconfirming)

And you know your Bios setup is at default and correct?!

Is there other software onyou PC besides FSX?

Maybe you installed something recently that is causing this?

Rob Robson

When you install your Nvidia driver, make sure you select custom install on the Nvidia install dialog. When you do that, you get an option to "Clean Install" your driver.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It might be that we are all looking in the wrong direction for a solution. On my system, which I admit can use a decent cpu upgrade, I was able to get rid of the stutters and freezing of the 777 by reducing the file size of some of the sound files. (packs, apu, enginestart, wind, etc) More testing of this hypothesis is needed but I was able to load FSdreamteam's JFK with no noticeable stutters or freezing after the tweak.

Gidel Warde

Yes its a brand new Win install without overclocking its all default and no theres nothing on my PC that i installed prior to installing the T7.

I just have to go through about 50 hours of downloads and stuff from scratch.

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM