Sign in to follow this  
yorgosGK

Serious issue with ATI and Steves DX10 fix? Tears and Spikes everywhere

I will be testing this! Can you give some radeon pro settings or the fixes settings options as well? I would love to test oit exactly what u have. If u dont use radeon pro then i will test again without it. Maybe its time for some final final tests by me! Im excited ive been dx9 now for passed 3-4 weeks!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

I will be testing this! Can you give some radeon pro settings or the fixes settings options as well? I would love to test oit exactly what u have. If u dont use radeon pro then i will test again without it. Maybe its time for some final final tests by me! Im excited ive been dx9 now for passed 3-4 weeks!

I dont use RadeonPro

Yeah give it a shot and see if it holds on your system

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Well.....It didnt hold with your cfg and your options. I was in Sydney with Orbx AU and RIGHT away it came back.....Its just crazy because I get no lag and my cpu and GPU are not even being stressed what so ever....i almost have a steady 30fps even in INSANE areas with rex, gex, utx etc.....this is just a driver thing I think.....

Im going to try commenting out some things in the cfg and see what happens :(

ELB729.png

Well.....It didnt hold with your cfg and your options. I was in Sydney with Orbx AU and RIGHT away it came back.....Its just crazy because I get no lag and my cpu and GPU are not even being stressed what so ever....i almost have a steady 30fps even in INSANE areas with rex, gex, utx etc.....this is just a driver thing I think.....

Im going to try commenting out some things in the cfg and see what happens :(

I honestly don't understand. Although I do not fly the NGX.

When I fly DX10, my FSX.CFG is virgin with only Wideviewaspect=true and highmemfix statement in these areas...

[Display]

WideViewAspect=True

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

Then in FSX try Cloud Density to high instead of Max and water at 2xLow. Scenery Complexity and Autogen Density to Very Dense and Dense. 

In FSX AA is enabled. In the DX10 fixer I have 4xAA set. Supersample enabled in the driver.

FSX fps set to unlimited and RadeonPro set to 30 fps.

I would have to fly a long time to get spikes. My usual 1 - 1.5 hour flights I will likely never see them.

Charles.

You know what Guys I would like to apologize I didn't copy the FSX.cfg perfectly. I added a TBM of 120 (got spikes almost instantly)...the latest attempt Mr.Moe posted was 80 and I didn't change that value on my cfg file when I did his test.

Currently over pacific from Melbourne (witch had Orbx scenery). Stress testing this so Im going direct Toronto (about 18 hr flight with a almost empty 772 :P and let'er rip over night and see where it takes me in the morning and when I get back from work!

If I dont get the tears and spikes on this stress test flight I will stay with DX10 for now. I mean you gotta love the performance upgrade this gives us, this is why I want to nail this and stay in DX10. 

Will notify all!

ELB729.png

Well....they came back...Its safe to say 2 hours in to every flight they come. Its funny becuase when I set my TBM to 120 they came RIGHT away (before t/o) when I put it to 80 I have 2 hours.....I am going to trying playing with this tweak and maybe start introducing some unorthodox numbers.....

ELB729.png

Well....they came back...Its safe to say 2 hours in to every flight they come. Its funny becuase when I set my TBM to 120 they came RIGHT away (before t/o) when I put it to 80 I have 2 hours.....I am going to trying playing with this tweak and maybe start introducing some unorthodox numbers.....

Damn , i really hope AMD will look into it or that re-install in January with a GTX780 is the only way out. I will also try lowering the TBM but i have not had any issue with the above settings yet.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Tesselation set to app controlled in ccc has giving be a LONG time even with high 2x waters in gebraltor area....but after about 5-6 touch and goes in athens after a full hour in gibralter they came back....i set my TBM down to the lowest possible....10! i find it eliminates blurries also and gives me more time now before they appear again

ELB729.png

Tesselation set to app controlled in ccc has giving be a LONG time even with high 2x waters in gebraltor area....but after about 5-6 touch and goes in athens after a full hour in gibralter they came back....i set my TBM down to the lowest possible....10! i find it eliminates blurries also and gives me more time now before they appear again

tbm=10 will try that with my low x 2 settings (if i have problems with my setup) :-) )

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Just saw this now... On my laptop.. I5, 4gb ram, some sort of graphics card (laptop is 2 years old).. FSX no tearing or spikes....  P3D some tearing & spikes in certain places, then I fly out of them. I think I must look & see if it's with both the 3d & 2d cockpits.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Damn , i really hope AMD will look into it or that re-install in January with a GTX780 is the only way out. I will also try lowering the TBM but i have not had any issue with the above settings yet.

Michael Moe

Um really? AMD could care less about a hundred AMD customers trying to get the unfinished 2007 FSX DX10 Preview mode to work. Even with this DX10 fixer "MOD", that is what it still is. Nothing more, nothing less. All other DX10 and DX11 games run awesome. It's not AMD's fault.  

Even though I have a soft spot for AMD video cards, I would go nVidia if it meant making the sim work. The good news is that it does work. In DX9 where it looks nearly identical and with the BP=0 tweak, basically just as smooth. For me at least. DX10 gave me a tick more tolerance for heavy weather but not so much I would pull my hair out to go back to DX9.

I am waiting on P3D v 2.0 DX11 code. It might be where I am headed in the end regardless. Only if I can find a way to use my Garmins in it. If P3D 2.0 is buggy on AMD, I will get a GTX780. They will be under $500 by the end of the month.

Charles.

Well.....I got so frustraded I gave up and I think its safe to say I fixed my spikes and tearing issues....popping'er in as you read this! lol

Will report back

pkcy.jpg

ELB729.png

Well.....I got so frustraded I gave up and I think its safe to say I fixed my spikes and tearing issues....popping'er in as you read this! lol

Will report back

Thanks looking forward to hear and see your setup settings with this monster and the ngx.

Yesterday i tried the new 13.11v8 and fsx without CCC because its broken on my system and i got 160 fps in the 777 PMDG wingview and 100 fps in VC. on decent to PHNL. Still no issues on my system with the rather medium settings.

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Will report back

pkcy.jpg

Just a couple of days behind you :-) Please share your setup incluyding if you needed a total reinstall of OS etc.  :P

sz1s.jpg

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I did a complete OS-reinstall and I've got to say my FSX has never been running this good. I don't think this is purely related to my new GTX780 as my last FSX was a reinstall(installed, then uninstalled with lots of manual deleting of files(felt dirty) and new reinstall on top of that). All microstuttering and anomallys are gone like dew in sun and ALL addon AC is now on a steady 30fps even on addon airports. Now, I do most of my flying in Norway so airports aren't that big, but still, even with the NGX/T7, VærnesX, full overcast with Opus, FS2Crew, ProAtc, GSX/AES, REX textures; it stays on 30fps...in all its DX10 glory:-)

Oh...protip(thnx to Jeroen); set your cloudresoultion to 512x512, not only does it make your sim run better, its look way more realistic and better than any HD-textures ever did!

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One