Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gavin

Active Sky 2012 auto winds aloft data import for 777

For those that don't yet know, Hi-Fi have released a SP3 Beta which includes the above. I haven't been able to try it yet and wonder if anyone here has yet? If so, it'd be good to hear your thoughts.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Works great. just import your flight plan into as2012 and it writes the .wx file and puts it in the pmdg folder. so no more copy and paste nonsense. 

I've got it and have used it on several long range flights, and it works as advertised. That said, I haven't seen where it's made a significant difference in the quality/accuracy of my flight or the pre-flight planning apps like PFPX. I'm assuming it gives you slightly more accurate en-route arrival times on your legs, but again any significant, noticeable difference escapes me. I still arrive at my final destination almost exactly spot-on with the predicted PFPX times and fuel burn as I had before updating.

Thanks guys, look forward to giving it a go some time. Promised the wife a Dexter binge today :-)

This does not work for me. Just installed the beta and processed a plan as usual but when I checked the pmdg wx folder it was not there. had to do the copy and paste trick.

is there something I am missing here?

I've got it and have used it on several long range flights, and it works as advertised. That said, I haven't seen where it's made a significant difference in the quality/accuracy of my flight or the pre-flight planning apps like PFPX. I'm assuming it gives you slightly more accurate en-route arrival times on your legs, but again any significant, noticeable difference escapes me. I still arrive at my final destination almost exactly spot-on with the predicted PFPX times and fuel burn as I had before updating.

I am not sure your complaint here... Active Sky and PFPX do different things.

I am not sure your complaint here... Active Sky and PFPX do different things.

You have mistaken an observation for a complaint. I was merely responding to the OP's request for hearing user thoughts on the new AS2012 wind export capability. I'm fully aware that AS and PFPX do different things; I've been at this hobby for about 15 years now.

You have mistaken an observation for a complaint. I was merely responding to the OP's request for hearing user thoughts on the new AS2012 wind export capability. I'm fully aware that AS and PFPX do different things; I've been at this hobby for about 15 years now.

You said you haven't seen it make any difference when compared to FPFX, that isn't an observation if both programs are completely different. The point to get the exported wind data is to have the correct data for your fmc.