Sign in to follow this  
temple187

A380?

I think our best chance for a systems deep A380 will be when Aerosoft finish their A330. I REALLY want an A380 now (They started services to my local airport yesterday).

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yup Aerosoft I think will do it eventually

I think our best chance for a systems deep A380 will be when Aerosoft finish their A330. I REALLY want an A380 now (They started services to my local airport yesterday).

An Aerosoft A380 may happen, but I doubt you'll ever get deep systems from Aerosoft. They are a mid-range mass market developer.

ki9cAAb.jpg

An A380 with Airbus Extended level systems is fine by me.

If Airbus will not release their technical data to PMDG, then they will not release it to any other developers either. Myself being spoiled by PMDG quality would not buy one from anyone else. Thanks, Ron

I can't imagine that Airbus wouldn't release their technical data to PMDG. If PMDG would show them how detailed the new 777 and the 737NGX are (both are official Boeing licensed products)

and show them that there's a lack of high simulated Airbus products in the FS community, Airbus would agree and give them the data they need.

Btw: A few years ago, there was a TV reportage where a german man wanted to build the A380 as a RC airplane. He also got the official blueprints from Airbus.

So, I don't think it's any technical data problem. It's PMDG's decision wether they make an Airbus or not. But they still have a lot to do with the -200ER/-300ER expansions and the new 747V2.0.

I can't imagine that Airbus wouldn't release their technical data to PMDG. If PMDG would show them how detailed the new 777 and the 737NGX are (both are official Boeing licensed products)

and show them that there's a lack of high simulated Airbus products in the FS community, Airbus would agree and give them the data they need.

Btw: A few years ago, there was a TV reportage where a german man wanted to build the A380 as a RC airplane. He also got the official blueprints from Airbus.

So, I don't think it's any technical data problem. It's PMDG's decision wether they make an Airbus or not. But they still have a lot to do with the -200ER/-300ER expansions and the new 747V2.0.

Just to clear up some confusion here, 'Boeing licensed product' means that Boeing gave permission (possibly in exchange for money) to use the name Boeing and/or the Boeing logo. That's it, it doesn't mean anything further about the accuracy of the product.

Case in point: Default FSX is also a Boeing licensed product! . Don't believe me? Just look on the back of your FSX dvd box. Does that logo look familiar?

I would go even furhter than that, John.

There is a certain 787 from a developer that is not known for the quality of its products... rather the opposite.

You can google the box, you will also notice the familiar logo.

******* Christ... How many times does this nonsense about sourcing data from Boeing/Airbus have to come up? Do some of you guys coming up with theories about special deals with Boeing & Airbus even have the slightest clue about what you are talking about?

Give it a rest please.....

Rob Prest

Just to clear up some confusion here, 'Boeing licensed product' means that Boeing gave permission (possibly in exchange for money) to use the name Boeing and/or the Boeing logo. That's it, it doesn't mean anything further about the accuracy of the product.

Indeed, even Abacus 787 is a Boeing licensed product.

Regards

Joona L

I saw the full story on the RC 380. It was built before the real 380 flew and this gentleman went all over the place to Airshows as demonstrations. I am not positive but I think Airbus sponsored the building and flying of the amazing bird.

Thanks,

Ron

Why isn't PMDG making an A380?
Is it because Airbus don't like people who like Boeing?
no. They are a business, not a pack of school children.

The reason PMDG isn't making an A380, is because they are making other things. They are a small company, not some multinational with billions of dollars and thousands of employees.

777-200LR Fixes and Service packs

737NGX Service pack 2

777-300ER

777 Other versions

DC6

747 complete new product created from scratch unrelated to the old 2005 one.

That's several years of development right there.

I found the video of the RC 380. It is two parts.

Thanks,

Ron