Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Hey '5'...where are ya?

She's around, I'm sure!

Otherwise, the Yin energy would be off, and everything feels under perfect equilibrium :-) to me, again... :Ying Yang:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

She got banned for giving a link to a xp10 payware of the B58 Carenado. She was trying to help Phantom88 get his updated B58 faster but it's illegal to send payware links by PM. She didn't know, was just trying tohelp another member. 

She got banned for giving a link to a xp10 payware of the B58 Carenado. She was trying to help Phantom88 get his updated B58 faster but it's illegal to send payware links by PM. She didn't know, was just trying tohelp another member. 

ah...so is that 'ban' a permanent happening?  

VERY unfortunate! Maybe the Avsim mods should reconsider their decision?

That is too bad.  She really added a lot to the Avsim X-Plane community.  She will be missed on these message boards.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

No wonder I haven't seen "5" around, very unfortunate indeed!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

She's still on Avsim using a different name. 

Well Five...or who ever you post as...we miss you, your energy, and too bad matters went the way they did, for by your online personality, there is no way that I can imagine that you would do anything in any type of underhanded manner.  I don't see why a personal PM to you would not have corrected that and sufficed, for obviously you would have not done what was being objected to again after it being pointed out to you via that P.M message from AVSIM.

....well, I hope my post and other's makes you feel warm and good inside.  I have always enjoyed your input...so...carry on, under any banner....   Happy Flying!

Ses

Seriously? if indeed the case, lt's pretty black and white despite any way to justify it.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Seriously? if indeed the case, lt's pretty black and white despite any way to justify it.

If I understand, that she only gave the link to where you may purchase it...then I don't understand their response.  But..if she gave an actual download link to the file that you'd only receive by buying the plane...then...that is a much different matter, entirely.  That would show clear intent...so I'm hoping it was only the 'where to buy and download' link that she P.M.'ed another member with........

Still miss the energy, and laughter....:(

This was a very unfortunate situation, and Five, trying to do her best to help someone who actually owned the model, but was having difficulties in getting the update, ended up doing something that she really would not do if that person wasn't a legitimate owner of the aircraft!

It's very sad that it happened, and above all, it's all of us who ended up losing such an important member for a while. Thanksfully she's back, under a new user ID :-))))))

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Agree.

And as I understand it, it wasn't just a link to buy it, it was a link to an illegal source to download it.    That can never be justified.   I am sure if someone shared a pirated link to a PMDG product we would all be rightly outraged;  why would it be different for a payware XP10 product?  .......... maybe she was not as naive as you all think.

Also blatently discussing the fact that a banned member is 'back using an other ID' is a bit naive;  I know the AVSIM Staff can search by IPs so her 'new' ID may well now be discovered and banned also, as a result of those of you choosing to discuss that in public.           - rightly or wrongly.

Just an opinion.

Agree.

And as I understand it, it wasn't just a link to buy it, it was a link to an illegal source to download it.    That can never be justified.   I am sure if someone shared a pirated link to a PMDG product we would all be rightly outraged;  why would it be different for a payware XP10 product?  .......... maybe she was not as naive as you all think.

Also blatently discussing the fact that a banned member is 'back using an other ID' is a bit naive;  I know the AVSIM Staff can search by IPs so her 'new' ID may well now be discovered and banned also, as a result of those of you choosing to discuss that in public.           - rightly or wrongly.

Just an opinion.

If indeed the case, agree!

Best, Michael

KDFW