Sign in to follow this  
simpilot1

Wind Data Import with T7 FMC

I apologize if this is a bit off topic.

I just bought (the AS2012 sequel) AS Next from HiFi and I think I need some guidance regarding the preferred method (if

one exists) of importing the winds aloft data from AS Next to the T7 FMC.  Is there a procedure similar to the AS2012 procedure,  or something 

else, or is it somehow automatic,  or has it even been figured out yet,  or is it even a possibility :)   ?

Happy New Year to all,

Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

To answer my own question > I think I found it in a different thread here. To paraphrase > Unless the info in the

other thread is incorrect, ASN automatically exports the winds aloft data to the proper (wx) folder for use

with the T7's FMC after a flight plan has been loaded via ASN interface.

Ken

Ken Boardman

Hi everyone,

guess I need to hijack that thread...

So I own REX and the T7. If I create a flight plan in REX with the Waypoints that will be used in-flight, I can create a .txt file which contains all details of the flight. 

As far as I know, I only need the "winds aloft" data. So if I copy them from the created .txt file into a new file which is for example ekcheham.wx and try to import it via FMC, I get an error which says "wrong format" (a few a hours ago, don't remember exactly).

Which format of the data does the T7 need?

As far as I know  rex  hasn't  come up with the wind  format yet but  I could be  wrong  though, it would be mentioned in their forum if  they had.  have you checked  at all.  Another way of  doing it  if you got pfpx it just a matter of  just exporting it, or if you got  asn  it does it autmatically

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

As far as I know, I only need the "winds aloft" data. So if I copy them from the created .txt file into a new file which is for example ekcheham.wx and try to import it via FMC, I get an error which says "wrong format" (a few a hours ago, don't remember exactly).

Are you absolutely sure that the file isn't being called ekcheham.wx.txt?  Depending on your system settings, if file types are "known" then it won't display the extension.  Since Windows "knows" .txt from the factory (you don't have to install anything for it to recognize the format), then it will hide the extension unless you tell it otherwise.

Kyle Rodgers

This is what confuses me: Rex made an official announcement that the software will immediately support the wind export (see: http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/news.html , scroll down to 18th September).

But if I google it, there is only this announcement. Nothing in their forums, nothing in any other forums.

Than maybe you should put in a post in the rex forum asking on the status than

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg