Sign in to follow this  
orez

Where are the AirStairs in the PMDG B777-200

In the Introduction Manual to PMDG's Boeing 777-200 it mentions there being an AirStair in the Doors section of FS Actions. I have checked and re-checked the Doors section and I can see no working Airstair. I do know there is an Airstair as I have seen external photos of the PMDG 777, with it extended for boarding passengers. 

Can anyone help out here, or am I perhaps missing out on some relevant software?

Regards,

Orez.

i have the same question. Many airports park you on the ramp for heavy parking and no jetways

Don Emerson

You need GSX or AES if you are parking at a hard stand.

You need GSX or AES if you are parking at a hard stand.

+1 for this, AES and/or GSX works brilliant! Worth of trying!

Cheers

In the Introduction Manual to PMDG's Boeing 777-200 it mentions there being an AirStair in the Doors section of FS Actions. I have checked and re-checked the Doors section and I can see no working Airstair. I do know there is an Airstair as I have seen external photos of the PMDG 777, with it extended for boarding passengers. 

Can anyone help out here, or am I perhaps missing out on some relevant software?

Regards,

Orez.

That's an error, probably copied from the same section in the NGX manual (which has airstairs). I've never seen a 777 with built in airstairs, a 767 yes, but only 1. Were you seeing AES or GSX stairs in those pictures?

Steve Caffey

Yes I see. That would explain it. Until I read that reference in the manual I didn't expect to see them either. However, I thought that they had been added by PMDG. Naa, I should know PMDG by now... B) Yep, they were probably GSX add-ons.

Thanks,

Orez

Please read:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Jetx44, on 10 Sept 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:snapback.png

Say, what if you can install air stairs? The 737 has it and it would be a wonderful add on for the triple. Maybe have a option under the menu to where it rolls in to either the first door or the second??

Just an idea

"Do you truly understand how big this plane really is? I work on aircraft like this for a living so take it from me, it is next to impossibe/impractical to have one installed. There are several issues:

-the plane is too high. The doors are almost three stories high. That is a lot of stairs

-with that much stairs, where can you stow such a large and heavy contraption? The doors are located above the cargo holds and electronics bay. there simply isn't any room.

-safety. Stairs going that high must be sturdy and that means it will be heavy. No need for the extra weight.

Nice try though :P"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now check out the thread

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/420134-suggestion-for-the-777/?hl=+stairs

The 777 doesn't have any option like that Steve.

The thing about airstairs in the manual is an error I missed, will be fixed in the next version.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Found a picture of the 767, they fold into the doorway

Aerocon%20Airstair%201.jpg

I've heard this stuff (foldable) is not allowed for regular PAX service anyway. Guess it takes a Ryanair livery (no pun intended here!) to implement that in regular PAX flying. Compare the Ryanair discussions for smaller Boeings.

And ... no, my post is not about starting a Ryanair argument. It's about the usefulness of foldable airstairs when simulating line flying in FSX.

The 777 doesn't have any option like that Steve.

The thing about airstairs in the manual is an error I missed, will be fixed in the next version.

Not from Boeing at least, that one on the 767 is an aftermarket mod. They say they can do it on a 777. I'm not saying it should be done in the sim.. http://www.aeroconengineering.com/airstair/airstair.html

I've heard this stuff (foldable) is not allowed for regular PAX service anyway. 

Yeah, the one I remember seeing this on was a blank white 767. I think it was a government plane, kinda secret  :ph34r:

Steve Caffey

I've heard this stuff (foldable) is not allowed for regular PAX service anyway.

I think it COULD be allowed, with some modifications in the seating arrangement of the airplane (less seats).

The reason the 738 can have these airstairs, and still maintain an airplane configuration of 189, is because the airstairs themselves are not sotred in the cabin, but beneath the floor. If you were to evacuate, the airstairs wouldn't impede a smooth evacuation.

In the case of airstairs folding into the cabin, you essentially lose an emergency exit, so the number of seats inside the airplane has to be adjusted downwards.