Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

PA 46-350P Looking for some additonal pre-purchase information

I'm not sure where you get this idea, but no, it doesn't.

Ah Scott.  Appears I confused that "lose the 3D knobs" feature with the C208.  I have flown both recently.

The reason I asked that question is that if I add the piston Malibu I'd like to put my RXP WX500 in the panel.  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I would assume that the RXP WR works. At least the screen area while you could have a 2D popup for actually operating the knobs. That's from looking at how the JetProp was done and how one could add easily the CS WR screen.

So if you are ok with editing the panel.cfg and if they haven't changed the 3D modelling significantly on the WR scope over the JetProp cockpit, it should work.

Ah Scott. Appears I confused that "lose the 3D knobs" feature with the C208. I have flown both recently.

The reason I asked that question is that if I add the piston Malibu I'd like to put my RXP WX500 in the panel.

As CoolP mentions, I expect you can "underlay" the WX500 and have the display anyway.  Here's something from the JetProp forum:

Scott

Edit:

Grr... something glitched and the link and everything following disappeared.  http://forum.avsim.net/topic/377058-wx500-retrofit-in-piper-malibu/

The last sentence read something like - nothing you can do about the knobs, but this would at least get you part way there.

S.

Dave, this is a carry-over from the JetProp, but it does work.  The cabin altitude selector is, um... finicky.  You can mouse over it and spin the mouse wheel and get nothing... nothing... nothing... and then suddenly it works.  Other times it works right out of the gate.  Have patience, and it will turn.  Once it does, the system works as expected, minus the control to adjust rate.

Ah ok, thanks, I'll take another look at that.

Ah ok, thanks, I'll take another look at that.

Yeah you sometimes have to try a couple of times I think there's a sweet spot to get with the mouse too

Thanks everyone for all the feedback! I might grab me this one. :)

I too like the A2A 172, Duke V2.0 and Aerosoft Twin Otter Xtended.  With so many high quality releases lately, hard to choose what's next.

Charles.

Now that's a complete review, Scott.  :smile:  Regarding the weather radar, I think one might be able to use the mod from bliksimpie for the JetProp. That enabled the CS weather radar. Looks very much like the VC WR gauges are the same.

Will check when I finally get her. Next SP or so. ^_^

Can you tell me where to get this mod?  The WR doesn't work for me, it's the only piece that's non-functional in the aircraft--well all of Carenado's aircraft with the WR.

John

Haha, yes, I think the Carenado WR works equally good among all planes.  ^_^  Mind you that I was speculating about how the JetProp gauge fitted into the piston plane. That's from assuming that the VC elements are very much the same (looks like).

But the mod itself came from bliksimpie. Over in a JetProp thread and maybe it's even available in the Avsim library. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/360365-the-captain-sim-weather-gauge-now-workable-in-p46/

Don't be surprised about the weird text layout. A later forum soft update seems to have caused it, so hold on to reading.

Haha, yes, I think the Carenado WR works equally good among all planes.  ^_^  Mind you that I was speculating about how the JetProp gauge fitted into the piston plane. That's from assuming that the VC elements are very much the same (looks like).

But the mod itself came from bliksimpie. Over in a JetProp thread and maybe it's even available in the Avsim library. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/360365-the-captain-sim-weather-gauge-now-workable-in-p46/

Don't be surprised about the weird text layout. A later forum soft update seems to have caused it, so hold on to reading.

Hi CoolP,

I have the WX500 Gauge from Reality XP and I have substituted the WX successfully in my PA-46T Malibu. The click spots are slightly out but if you have cockpit tool tips on whilst using it for a few times it's OK.

Sorry for my late answer. Just wanted to say that it's good news hearing that one can also fit the RXP WR.

Yeah it's a solid release from Carenado I'd say if we're bringing up this thread again

Although I will say I was doing a flight from the London area (EGSL) the other day to Bournemouth and had 40kt headwinds at FL140 and FL120, I think I averaged about 102 knots in cruise lol.

Its not too slow at low altitudes ( I think on a good day on that flight I would be getting 190) but its a better performer up higher.

Its a good plane, a plane I like in real life but it makes me want to get the RXP 530 every time I use it because right now I only have the 430.

Its not RealAir and its not A2A but its good. I like it more then the Jetprop actually

Lee