Sign in to follow this  
BAW

I just don't understand

..why so many people are complaining about frame rates.

I have a good system, but not as good as others out there and I am getting 40 at Dubai V2.

This plane is amazing, and yes it has a few tiny issues, but FPS are not an issue for me.

Does anyone know why some people are getting such bad frames, yet others, like me are getting amazing frames?

Thanks PMDG, you have done it again

Simply because every PC & FSX setup is differant. You don't state your specs, background processes, AI settings etc etc etc. You can even have two identical PC's with the same FSX addons and one may run worse then the other purely down to what version graphics and sound card drivers they use.

Rob Prest

Exactly as FLEX1978 just said. Personally, while I'm still getting 23+ FPS with the 777 at all times, I am consistently getting about 5 FPS less with the 777 than with the NGX.

I don't have the 777 but I do have Dubai and it is an incredible performing scenery that is devoid of anything else around it. Anything will perform well there imo.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

While some threads about complaints are lame, the frames isn't. I don't have a problem but imagine if you did how frustrated you would be.This is the support forum.

Richie Walsh

Easy to answer, not every one has your sys and now every virtual pilot is being forced using VC.

Everyone should know there is remarkable fps difference in those views.

As for myself i have no performance issues, too, but i'd never compromise someone's lack of performance.

One thing you can do to improve your framerates is go into the Performance page of PMDG Options in the FMC and change everything to 15.

I was getting less frames than the NGX initially, changed this and now it feels smoother than the NGX.